Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #1)
This topic is about Still Life
Archives > May 2018-First Thoughts-**No Spoilers**-Still Life

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phrynne | 3952 comments Mod
First thoughts on Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #1) by Louise Penny Still Life by Louise Penny

message 2: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 9879 comments Mod
I have reserved my copy from the library :)

Kylie H | 926 comments Starting my copy tonight! :0)

message 4: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Happy reading Kylie!

message 5: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 283 comments OK...so far I have not yet been able to join in on the monthly read due to either the book not available for me or not enough time. Well, this month, I am ahead! I have read this book and thoroughly enjoyed the characters and setting so much that I have continued the series. I am up to #5 now.

message 6: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Great to know Bea! I picked up my copy this morning :)

Carolyn | 1512 comments One of my favourite series! Love Inspector Gamache :)

Kylie H | 926 comments I am only half way through and really enjoying this book!! I was wondering what Gamache would look like (trying to dispel Clouseau images) and found this clip. I really like it so thought I would share with the group. Sorry if it spoils your mental picture of some of the characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx2Dv...
Hopefully the link works.
PS I have at least 7 suspects now and none the wiser as to who did it!!!

message 9: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (last edited May 03, 2018 09:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's really interesting Kylie. The actress who plays Ruth is spot on! Gamache is okay, lovely speaking voice. Clara is too pretty and she does not have a relationship with Gamache. In the books he is much too much attached to his wife for anything else to be possible:)

Kylie H | 926 comments Yes, it is not what I pictured either (Gamache has a moustache, so a bit like Poirot in that respect), but it was nice to see Louise Penny talk about the characters. One day I may bring myself to watch the film.

message 11: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I shall give it a miss. I am much too attached to the book characters to spoil it for myself:)

message 12: by Bea (last edited May 07, 2018 06:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 283 comments Thank you for that link, Kylie. It was very interesting. And, I was especially interested in Louise Penny's comment that Clara is Louise in the books.

Kylie H | 926 comments Thanks Bea, yes that comment made me look at the character in a new light.

message 14: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Started this one this afternoon and am enjoying it so far :) Gamache is reminding me of Hercule Poirot!

Kylie H | 926 comments Brenda wrote: "Started this one this afternoon and am enjoying it so far :) Gamache is reminding me of Hercule Poirot!"

Me too - hope you enjoy the book. It is a good night for sitting down with a cuppa and a book. :0)

message 16: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just finished it and loved it. About to write my review :)

Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Still Life (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Louise Penny (other topics)