SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Member Lists > What Kittykat Reads (2018/2019/2020)

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Mar 16, 2019 07:10PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Hey all

I'm a mostly binge reader of series. Especially with UF/PNR.

CORSOCD is 'Can Only Read a Series Once Complete' Disorder and MRBIOS is 'Must Read Books In Order' Syndrome.

So, just off the top of my head, this log is for

* Series I've already started but came to a standstill with (mostly when I realized it was nowhere near finished, but there will be some other reasons too)
* Series I've finished and (mostly) enjoyed,
* Series I'm waiting to be completed before I start
* Series I'm interested in based on first couple of books
* Series I've finished and not completely enjoyed
* Series that are complete and I've not yet read
* Series I'm excited to read this year
* Series I'm not interested in at this point

12.05.18 Edited to add

* Series I'm unsure about but I will read
* HF Series I'm interested in
* SF Series I'm interested in
* YA Series I'm interested in
* Kids Series I remember reading back in the day!

message 2: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Apr 29, 2018 01:43PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Series I've already started

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs . I got to Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs and had to come to a standstill as I realized it was a) going to be on-going for some time and b) was intertwined with the Alpha and Omega series

Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs . I got to Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs so I could get up to date on the Mercyverse. That last one is the only 5 star for me to date int he two series.

And I think that in general, I prefer A&O over MT which I think is due to the MC's. I like Mercy, not so much Adam but love both Anna and Charles and to me, their story has more heart.

Witchling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn . Got to Crimson Veil (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #15) by Yasmine Galenorn before I ran out... Now I have a love/hate relationship with this series. It has too much sex for an UF IMO, too much "I'm so gorgeous" with Camille and I'm not sold on the vampires Ms Galenorn creates, but for such a long series it did mostly keep my attention and has lots of different aspects that I do enjoy including a different sister narrating each book in order.

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost . I read this series and all the interconnecting books in the same world in order. Like I do! I got to Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7) by Jeaniene Frost which yes is the end of Cat & Bones main story, but still had others to go! I was so p***** that there was just one more to go as I was loving the characters, ALL of the characters not just the mains, the action, and in particular the humor! But then it came out there would be TWO more Night Prince volumes so the wait was even longer... and I still have yet to finish. And now it turns out there is a Ian series in the works too! That's doesn't matter so much though, I will finish this series this year and Ian's I will treat as brand new.

Now to change it up a bit...

Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #1) by T.J. Klune . I loved this. Didn't realise at the time it was part of a series so still have the remaining 3 to go. And because I really enjoyed the writing, this lead on to

Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1) by T.J. Klune . LOVE LOVE LOVE this book so very much. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO READ THIS!!! It's MM PNR, and is both beautiful and heartwrenching at the same time. I didn't realize at the time that it would be part of a series much like the previous one. This was one of my top 3 reads of 2016 and one of the many things I loved was how tactile the non gay male characters were with each other. I'm a very tactile person myself so this really resonated with me. Book 2, Ravensong (Green Creek, #2) by T.J. Klune based on other characters, is out 31st July, and I will break my rules for this one! With a re-read of book 1 first of course.

and And one of the earliest UF/PNR series I read Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson which was a great humorous tale until that change happened in book 8/9 which is when I stopped reading

That's it for now...

message 3: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Sep 02, 2018 05:31AM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Series I've completed and (mostly) enjoyed

One of my favorites UF's due to a mostly lack of non-human creatures is Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk . There is a gargoyle though who is a fun addition! and a spin-off with Shame and Terric too and I read those straight after.

Some seriously hilarious stuff goes on in this series He Ain't Lion (Ridgeville, #1) by Celia Kyle . Nothing groundbreaking and some cheesy stuff but it's fun.

More some seriously hilarious stuff going on in this Damons Mountains collection of series (!), which starts here Lumberjack Werebear (Saw Bears, #1) by T.S. Joyce and ends here Son of the Dragon (Sons of Beasts, #3) by T.S. Joyce but also quite a bit of angst, loads of snark and some seriously f****d up guys'n'gals. These are formulaic, but I can forgive that because the overreaching plot carries on through the years from book 1 to the end as well as the characters are so enjoyable, the characters are mostly everymen/women, not billionaire CEO's, and are all fairly short reads so even though there's loads of them it's not a huge drain to read to the end.

Now for some Vampires... Called to Order (The Order of Vampyres, #1) by Lydia Michaels , no Amish Vampyres!!! Yes, that's right! All four books were 5 star reads for me... and I was desperate enough for more that I even contacted the author after I finished and found out that she is planning on more at some point...

