Deadly Divas Book Club discussion

May 2018 / He Said She Said > Spoilers - He Said She Said

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) SPOILER ALERT! This is where you will post all your thoughts and feelings for He Said She Said - feel free to post as many spoilers as you want.

message 2: by Sandi (new)

Sandi Sullivan | 21 comments I DNFed this book. I started reading it about 5 days ago and I just couldn’t get into it. I read it until page 56 and put it down. The next day I thought maybe I should give it another chance and read a little over 100 pages and I just accepted that this book just wasn’t for me. I really wanted to like it and I’ll probably be in the minority with my opinion. I hope everyone else really enjoys it and would still like to join the live show to hear everyone’s thoughts. Happy reading everyone.

message 3: by Candice (new)

Candice (candicerosado) | 21 comments Sandi wrote: "I DNFed this book. I started reading it about 5 days ago and I just couldn’t get into it. I read it until page 56 and put it down. The next day I thought maybe I should give it another chance and r..."

I am struggling too. I was wondering if it was just me. I will read a bit more today and if I am not feeling it, I will DNF. Thanks for being honest!

message 4: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Douglas | 9 comments I’ve loved the last two books so much, but this one I am having a hard time as well getting through it. I’m struggling to even pick it up anymore. I love faced paced reads or ones that hook you right away.. This one is just not for me. I hate when I DNF a book. :(. I dint find myself getting sucked into the story. I love this group and I look forward to the live show :).

message 5: by Trish (new)

Trish (jpolking) | 135 comments I haven’t started it yet .....but I am happy that you are still going to join in on the liveshow ....I hope I enjoy it more !

message 6: by Candice (new)

Candice (candicerosado) | 21 comments I've continued to read. It isn't the best book I've read, but it isn't the worst.

message 7: by Candice (new)

Candice (candicerosado) | 21 comments I finished it last night. I can't wait to talk about it.

message 8: by Mallaree (new)

Mallaree (happymallaree) | 10 comments I just finished it last night. While I did find it a little slow at the beginning, it definitely picked up at the end. I really enjoyed it.

message 9: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 1 comments Good to hear it picks up! I just started it!

message 10: by Gaylene (new)

Gaylene Peyatt | 14 comments Candice wrote: "I finished it last night. I can't wait to talk about it."
Did you end up enjoying it?

message 11: by Trish (new)

Trish (jpolking) | 135 comments Thanks for the feedback everyone
Can’t wait to discuss
Hugs 🤗

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) Oh my gosh....I have to start reading soon because I have to know if I will feel the same as most of you. It will be fun to discuss. LOL!

message 13: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3 comments I finished yesterday. WOW! Gobsmacked 🙀. Looking forward to the discussion.

message 14: by Therese (new)

Therese (avablue14) | 36 comments I am very glad to hear it picks up!!

message 15: by Jamie (new)

Jamie  (bookstatsandtea) Sandi wrote: "I DNFed this book. I started reading it about 5 days ago and I just couldn’t get into it. I read it until page 56 and put it down. The next day I thought maybe I should give it another chance and r..."

Definity not alone! I'm about 100 pages in and I'm debating pushing through or not. TBH I'm not very interested in the story. Its not grabbing me. Idk i really wanted to like it and see that mostly everyone does. Idk what I'm missing ☹

message 16: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) It's a slow burning suspense, the beginning is a little slow but the second half of the book is intense. I am almost done with it, can't wait to discuss it.

message 17: by Candice (new)

Candice (candicerosado) | 21 comments Gaylene wrote: "Candice wrote: "I finished it last night. I can't wait to talk about it."
Did you end up enjoying it?"

Candice Rosado
It was a decent read. Not the best book I've read but decent. Probably 3.5 or 3.75 stars.

message 18: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 5 comments This book took me awhile to get through. Felt it was too long and too much back and forth. It did pick up at the end. 3 stars for me.

message 19: by Addie Dehart (new)

Addie Dehart | 27 comments I’m 150 pages in and I’m struggling with it. It’s taken
Me a full week to get this far, I’m strongly considering DNFing it which I rarely ever do. I’m glad to see that it picks up I think I’m going to give it to 200 pages and then reevaluate.

