so you like YA?! discussion

Book Haul!! > August Book Haul :)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (bardura) | 293 comments I never plan to buy anything because whenever I make a list I always end up buying things that arent even on my list :D

message 2: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 131 comments Just ordered some books :D Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth

message 3: by Shadowhunter's Library (last edited Jul 31, 2014 10:16PM) (new)

Shadowhunter's Library (blazecarstairs) | 36 comments I only plan on buying one book, since I am on a ban, and it is, without a doubt: Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 4: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett i pick up john green the fault in our starts and looking for alaska and cassandra clare clockwork angel

message 5: by Athena (new)

Athena | 3 comments These books just came in the mail today! Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout I Am Malala The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5) by Richelle Mead The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing

message 6: by Diamond (new)

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 111 comments I just got a great haul at a few used book stores!
A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan The Summer King (The Chronicles of Faerie, #2) by O.R. Melling The Dark Between by Sonia Gensler Matchless A Christmas Story by Gregory Maguire

And on iBooks - ebook
Loki's Wolves (The Blackwell Pages, #1) by K.L. Armstrong The Shining (The Shining, #1) by Stephen King

message 7: by Mars (new)

Mars (marissmurphy) I really want to buy Kiss of deception by Mary E. Pearson and the last two books in the Shadow and Bone trilogy by Leigh Bardugo!

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 05, 2014 10:05PM) (new)

Son (The Giver #4) by Lois Lowry

And then I'm going to go see the Giver movie.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie K Athena Belikova ♕ wrote: "These books just came in the mail today! Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout I Am Malala The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai [bookcover:Silver Shadows|8..."

Sounds like some great books :)

I've particularly heard about Malala (watched an interview). She's very inspirational and brave.

message 10: by Lu (new)

Lu Gualdieri (lugualdieri) | 6 comments I recently bought Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer La gramática del amor by Rocío Carmona Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Stealing Phoenix (Benedicts, #2) by Joss Stirling
And it's only been the first week of August!!
If I continue like this I don't know if I'll have any more money left at the end of the month!!

message 11: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (bardura) | 293 comments I bought these today:
Once and Always (Sequels, #1) by Judith McNaught Doctor Who Shada by Gareth Roberts Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Animal Farm by George Orwell

e books;
Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1) by Lori M. Lee

message 12: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (alaina05) | 1 comments So far I've gotten Obisdian by JLA, Blood Promise and Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead, and Fallen Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes (I think that's how you spell her name..)

message 13: by Fari (new)

Fari  (nothingbetterthanbooks) Got This Star Won't Go Out The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl by Esther Earl today

message 16: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 403 comments The battle of the labyrinth by Rick riordan
The giver by Lois Lowry
The sisterhood of the traveling pants
The bad beginnings by lemony snicket

message 17: by maria. (new)

maria. (thecharacterstudy) | 35 comments I got The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner and The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner on my trip to London for £2,99 each.
A friend got Attachments by Rainbow Rowell signed for me.
I don't think I'm gonna buy more books this month because I'm trying to keep it low for a while.

These Violent Delights (Robin) So I recently went shopping on Amazon.com, B&N.com, and Bookoutlet.com.

From Amazon.com:
River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs Death Sworn (Death Sworn, #1) by Leah Cypess Beginnings Obsidian & Onyx (Lux, #1-2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi Free Agent (Grimm Agency, #1) by J.C. Nelson Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1) by Lori M. Lee Reckoning (Silver Blackthorn, #1) by Kerry Wilkinson Free to Fall by Lauren Miller Dissonance (Dissonance, #1) by Erica O'Rourke The Angel Stone (Fairwick Chronicles, #3) by Juliet Dark Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth

From Amazon.com that has yet to arrive:
The Water Witch (Fairwick Chronicles, #2) by Juliet Dark The Glass Sentence (The Mapmakers Trilogy, #1) by S.E. Grove Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2) by April Genevieve Tucholke

From B&N.com:
Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return by Ian Doescher

From Bookoutlet.com (supposedly arriving today but it's Bookoutlet so it might not arrive till September lol):
Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2) by Tera Lynn Childs Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3) by Tera Lynn Childs Arcadia Burns (Arcadia, #2) by Kai Meyer Starling (Starling, #1) by Lesley Livingston Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie, #1) by Ingrid Paulson Team Human by Justine Larbalestier Arclight (Arclight, #1) by Josin L. McQuein Rush (The Game, #1) by Eve Silver Not a Drop to Drink (Not a Drop to Drink, #1) by Mindy McGinnis Parallel by Lauren Miller The Brokenhearted (The Brokenhearted #1) by Amelia Kahaney Dualed (Dualed, #1) by Elsie Chapman Eve & Adam (Eve & Adam, #1) by Michael Grant Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Outpost (Razorland, #2) by Ann Aguirre Horde (Razorland, #3) by Ann Aguirre Altered (Crewel World, #2) by Gennifer Albin The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy, #1) by Mark Frost Velveteen by Daniel Marks Isle of Night (The Watchers, #1) by Veronica Wolff Vampire's Kiss (The Watchers, #2) by Veronica Wolff Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3) by Veronica Wolff The Keep (The Watchers, #4) by Veronica Wolff Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Blood Oranges (Siobhan Quinn, #1) by Kathleen Tierney Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake Furious by Jill Wolfson Neptune's Tears by Susan Waggoner Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1) by Jay Kristoff Kinslayer (The Lotus War, #2) by Jay Kristoff Rain of the Ghosts by Greg Weisman The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon

message 19: by CourtLovesBooks (new)

CourtLovesBooks Got This Star Won't Go Out The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl by Esther Earl tuesday, such a pretty book

message 20: by J.E. (new)

J.E. Thompson | 9 comments Just picked up A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1) by Brandon Mull so excited, my first Brandon Mull book.

message 21: by Megan (last edited Aug 21, 2014 04:53PM) (new)

Megan (jinjumeg) | 14 comments I went a little overboard this month and got The 100 (The Hundred, #1) by Kass Morgan The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5) by James Dashner Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Attachments by Rainbow Rowell in paperback and Pawn (Warchild, #1) by Ernie Lindsey Peony in Love by Lisa See Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma as ebooks

I also sweet talked my stepmum into getting me How They Met, and Other Stories by David Levithan and Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by David Levithan

message 22: by Arissa (last edited Aug 23, 2014 03:26PM) (new)

Arissa Cannella | 2 comments I found a nice used book store down the street from me and bought The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3) by Kami Garcia Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and then went to Barnes and Nobles and bought If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Looking for Alaska by John Green Paper Towns by John Green Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3) by Lauren DeStefano The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz So excited to read them all! :)

message 23: by maria. (new)

maria. (thecharacterstudy) | 35 comments Arissa wrote: "I found a nice used book store down the street from me and bought The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia [bookcover:Beauti..."

If I Stay, Paper Towns, Mara Dyer, and Ari and Dante are all favourites of mine. Really hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

message 24: by Diamond (new)

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 111 comments I bought
The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Harkness Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2) by Mary Lindsey Mistborn The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter

I really wanna buy Between the Spark and Burn!!

message 25: by Reed (new)

Reed Morrison (dontoverthinkit) Between the spark and the burn, Oppositin, and Isla an the Happily ever after.

message 26: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (liss4ever) I bought Isla and the happily ever after. :)