What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy/ Woman is a half blood and can transform into a elf. Trained by an elf warrior. Warrior was blood sword to Queen but broke it and is sworn to her.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (ivvycheng) | 2 comments I am going crazy.

This book is a part of a series. I read the entire series last year.

The main character is a woman. She is a half blood. She is approached by a elf warrior who is an asshole to her. He pushes her and fights her. He is training her. When she is pushed, she can access her half blood heritage. She can transform into an elf. He belongs to an elite squad of warriors that belong to a Fae queen. The entire squad is deadly and they are all blood sword to the queen. They can all also transform into animals. He is able to take on the shape of either an owl or a hawk.

The queen sent him to help her, initially. She is refused entrance into the queens city unless she walks in as an elf. She lives on the outskirts of the city. She helps out in a kitchen.

However, the two fall in love. The main character somehow breaks the blood oath. But he is then blood sworn to her. They fall in love. At the end of the book, the queen takes him back. He sacrifices himself to save her. But she swears that she will not stop searching for him.

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments Heir of Fire

This is a long shot but it might help get the discussion going. So much of your book sounds like Heir of Fire (3rd book in the Throne of Glass series)

- Rowan teaches Aelin to work with her fire magic on the orders of Queen Maeve
- Aelin turns more Fae in appearance when doing her fire thing
- Rowan can turn into a hawk
- Rowan has a team of other Fae that are all tied to Queen Maeve
- Aelin bargains with the Queen to end Rowan's ties and Rowan swears a blood oath to Aelin instead

message 3: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (ivvycheng) | 2 comments I looked it up and you might be right. I had originally skimmed the summary but didn’t think it matched. I think the problem was that the first book was so drastically different from the last few that I didn’t think they were the same. Thank you so much!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - Tricia's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=KiD...

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Ivy, will you let us know if Heir of Fire is the correct book, and we'll mark this as solved and shelve the book. Thanks!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Ivy, was your book "Heir of Fire" or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heir of Fire (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah J. Maas (other topics)