Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

May - EVERYONE HAS READ BUT ME > Buddy read: A Darker Shade of Magic

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (last edited Apr 30, 2018 08:37AM) (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
Maybe you haven't read anything by her (yet), but you definitely have heard of Victoria Schwab. Her stories take you to worlds in which violence breeds monsters, or to a London full of thieves, trouble and magic. That London you'll get to know in A Darker Shade of Magic: the winner of this month's poll.

So don't be afraid to start: put on your red coat and get ready for an adventure!

Leave your thoughts about the book here, and please keep spoilers under spoiler tags! You can do this by typing < spoiler>SPOILER HERE< /spoiler> and removing the spaces. Thank you :)

message 2: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Wohooo, I'll join this month's buddy read! I am excited to finally read this series :)

message 3: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Hi, will anyone join the buddy read?

message 4: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

Arika (onceuponabookishnerd) | 239 comments Mod
Lucie, are you reading it? I was thinking of picking it up this week and trying to finish by next week. I hadn't been in the reading mood this month but I really want to read this book!

message 5: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Arika wrote: "Lucie, are you reading it? I was thinking of picking it up this week and trying to finish by next week. I hadn't been in the reading mood this month but I really want to read this book!"

not yet but I want to read it this month. I can start later this week :)

message 6: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

lucie wrote: "Arika wrote: "Lucie, are you reading it? I was thinking of picking it up this week and trying to finish by next week. I hadn't been in the reading mood this month but I really want to read this boo..."

Ok lets do this!! I'm going to pick up the book by thursday and will start it!

message 7: by lucie (last edited May 22, 2018 08:39AM) (new)

lucie (arey) Arika wrote: "lucie wrote: "Arika wrote: "Lucie, are you reading it? I was thinking of picking it up this week and trying to finish by next week. I hadn't been in the reading mood this month but I really want to..."

Awesome! I'll let you know when I start, weekend seems realistic

message 8: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) I am sorry, Arika, but I think I will not read it this month even though I wanted to. I am currently reading another fantasy book and although it's a really good book, I have to force myself to read. I think I need to take a break from fantasy genr for a while...

message 9: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

That’s ok Luci! I started reading it and it’s pretty good so far. I’m about 100 pages in :)

message 10: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Arika wrote: "That’s ok Luci! I started reading it and it’s pretty good so far. I’m about 100 pages in :)"

Glad to hear it! Happy reading :))) Maybe the discussion here will get me out of the fantasy slump, haha

message 11: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

I am about half way through and I can definitely see why there is a hype about this book and Schwab's books herself. Her writing is so smooth and flows so well. Even with multiple POV, I still am turning each page wondering what is going to happen next.