More Vampires Conversion (Conversion, #1) by S.C. Stephens , a different take also.

And even more Vampires The Link (Pearl Vampire Chronicles #1) by Dara J. Nelson

More UF Night Myst (Indigo Court, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn , which I enjoyed a tad more than the Otherworld series,

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison which I likes but didn't love and hated the Al stuff and what happened to myRachel's beloved early on (still alsty about that lol!)

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1) by Keri Arthur and it's spin off Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1) by Keri Arthur but again too much explicit sex does detract somewhat from the action

On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews , my introduction to Ilona Andrews

and another beloved series A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness even though the first half of book 1 was a struggle, Ms. Harkness has some mad skills having me devour her book 2 which is mainly set in Elizabethan England which is a period in time I have Zero interest in!

Some contemporary stuff...

Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1) by Lorelei James , I liked a most of the books in this series, disliked a few and was invested enough to ignore some issues that I have problems with that arise in her books

Sacred Waters (McCullough Mountain, #1) by Lydia Michaels , by the same lady who wrote about Amish Vamps! There's some serious angst here and a slightly taboo subject matter...

A fun and fluffy cozy mystery Sex, Murder And A Double Latte (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #1) by Kyra Davis . It was finished until a new one got released that I found out about recently.

Maybe Baby by Kim Golden set in Sweden and Denmark with a bi/tri-lingual american woman. This includes some issues that a lot of readers are uncomfortable with but is well written and the issues deal with sensitively

and I'm going to finish with witches A Modern Witch (A Modern Witch, #1) by Debora Geary Witches on Parole (WitchLight Trilogy, #1) by Debora Geary and An Imperfect Witch (Witch Central, #1) by Debora Geary a mostly heartwarming set of three interconnecting series which also includes some women in STEM which is fab!

Edited 02.09.18 to add;

Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning, #1) by Ellen Connor a fun and frantic post-apocalyptic paranormal romance trilogy including zombies and shifters! Book 2 was my favorite because of the superb heroine.

Dark Currents (Agent of Hel, #1) by Jacqueline Carey totally different to her Kushiel's Universe books (that do absolutely nothing for me) thankfully. Not a fav, but I did like the vast and diverse cast of human and non-human characters, and it includes some fun, spunky but very hilariously jealous and rude little fairies!

At Death It Begins (ADIB, #1) by Elle Jefferson A sweet coming of age (at 30ish!) vampire family mystery mini-saga.

Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) by Sylvain Neuvel Need I say more? Big news in sci-fi circles. Something different for me but at the end of the day no matter what genre, it's mostly just about humanity, and enjoying this series definitely paves the way for more sci-fi for me. I requested my library get these books and they did which I was really pleased about as it was the first time I had made a request to them.

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments Hi Herekittykitty! I'm definitely among those in the MRBIOS category. My OCDemoness claws at me if I jump the line. >;)

message 5: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Sep 02, 2018 05:47AM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Series I've finished and not completely enjoyed

So disappointed as I'd hyped this up internally but with Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill the MC's (Merit and Ethan) were insufferable. I LOVED some of the secondary characters and mostly they, incl Merit's Gramps are what kept me going, but when you despise the MC's, on top of some other issues I had... it kinda ruins things to a point.

The slightly different take on Vamps didn't work for me, the world building was mediocre to me and after all those books I still had loads of questions about how things worked in their world. And when that thing happened to Ethan, I wish it had stayed done! This was the reverse to me of what Kim Harrison did in The Hollows with "you know who".

Thought this one was going to be cute and quirky, it was but I also thought it was a tad bland... Strange Neighbors (Strange Neighbors, #1) by Ashlyn Chase

Can't think of any others for this bit yet...

Edited 02.09.18 to add

Token Huntress (Token Huntress, #1) by Kia Carrington-Russell an NA post-apocalyptic vampire thrilogy. This could have been fantastic as the premise was all kinds of exciting to me. But it ended on a cliffhanger with no mention made of any further volumes. Also, the writing was not up to scratch, there were numerous plot holes, some very tired YA/NA tropes and the horrific "romance" and explicit sex got in the way of the action. Felt a little bad as I received them all free for review, but you gotta be honest.

Darkness Comes (Darkness Comes, #1) by A.C. Warneke similar to above, a post-apocalyptic vampire duoology that was more sex and angels than vampires. Really didn't take to this at all, but was just interested enough to find out what happens by finishing the two volumes.

