The Filipino Group discussion

Fear of Flying
This topic is about Fear of Flying
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [Group Events] F2F32: Fear of Flying by Erica Jong | August 16, 2014, 2pm | Titania Wine Cellar, Makati City

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (last edited Aug 01, 2014 07:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marie | 295 comments fear of flying ad

RSVP here

Online discussion here

You are invited to this month's book discussion, where we will be discussing Erica Jong's controversial novel, Fear of Flying.

When: August 16, 2014, 2-6pm
Where: Titania Wine Cellar, 7435 Yakal Street, San Antonio Village, Makati City
What to bring: Yourself, some money, your copy of the book, and an open mind

Menu here

What to expect: Fun, entertaining conversations, wine & food :-)

Contact me for any inquiries

Map here

Commute directions to the venue:
From EDSA Buendia MRT Station: From the MRT station, take a Guadalupe-Cartimar/Libertad jeep plying along Buendia / Gil Puyat Ave. Get off at Mayapis Street. Walk to your right, pass Malugay Street and turn right at Yakal Street.

From EDSA Ayala MRT Station: From the MRT station, take a any bus to Libertad plying along Ayala Avene. Get off at Mayapis Street. Walk to your right, pass Malugay Street and turn right at Yakal Street.

message 2: by Kristel (last edited Jul 28, 2014 05:28AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kristel (fanarchist) | 489 comments I'm finished with the book! I honestly enjoyed myself reading it, but there are certainly parts that (view spoiler)

I'll try to respond to the discussion without tipping my hand too much with how I feel, lol. In the meantime, this is essentially my RSVP for the F2F discussion.

message 3: by Marie (last edited Jul 28, 2014 05:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marie | 295 comments @Kristel: Wow, ang bilis ah! Nice! :-D

I tried to make an event page for the discussion but it said i wasn't allowed. TFG admins, help? :-)

Ranee | 1902 comments Noted Marie! Siguro, let us first set the venue before creating the event invite? Any particular thing you are looking for/demand for the venue? Projectors etc?

message 5: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Ranee wrote: "Noted Marie! Siguro, let us first set the venue before creating the event invite? Any particular thing you are looking for/demand for the venue? Projectors etc?"

Replying for notif purposes :)

Also: projectors, Doc Ranee? Haha, what's to display? :)

Ranee | 1902 comments May livestream nga ang A tale of two cities eh. I dunno, a visual interpretation of flying?

Marie | 295 comments I found a venue na (see info above).

Marie | 295 comments Posted the menu above na rin. They said that they can also customize a set menu that is cheaper than the one I've posted.

message 9: by Farah (last edited Jul 31, 2014 09:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Farah Jane (farah8121) | 5 comments i've always wanted to join f2f discussions but i know no one here so i'm wondering if there are other newbies joining this month's discussion? and the venue is so near my place so i would really love to come =))

Meliza (mecawish) | 720 comments Hi Farah! Everyone started as a newbie. Just go and we will be happy to meet you. :)

Paolo Wine and Fear of Flying :) Sounds like a great match.

Farah Jane (farah8121) | 5 comments Meliza wrote: "Hi Farah! Everyone started as a newbie. Just go and we will be happy to meet you. :)"

thanks, see you there then =)

message 13: by Ycel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ycel | 662 comments FARAH:
When I discovered TFG, I just showed up in The Book Thief F2F. I'd been looking for people I can talk to about books and bookish stuff. TFG filled that need and met my expectations. So all you have to do is show up :)

Farah Jane (farah8121) | 5 comments Ycel wrote: "FARAH:
When I discovered TFG, I just showed up in The Book Thief F2F. I'd been looking for people I can talk to about books and bookish stuff. TFG filled that need and met my expectations. So all ..."

i can't wait then =) i've always wanted to meet new friends who also are booklovers..

Marie | 295 comments i've always wanted to join f2f discussions but i know no one here so i'm wondering if there are other newbies joining this month's discussion? and the venue is so near my place so i would really love to come =))

Hi Farrah! We'll be glad to see you there. Do join us!

Farah Jane (farah8121) | 5 comments thanks..i will =)

Ranee | 1902 comments Ayan Paolo, 2 newbies. Come to the f2f. Fly with us

message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 12 comments Farah wrote: "i've always wanted to join f2f discussions but i know no one here so i'm wondering if there are other newbies joining this month's discussion? and the venue is so near my place so i would really lo..."

Hi Farah! Newbie to F2F discussions as well! I'm thinking of joining but first I'll have to get a copy of the book. :)

message 19: by lyralester (new)

lyralester | 7 comments Yey somewhere near my place. :) Hopefully I can finally attend this month's discussion.

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments I NEED WINE AND A ROOM TO RANT. I shall see you mwah~ :)

Marie | 295 comments Ayan Paolo, 2 newbies. Come to the f2f. Fly with us

Ay Paolo, are you really planning to skip the f2f? Ngeh, di pwede. Kelangan pumunta ka. :-)

Marie | 295 comments Hi Farah! Newbie to F2F discussions as well! I'm thinking of joining but first I'll have to get a copy of the book. :)

Hi Kate! There's an epub copy at the online discussion page: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Do join us! :-)

Marie | 295 comments Yey somewhere near my place. :) Hopefully I can finally attend this month's discussion.

Hi Lyra, join us!

I NEED WINE AND A ROOM TO RANT. I shall see you mwah~ :)

@Maria Ella: Sakto ang wine sa topic natin no? Hahaha! See you there!

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments Congratulations, Marie! ♥

Ranee | 1902 comments Congrats Marie! Thanks for the verbal menage a trois!

message 26: by Ycel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ycel | 662 comments Congrats, Marie! Always fun discovering new stuff about TFG. Hello, bonggang bonggang Ingga :)

message 27: by Kyusireader (new)

Kyusireader | 10 comments Congratulations, Marie! It was a very insightful and fun discussion.

And thank you and the TFG peeps for having me!

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Thanks, Marie, for existentialism. XD

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments Even I briefly participated the discussion... I still enjoyed it. Andami kong nasabi lang ahahahaha.

Naskandalo pa si Ingga.apir ahahaha

Meliza (mecawish) | 720 comments Congratulations, Marie! :)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments Congratulations, Marie! Super fun and interesting discussion. :)

Hi, Farrah! Hope to see you again in our future F2Fs. :D

Peter! Next time ulit. ;)

Gwaxa | 350 comments Congrats, Marie! Kahit nakakafrustrate si Isadora. :P

message 33: by Marie (last edited Aug 17, 2014 08:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marie | 295 comments Thanks, y'all! I'm glad that you found my discussion interesting & fun (kahit alaskado si Ingrid, hahahaha)!!!

And yes Gwaxa, ang sarap sabunutan ni Isadora. :-D

Paolo Marie wrote: "Ayan Paolo, 2 newbies. Come to the f2f. Fly with us

Ay Paolo, are you really planning to skip the f2f? Ngeh, di pwede. Kelangan pumunta ka. :-)"

Ay lol I literally saw this just now :p Glad to see that the F2F was a success. Sorry for not attending.

I'm just that odd, introverted type of shy + suplado combination who prefers the online discussion ^_^

Marie | 295 comments I'm just that odd, introverted type of shy + suplado combination who prefers the online discussion ^_^

Weh, may ganun? :-P

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.