Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)
This topic is about Steel's Edge
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Steel's Edge [August 4, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4608 comments Mod
August 4th.

Narilka | 3365 comments I am going to start this one tomorrow. Yeah, I'm a little early.

Narilka | 3365 comments That sure started with a bang! I'm at 23% which is somewhere in the middle of Ch 3 (view spoiler)

Narilka | 3365 comments Damn you Ilona Andrews!!!

40%/beginning of Ch 7 (view spoiler)

Narilka | 3365 comments 68%/Somewhere in Ch 11 (view spoiler)

message 6: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Aug 05, 2018 08:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 18015 comments Mod
I listened to 40 minutes of the middle of the book before I realized I wasn't listening to some weird prologue (25 minutes sped up)... I wasn't enjoying it out of context, waiting for a time jump and chapter 1 to happen...

Stupid audiobook parts with the same generic name were sorted wrong in iBooks player...

Narilka | 3365 comments Oops. Get it fixed?

message 8: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yea... the book was only broken into 2 parts... I'm a decent way in now... much better...

Narilka | 3365 comments I'm at 89%. (view spoiler)

message 10: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm enjoying the book, but on some levels it's kind of a good thing this is the end of the series... on one hand, it's hard to put my finger on why I feel that way... on the other, it's easy to start thinking how crazy it is that so many badasses are lurking in the Edge/Mire... tou start to wonder why they don't just take over the Weird...

message 11: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished the book... I think my tiredness of the Edge format sapped some of the enjoyment out of this book... Diana has a good point about this in another thread...

At least we'll see Jack, George & Lark again in Innkeeper Chronicles... are we going to continue with those next month?... there are 3 books available, and I think by the time we reach the end the current serialized novella should be finished... historically, those come out around Christmas on Kindle...

message 12: by Lena (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lena This was the darkest of the series. The authors didn’t shy away from the horrors of slavery.

Narilka | 3365 comments I finished too. I enjoyed it but it wasn't my favorite. I think we saw more of the Weird than the Edge in the last two books. It was an interesting look into blueblood society.

Definitely agree with Lena. The authors did not shy from the horrors of slavery at all. It did give the book a dark tone.

Iain, if you're game for going straight to Innkeeper next month then I am. Did you want to keep it at the beginning of the month or push to the end to hopefully time with a Christmas release for Sweep of the Blade? For what it's worth I haven't been reading the installments preferring to throw my money at the authors once the story is complete.

message 14: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's how I play it, too... I like to let them make an editing pass and release the ebook/audiobook... whichever works for you is fine with me... or wait for others to catch up and read this if they're still onboard...

Narilka | 3365 comments I think it might just be us on Innkeeper. I'll go post over on Buddy Read invite to see if anyone else is interested. I'm onboard regardless :)

Narilka | 3365 comments Looks like there is some interest on the buddy read invite thread. If there's no objections I'd like to move the date towards the end of the month. How does the 18th sound? If that's good I'll request the mods set up threads.

message 17: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

It's GREAT actually... I get used to just repeating the same date monthly, but really, the beginning of my months have been hectic all year... I usually end up with 2x the BRs in the first half of each month vs the last half, and it leaves me in a rush for those 2 weeks... so move it forward for sure...

Narilka | 3365 comments Made the request for the 18ths of each month.