Dark Hearts by Abby Greenwood nothing much to say other than was just a little bland for a trilogy of police procedural/mystery books that include shifters as both MC's and villains. Also included some typical ethnic stereotypes we see all the time in media, and really this could have been so much more.

message 6: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited May 11, 2018 05:27PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Series I'm waiting to be completed before I start

With no end date in sight, I can't bring myself to start these and then end up in limbo for years waiting for the next one to come along, so I'll wait a few more years and binge them when they're complete!

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews of course! This year!!!

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire which I understand has a feline shifter (slow burn romance) MC and a love triangle?

The Leopard King (Ars Numina, #1) by Ann Aguirre , I have read this first one (felines!) as I wanted to see if I'd like it and I do so I'm happy to wait for the rest.

Wild Rain (Leopard People, #2) by Christine Feehan More felines... and my first Christine Feehan

Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi Despite how brutally painful the wait will be seeing as the first one was only release last month...

Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1) by Lora Leigh I did start this series years ago when it was published by Elloras Cave and got so many in and realised that the end was nowhere near in sight so I will start all over again once day, when it's complete! I like the animal sci-fi element of the DNA premise of this series, without the "breeds" actually being shifters.

TBC

Edited 12.05.18 to add

Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter and Blood of the Earth (Soulwood, #1) by Faith Hunter

Rivers of London (Peter Grant, #1) by Ben Aaronovitch

Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire

message 7: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments I've just picked up so many to-reads from your lists...and I cannot wait for you to start on Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews and Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire . Those two are easily at the top of my favorites!!

You're also making me want to go explain all my choices because yours were so fun to read!

message 8: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited May 11, 2018 05:26PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Hey Holly, I missed your comment here till now for some reason.

I know! Kate is def on the list this year, but October Daye is still ongoing? For the life of me, I can't find anything anywhere that says how long the series will be or when she is planning on completing it and by now you know me..!

I've picked up loads on my TBR from you too! And I'd love to read more about your reasons for your choices, so I'll wait...:-) But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add Wolfsong as a priority, I'd love to know your thoughts on that one.

PS Tell/tease (?) me about October Daye and King Kitty Tybalt pretty please?!

message 9: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited May 11, 2018 05:51PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Series I'm not interested in at this point

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton My Life as a White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie, #1) by Diana Rowland Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1) by Gena Showalter Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey

and sorry don't kill me anyone for this one Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling

TBC

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Series I'm excited to read this year

These have been completed for some time but I plan on reading this year...

My Soul to Keep (African Immortals, #1) by Tananarive Due Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1) by Carrie Vaughn The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodring (Rogue Mage, #1) by Faith Hunter Bad Blood (Crimson Moon, #1) by L.A. Banks Parable of the Sower (Earthseed, #1) by Octavia E. Butler Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning, #1) by Ellen Connor

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments YA Series I'm interested in

Whilst not a main choice of mine, there are some YA series that have caught my eye. I may or may not read some or any of these at some point...

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Binti (Binti, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman The Madman’s Daughter (The Madman’s Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor In the After (In the After, #1) by Demitria Lunetta Mayfly by Jeff Sweat Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Viral Nation (Viral Nation, #1) by Shaunta Grimes

message 12: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Herekittykitty wrote: "Hey Holly, I missed your comment here till now for some reason.

I know! Kate is def on the list this year, but October Daye is still ongoing? For the life of me, I can't find anything anywhere th..."

Okay, so it's like this...I don't know when the October Daye series will end. She pumps books out like crazy, though. Between that series and the InCryptid series, she's constantly publishing short stories from both worlds and writing under the name Mira Grant.

If you love feline shifters, you're gonna love both Kate Daniels and Toby Daye. Both feature awesome feline shifters. ::squee!:: Another feline shifter UF series I enjoyed but haven't finished: The Becoming.

You're gonna freakin' love Tybalt and okay, there's not really a triangle...it's more like Rachel Morgan. Like "I'm with this dude for real, but that one's pretty, too."

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Cool, thanks. Honestly, I think I really will be one of those crazy cat ladies, but only have two cats in my house! One of my goals is to go to Southern Africa and see the big cats in their natural habitat and then come home and talk to my girls about their distant cousins lol!)

I don't mind love triangles, as long as it's not the soppy teenage sort so that doesn't worry me at all. But I have to ask is Tybalt actually a shifter, or is it better for me to wait and see?

