What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Prince Charming
This topic is about Prince Charming
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance: Marriage of convenience for "greater good." England & America/West. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tasmuymal (new)

Tasmuymal K | 6 comments I'm looking for a historical romance (Regency?) set both in England and in America.

Details I remember (Possible spoilers):
Heroine meets Hero at a ball. He enters & everyone is whispering/judging. Heroine steels herself to meet him, and shows pluck and strength.
Heroine marries Hero for what she calls "the greater good"
The greater good actually turns out to be twin nieces (pretty sure on relative status)
QUOTE: When Hero finds out he asks "which one's Greater and which one's Good?"
IIRC, he marries her for her dowry and/or "entrance" to society & she marries him so he will use his resources to track down her lost nieces.
There is a "half breed" character that helps our Hero and Heroine

I'm not sure what year I read the book honestly. Perhaps around 2010, but it may have been older as I was reading a lot of thrift store finds at the time.

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments I searched with the phrase you remember and found Prince Charming by Julie Garwood.

message 3: by Tasmuymal (new)

Tasmuymal K | 6 comments @annamariah — I think that’s it. I’m going to download a sample to see for certain & then update post accordingly.

Do you mind sharing what/where you searched? I googled that phrase + historical romance and just came up with different lists of “best historicals” etc.

message 4: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2566 comments I'm positive you have the correct book. If it helps, here is some other info regarding Prince Charming...

Lucas marries Taylor for the dowry. He needs money to "buy" his siblings from their other brother. Brother doesn't care about the siblings, just wanted the money. The jerk brother was Taylor's original fiancé but instead marries Taylor's cousin.

Lucas asks Taylor why she married him. She replies for the greater good. Though she doesn't tell him, she intends to find her twin nieces (her sister passed away) and take care of them. She, also, needs to keep them away from her lecherous uncle Malcolm (child molester).

Taylor is obsessed with mountain men/wild west stories. (view spoiler)

message 5: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments I simply Googled the phrase with quotation marks, and got exactly one hit, which was it :)

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Sigh, are you a high powered sales person Juels? If not, you are missing your calling. I just ordered a copy of the book based on what you said about it.

message 7: by Tasmuymal (new)

Tasmuymal K | 6 comments Yes yes yes! Thank you all so much!

I obviously need to step up my googling skills. I can’t believe I didn’t try using quotations.

message 8: by Juels (last edited May 04, 2018 07:45AM) (new)

Juels | 2566 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Sigh, are you a high powered sales person Juels? If not, you are missing your calling. I just ordered a copy of the book based on what you said about it."

LOL, not yet. Maybe I did miss my calling. I love Julie Garwood books. Her heroines have a Disney-esque quality (think Ariel from The Little Mermaid). Hope you enjoy it.