Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

May - EVERYONE HAS READ BUT ME > What will you be reading?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
For May, you all have chosen to read books that everyone has read but me.

You know which books we're talking about: the ones that everyone seems to have read (and loved), but you somehow never got to them. Well fear not, because this month you can read them together with your fellow Wonderlanders :)

I'm planning on reading:
- The Fault in Our Stars (my first John Green book! *gasp*)
- Wuthering Heights
- The Lies of Locke Lamora

So don't be afraid to start, and finally take that hyped book off your TBR! Happy reading!

message 2: by Ely, White Queen (new)

Ely (earlgreybooks) | 7 comments Mod
Good luck with TFiOS, Puck!

I'm starting off with Children of Blood and Bone and The Return of the King. If I finish both of those then I'll try something else!

message 3: by Rodney (new)

Rodney (rodneybracke) | 25 comments Puck wrote: "I'm planning on reading:
- The Fault in Our Stars (my first John Green book! *gasp*)"

Same here!
I'm starting on The Fault in Our Stars. Don't know anything about it, haven't read any synopsis or seen the movie (not even a trailer). So all I know is that I'm one of the last in the world that has no clue what that book is about :-)

WhatIReallyRead Isn't this theme the same as January's "hyped books"?

message 5: by Inge, Mad Hatter (last edited May 01, 2018 03:30AM) (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
WhatIReallyRead wrote: "Isn't this theme the same as January's "hyped books"?"

Forgive me - human error. I didn't think about January's theme when I added this one to the poll. But it received 52% of the votes, so I guess people still have a few books to knock off their shelves. :o)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments From the 13th of May 'till the the 8th July I'm going to be participating in a two month long TBR readathon and some of the books on my TBR fit this month's theme.

I'm going to choose from the following books:
The Darkest Minds
Daughter of Smoke & Bone
The Lies of Locke Lamora
Stars Above
Strange the Dreamer

The reason I'm saying is 'choose from' is because I tend to no longer be interested in a book as soon as I put it on a TBR. That's why I'm giving myself options :-)

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments Puck wrote: "For May, you all have chosen to read books that everyone has read but me.

You know which books we're talking about: the ones that everyone seems to have read (and loved), but you somehow never got..."

If you feel like buddyreading The Lies of Locke Lamora, let me know. I'm not sure when I'll be reading it in May, but I would like to get it off my TBR :-)

message 8: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) I'd like to read A Court of Frost and Starlight (it's one day out and everybody has read it :D ), Lord of the Flies, The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue or Falling Kingdoms. And I'll join this month's buddy read for A Darker Shade of Magic :)

I am grateful for this theme, it makes me read books I own in paperback

message 9: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Lyoness ♌ wrote: "I'm going to read A Court of Thorns and Roses :)"

yayyy! I hope you'll like it :) Happy reading

message 10: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (ontheothersideofreality) | 183 comments Puck wrote: "For May, you all have chosen to read books that everyone has read but me.

You know which books we're talking about: the ones that everyone seems to have read (and loved), but you somehow never got..."

I love Wuthering Heights! It's one of my very favorite classics <3 I hope you enjoy it!

message 11: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (ontheothersideofreality) | 183 comments I know for sure I'll be finishing Twelfth Night by Shakespeare, and I'll probably be reading 101 Famous Poems as well. Beyond that, we'll see! Finals have made me unfortunately busy this month :/

message 12: by Ally (new)

Ally | 22 comments I'm going to finally read City of Heavenly Fire and finish this series 5 years after first starting it lol.
I also plan on finishing the Percy Jackson series- I only have The Battle of the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian left.
And hopefully I will have time to read Heir of Fire too! I might read more depending on how much time I have this month but we'll see!

message 13: by Ally (new)

Ally | 22 comments Natulcien wrote: "From the 13th of May 'till the the 8th July I'm going to be participating in a two month long TBR readathon and some of the books on my TBR fit this month's theme.

I'm going to choose from the fol..."

Strange the Dreamer was beautiful, I loved it so much! Hopefully you like it too if you end up picking it up this month! :)

message 14: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
Ally wrote: "I'm going to finally read City of Heavenly Fire and finish this series 5 years after first starting it lol.
I also plan on finishing the Percy Jackson series- I only have [book:The B..."

Good ones Ally! The last Percy Jackson books really take you for a ride (that battle in New York is truly epic), so I hope you love them too :)

message 15: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
Eleanor wrote: "I know for sure I'll be finishing Twelfth Night by Shakespeare, and I'll probably be reading 101 Famous Poems as well. Beyond that, we'll see! Finals have made me unfortun..."

Good luck with your finals Eleanor! And no matter how tempting your books might be; study goes first (sadly ;P)

And I hope you enjoy the Twelfth Night! I also have a Shakespeare play on my TBR for this month: Romeo and Juliet. I still haven't read the most famous love story of all, so it's high time that changes!

message 16: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Crivelli (brunettegirl27) | 102 comments I would love to read The exact opposite of okay by Laura Steven -- since it is part of my YALC tbr and everybody keep suggest me this book.

I would also like to read Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell but I need to be in the good mood. So I will put it in the 'MAYBE'.

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 13 comments I am currently reading A darker shade of magic and loving it so far

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab

And also: All the light we cannot see, which is already a favourite of mine

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

message 18: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (daphne89) | 11 comments I've decided to read Before I fall by Lauren Oliver. This is a great theme, there are just so many possibilities! :)

message 19: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
I hope everyone is having a good reading month! I've read 3 hyped books so far so I'm on a roll, and the one still on my TBR is Wuthering Heights.
Unfortunately my dog passed away yesterday so I'm not really in the mood for such a bleak story...so I might go to the library and get something else. Although I don't feel like reading much right now. 😞

message 20: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Puck wrote: "I hope everyone is having a good reading month! I've read 3 hyped books so far so I'm on a roll, and the one still on my TBR is Wuthering Heights.
Unfortunately my dog passed away ye..."

Oh no, I am so sorry Puck :(

message 21: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

Arika (onceuponabookishnerd) | 239 comments Mod
Puck wrote: "I hope everyone is having a good reading month! I've read 3 hyped books so far so I'm on a roll, and the one still on my TBR is Wuthering Heights.
Unfortunately my dog passed away ye..."

I'm so sorry Puck!! Sending hugs your way! Losing a member of the family is so horrible :(