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) I started the book earlier this evening and I'm on page 60 - it's been a bit painful making it this far into the book. However, I'm going to power on to see what happens.

message 21: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (tealsmom) | 6 comments I am listening to the audio, so i think its helping. I have 25% left. Its interesting.

message 22: by Addie Dehart (new)

Addie Dehart | 27 comments I’m sorry to say I’m quitting it. I gave it a fair try I think but I’m forcing myself to read it and getting no enjoyment. There’s too many good books out there.

message 23: by ☘ Erin K ☘ (new)

☘ Erin K ☘ I downloaded this from the library and was going to start it but everyone's comments are giving me pause. I've been in a horrible reading funk lately and have only finished 1 book so far this month. If this one is a really slow starter, it's not going to help me get out of my funk. I need something that's going to grab me right away so I think I'm going to skip this book and hope next months selection is a better fit for me.

message 24: by Misty (new)

Misty Mathis | 1 comments I had to DNF this book. I usually try to power through, but I couldn't.

message 25: by Gaylene (new)

Gaylene Peyatt | 14 comments If you DNF'ed this book, try to power through again. Maybe try the audio version. I am almost finished and so glad I stayed with it. The second half is so much better than the first.

message 26: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) I am surprised that so many readers are not enjoying this book. I really liked it, especially the second half!

message 27: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (tealsmom) | 6 comments gaylene, i agree. the audio helped this book.

message 28: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Courts | 8 comments I agree with everyone that the beginning of the book is slow. I am currently on page 188 and starting to get more invested in the characters. The theme of eclipse chasing is an unusual plot point that I found refreshing as I know this is something that is popular to a certain segment of the world. The crime that is the major plot point at this point in the book is tragic and I did really enjoy the court scenes. I am starting to really relate to Laura and her loyalty to Beth at this point in the book although this is bound to end as at the beginning of the book all she is concerned with is hiding from her. I will def be finishing the book.

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) I also powered through and looking forward to the live show discussion on May 25th - we will have so much to talk about.

message 30: by Therese (new)

Therese (avablue14) | 36 comments I need some motivation to power through this... with Summer on the way my mind is jonesing for fun in the sun. Help

message 31: by Sandi (new)

Sandi Sullivan | 21 comments Therese I can’t offer motivation because I DNFed the book. I read a total of 156 pages and everyone was more painful than the last. If a book is good you shouldn’t have to power through it. There are too many good books out there. Some people really enjoyed it and that’s great but don’t feel bad if you decide not to read it. This just wasn’t the book for us and that’s all. I’m looking forward to the live show to hear peoples thoughts on the 25 th at 8:00. Hope to see you there. Happy reading.

message 32: by Heather (new)

Heather (lynn6) | 11 comments I just started this book, and it’s dragging so far. I’ve only read 30 pages! I decided to check the group, and it sounds like most of you didn’t enjoy it. Now I’m wondering if I should continue reading...

message 33: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Courts | 8 comments Just finished the book last night . I ended up giving it 3 stars. It was so slow in the first 2/3 's of the book that even though it picks up it still never got very thrilling . There are a few twists and there is one I never saw coming but by then I was not as invested as I usually am in the characters. This could have been a really good book but honestly nothing happens for most of the book .

message 34: by Trish (new)

Trish (jpolking) | 135 comments Hello everyone
I am just starting the book and I am finding it slow but I will push through so we can discuss on Friday !! Some of the worst books have the best group discussions (I am staying positive lol).
I hope you will all join the liveshow ...it will be fun (Lisa and Jen are so amazing) that even if the book was a miss for most of the group, they will make Friday a blast !!!!! See you all then xo

message 35: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 5 comments I finished this book a few days ago. It was not my favourite at all but I am looking forward to the live show!

message 36: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Kutsch | 2 comments Couldn't get into this book and had to stop it. Looking forward to next month's book!