I didn't realize that Anna Strong had shifters of any kind in it. It's been on my radar, but a bit low down. I'll bump it up now though.

Ok so am gonna ask you about InCryptid too. The H is a ballroom dancer? Really? I LOVE that! Is it a big part of the books? I danced my through about twelve years of my childhood from 4 to 16 so love it when I come across a dancing MC, especially if it's not ballet which always seems to be the 'go-to' when dance is included.

I've also picked up her YA novella series as it's had so many excellent reviews from non-ya readers, so I think that's probably where I'll start with Ms. MaGuire.

PS I still can't talk about Rachel Morgan without getting annoyed over Kisten! He is my Carl Grimes of the book world.

message 14: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Hahaa! Yay for cats! You're way braver than I am. Not going anywhere I can't drive to...I've seen too many horror movies.

Yeah, in Blood Drive (Anna Strong Chronicles, #2) by Jeanne C. Stein and then throughout, one of the main characters is a panther shifter. I'm actually not usually into vamp stories, but I love shifters and that one pulled me in. ;) So...I'm just gonna let you find out about Tybalt. No spoilers for you! Definitely more fun that way! Then we can have all the discussions. ;)

So InCryptid does have one H that's a ballroom dancer. That series is set up kind of like Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series? Each book focuses on maybe the same, maybe a different character in the same world.

Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid, #2) by Seanan McGuire Chaos Choreography (InCryptid, #5) by Seanan McGuire
These are the stories told from the perspective of the dancer. The first one touches on it, the second-not so much, and the last one lives in dancing shoes-I found them ridiculously entertaining, but if you know that world, I bet you'll eat them up!

Are you talking about McGuire's Velveteen vs. The Junior Super Patriots (Velveteen vs., #1) by Seanan McGuire series? I can't find it anywhere...let me know if I should hunt it down.

Kisten was the best...I just have a thing for villians with a heart of gold. We'll have to agree to disagree about Al/Trent!

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Not braver, just more stupid maybe? Not sure if I'll ever make it any closer than a sanctuary somewhere here in England though!!!

I have to admit, my love of vamps has been waning since I discovered shifters and I've read a few recently that really were just meh. They are still "up there" albeit no longer in the number one spot

OK ok, I'll wait to find out about Tybalt... whether I wait to read the completed series depends on how much I love Kate Daniels and how much I regret waiting to get to that one when the time comes lol!

Hmmm, InCryptid, I feel requires further research if there are separate arcs that can be split up... meaning I won't have to wait until series is complete. Yay!

I meant the Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire trilogy. I've never come across the one you've mentioned before.

Kisten, Kisten, Kisten. What a waste of a fine figure of a vampire! Fine, I know I'm so far in the minority about Al and probably Trent too. I can deal lol! Maybe I'll reread The Hollows one day and form a different opinion. I remember that loads of people were really pissed off with all the Rachel/Ivy shenanigans and the 'will they/won't they', but none of that bothered me.

TBH, I quite often find myself contrary to popular opinion on various characters so I'm never shocked when it happens again. Bones is a prime example of that. I liked him a lot, but that was despite how much like Spike he was as Spike was just a major irritation to me!!!

message 16: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments We're going to have so many great Kate Daniels/Toby Daye discussions!

The InCryptid series has separate character arcs, but they still have a linear storyline. Do you primarily read paper books or ebooks? I ask because there is a world of short stories attached to this series and every one of them enhances the overall experience. I didn't find out about them until after I'd read a few, but I wish I had.

Oh my gosh...I disagree with all of your character loves/hates!!

Okay, not all. Kisten was absolutely a doll and yes, a waste of a lovely character. I liked how Al and Trent evolved. That's my favorite part of any character and if they never change, ever-it bores me. Newt was probably my favorite, Jenks a close second. The Rachel/Ivy bit never bothered me either. It felt like the natural progression for both of them. People are weird.

I loved Bones (only read the first couple books), but, I also adored Spike. I'm a sucker for a bad boy with a heart of gold. Cheers to being different!!

message 17: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Also, let me know about Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire . It's only on my list because I love the author, but it sounds a bit more poignant than the others I've read from her. No idea, though-could be wrong.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Haha, so great minds don't always think alike!!! I love me some poignacy or major angst in my contemporary reading! Never really come across it so much in any PNR/UF yet though so I'll have to let you know on these when I get to them...

