Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Fool's Quest  (The Fitz and The Fool, #2)
This topic is about Fool's Quest
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Fool's Quest [May 8, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - added it

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
May 8th.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Spot. :)

Shaitarn | 1964 comments Started!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments me too. :)

Shaitarn | 1964 comments Have to dash out right now, but I'll be commenting about this one later (so good!)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments You are right! It is very very good. :)
I haven't had much time to log in either but I AM reading and finished more than half of it. How about you?

Shaitarn | 1964 comments You know a book is good when you don't want to stop reading to go on Goodreads! :D I'm halfway through chapter 19 (about page 360) and I'm loving it. Fitz is knee-deep in intrigue in Buckkeep! If this keeps up, this'll be another 5 star read for me.

Some scattered thoughts:

Bee:(view spoiler)

Chade: (view spoiler)

Withywoods: (view spoiler)

The Fool: (view spoiler)

Fitz: (view spoiler)

I could write so much more, but I'll get back to reading!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I was pretty much thinking the same as you at that point. With one exception: in the beginning I felt like howling at Fitz for not telling the Fool that Bee had been in his arms. They took forever to figure that out for crying out loud! The secrets between those 2 are still a barrier and I resent that. By now they should know better.

I've had a lot of time to myself in the last 2 days so I was able to finish a few of my open books, this included.

I'm sorry I didn't get to post but I had no access to the PC till today. And as you also said, this book was just so good that I forgot I had to do something else also besides reading.

After just finishing it today I am so very glad I didn't start this series when the last book hadn't been published still because that cliffhanger would have driven me crazy. And that's all I'll say for now.

I have some urgent chores to do now but I'll be back and post my thoughts on the last half of the book as soon as they are done. (1 hour max.) 😘

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments more than one hour but I'm back! :)

Thoughts up to the end.

Fitz (view spoiler)

Bee (view spoiler)

Fool (view spoiler)

At the end (view spoiler)

There is so much to say about this book. So much to gush about!

How about you? At what chapter are you now?

Shaitarn | 1964 comments I'm currently on chapter 25. I think I'll be finished in two days; I'll open your spoilers then!

Shaitarn | 1964 comments I've finished. Five stars again, definitely!

I have to go out right now, so I'll put my thoughts here later. Would you like to start Assassin's Fate right now or do you have another book to finish first?

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I was waiting for you to finish this also. I felt quite bad for finishing ahead of plan and I promise not to do that for the next book. :)

I've got a few reads started now but I can adjust if you want to start the next book.
And I won't go so fast this time.
Just let me know.

Shaitarn | 1964 comments Sorry for the delay – my husband fainted on the stars last night (Thursday) and broke his arm when he fell. As our town is too small to have a x-ray department at the hospital we had to go to the next town (almost 20 miles away) to get it checked out in A&E. The only process from him being checked in to having his arm plastered was pretty quick (about 3 hours), but as neither of us drive we had to wait until the buses started running again in the morning before we could get home so didn’t get into bed until after ten this morning!

As I knew I’d have a long wait while he was being seen to, I took Assassins Fate with me, so I’ve already started and read a chunk of it, which I have to apologise for. I don’t anticipate being able to do much reading this weekend (because now my husband only has one arm I’ll be doing the majority of the chores), but I’ll be taking the book with me on Monday, when he goes to have a permanent cast fitted.

I’ll summarise my thoughts on this book shortly after getting my mind together!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Please don't appologise. And I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband. :(
Hope he'll be ok.

I'm not at home right now. My husband signed us up for a jeep off-road mountain trail trip so we've been driving all day long today.
Tomorrow there's another rough track planned and even though I may have some time to read at the hotel in the evening I didn't get Fitz with me. So I'm gonna ask you to let me know on Monday where you reached with the book and I'll try to catch up. :)

Take care. 😘