Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Winter of Ice and Iron 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8431 comments Winter of Ice and Iron
5 Stars

Skimming through the the other reviews posted for this book, I find that you are either on team "I LOVE THIS BOOK", or team "I DID NOT LIKE IT". Me, I am with the first. This was such a refreshing change from the fantasy books I have read recently.

It was a bit difficult to catch on to the story . There was one reviewer who said "Neumier slowly builds her world without giving anything away..." and I think that is spot on.

If you are not a fan of high fantasy, this book is not for you.

There are only a few in this world who have a connection to the magic. That magic comes from the earth itself-you can master it, or it can master you. Letting the later happen can bring on events that may destroy everything.

The story revolves around Innisth tere' Maer Eanetai , who lives and rules the province of Ensete' and the Princess Kerha irine' Elin Raehema, the daughter and heir of the King of Harivir. Innisth carries the fierce power of Eaneten, while Kerha has mastered the gentler,but still powerful Raehemaieth. Was it the Fortunate Gods, or the Unfortunate Gods that brought these two together?
Whichever it was, the facts are clear: They must work together or all is lost.

I hated for this book to end. Research on Ms. Neumeier(who I have never read before) shows she had never done a series. I can always hope she makes an exception. There is so much more I want to know about this world. The other books on my night stand were quite neglected the last few weeks.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Hmmmm....interesting. I do like high fantasy. Is this a stand alone? It sounds like it is based on your last paragraph, which I admit is VERY appealing to me!