Primarily ebooks or library books as I'm working on lessening my hoarding habits now that I live in a much smaller place!

message 19: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Nor should they, in my opinion. Would be too predictable, yes?

Yeah, that hoarding thing is a struggle for me, too... Ever since I got my Kindle, though, I've been primarily buying ebooks. The trouble with that is that if I like something (aka book 1 from the library...), I'll immediately start throwing my money at the series until I'm caught up and own them all.

The only ones that don't fall into this category are the ones I bought in paperback and are sitting on my shelf already...I can't bring myself to get rid of them even if I could just buy the ebooks for less. ::sighs:: Being addicted to books is hard. :)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Holly wrote: "Nor should they, in my opinion. Would be too predictable, yes?... Being addicted to books is hard. :)"

Too true! on both issues.

message 21: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Sep 02, 2018 04:33AM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Starting Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews later today! Sooooo excited!

message 22: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments Enjoy!! I just finished the finale 😩 so sad, but so damn good!

message 23: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments kittykat (was Herekittykitty) wrote: "Starting Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews later today! Sooooo excited!"

Oh my gosh, YES! I know you love your cat shifters. You won't be disappointed. I'm currently reading Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10) by Ilona Andrews and the journey is worth it!

message 24: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments Soooo worth it!

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments This page is def due an update, it's been so long! Gonna have to bookmark it as it takes so long to find via normal methods on GR lol!

message 26: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Mar 16, 2019 07:13PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments * Series I'm unsure about but I will try

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments * HF Series I'm interested in

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments * SF Series I'm interested in

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments * Kids Series I remember reading back in the day!

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Favorite series so far

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Series I DO read book by book and am up to date with

message 32: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Jan 14, 2020 01:52PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Well I never went back to update this page last year! Got to do that this time, there's lots to fill in.

I really wish there was a way to save certain pages on GR as a reminder to update...

Bump for self!!!

message 33: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments You could always save links for yourself on your profile page; I have a section under quotes called "Steph's Writing" where I can post whatever info I want. Personally, I've set a reminder on my phone to check my personal reading tracking thread once a quarter, but I don't always have the time to update it. If nothing else, it reminds me it's there.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments OK, so thicko here needs to know how to do that? I've just had a look at your page and I just can't figure it out 😵

I just tried to add a quote and entering the URL and it wouldn't let me. I also thought about putting it in the about me section but there is a message there already telling me that that function has been disabled - I tried anyway and of course, couldn't.

I'm sure that I'm missing something that is really obvious here!!! But, then GR should allow a section on our profiles for us to save a certain number of links automatically anyway... but functionality is a sore subject lol!

message 35: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments Huh. I'm not sure how you can create a writing section, kittykat. I poked around my profile settings to see if there was something there, but didn't see anything about those sections. I tried scrolling through GR's help and gave up b/c it was only returning author questions. So, I created my own question and will wait to see if someone answers it: https://help.goodreads.com/s/question...
How can a member add writings to their profile page? EX: I have a "Steph's Writing" section between "Quotes" & "Groups" on my profile page. A member of my group would like to create some on her own. Is this still possible? If so, how?
Example ~ my writing section on my profile page (https://www.goodreads.com/story/list/...)

message 36: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jan 15, 2020 01:54PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments Someone replied and I found it. Click on COMMUNITY at the top of your home/profile page, scroll to CREATIVE WRITING and look for 'my writing' or something similar. I can see 'my writing' on the top of the page on the right side b/c I've already created some threads, but I'm not sure what it'll look like for you. Lemme know if that works - hope so!

https://www.goodreads.com/story

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Ah, bless you Steph. Thanks for doing that. Do you remember how you created yours?

message 38: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments I don't actually. It was almost 10 years ago. Sorry! Do you see an option to create yours or no?

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Steph wrote: "I don't actually. It was almost 10 years ago. Sorry! Do you see an option to create yours or no?"

Nada! 🤷🏽‍♀️

message 40: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

message 41: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Jan 21, 2020 01:29PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Steph wrote: "Try this: https://www.goodreads.com/story/new Any luck?"

Yeah, thanks. 🤗

Just a shame that Goodreads don't make it easier for people to do this as a basic function...

message 42: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments Good. Yeah, I know. Glad it worked for ya.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Steph wrote: "Good. Yeah, I know. Glad it worked for ya."

Now that I have that function, I will probably end up totally abusing it lol!

message 44: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments 😏