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) Jessie wrote: "I finished this book a few days ago. It was not my favourite at all but I am looking forward to the live show!"

Jessie, I'm super excited about you joining the live show! I can't wait to finally tell all you my thoughts and hear all of yours too!

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) Heather wrote: "I just started this book, and it’s dragging so far. I’ve only read 30 pages! I decided to check the group, and it sounds like most of you didn’t enjoy it. Now I’m wondering if I should continue rea..."

Heather - did you power through or DNF? xoxo

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) Ashley wrote: "Couldn't get into this book and had to stop it. Looking forward to next month's book!"

hahaha! Ashley I completely understand it's not an easy book to pick up and enjoy from the 1st page. I hope you are off to a more enjoyable read. xoxo

message 40: by Berna (new)

Berna I finished the book a few hours ago. I liked the book and gave it 3,5 stars rounding up to 4.
Sure, it was not the best thriller I have read. It had a slow start but it got better with each chapter especially in the last third of the book.
The twist was really something unexpected but considering the structure of the book, it was possible.
I did not feel much for the characters, though.
As for the live show, I am in Turkey and it is about 3 am in the morning when it starts :) I do not think I will be able to join it.
I will definitely watch it later :)

message 41: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (theracheldays) | 20 comments Got through it in the end. I have never read a book so slowly, even my husband said I can't be enjoying it as I was still reading it three weeks late. I will say I enjoyed the last 100-150 pages.

If I can stay up I am looking forward to the live show :)

message 42: by Heather (new)

Heather (lynn6) | 11 comments Lisa, I decided to DNF because no one seemed to being enjoying it. Do you think it’s worth finishing?? I’ll watch the live show either way. :)

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) Heather wrote: "Lisa, I decided to DNF because no one seemed to being enjoying it. Do you think it’s worth finishing?? I’ll watch the live show either way. :)"

Heather, I think you made the correct choice. LOL! PS. you'll be so happy to know that I finally started and finished Illuminae and I LOVED IT! OMG the audio book is the BOMB! I'm starting the second book ASAP! Looking forward to talking to you tomorrow night.

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) Rachel wrote: "Got through it in the end. I have never read a book so slowly, even my husband said I can't be enjoying it as I was still reading it three weeks late. I will say I enjoyed the last 100-150 pages.
..."

hahaha Rachel it was a tough read! I hope to see you tomorrow at the live show but I totally understand if you can't keep your eyes open. xxx

Lisa-Books Smiles (lisabookssmiles) Berna wrote: "I finished the book a few hours ago. I liked the book and gave it 3,5 stars rounding up to 4.
Sure, it was not the best thriller I have read. It had a slow start but it got better with each chapte..."

Berna, I love that we all get to buddy read with you all the way from Turkey! I'm sorry the time doesn't work for you because I miss you in the live show. Big Hugs!

message 46: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Jordan (bkjordan) | 8 comments Just finished the book. I have mixed feelings. I started out with the audiobook, then I switched to a library book about halfway through.
I agree that the characters were hard to warm up to, but I loved that I didn't see the twist coming. I can't put my finger on why, but Laura annoyed me. The second half of the book was better than the first half, and I am giving it 3 stars.

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Catherine  Pinkett | 3 comments Hi I reviewed an early copy of this book. I didn't think it was very special and very over hyped in my opinion. I couldn't warn to the characters

LittleRedRidingHood | 2 comments I won't be able to finish the book on time. Didn't expect it to be so slow moving. So I will tune in later on when I'm done with it.

message 49: by Addie Dehart (new)

Addie Dehart | 27 comments I DNFed it at 200 pages and then felt guilty and picked it back up. I ended up pushing through and finishing it. The last 100 pages were better than the first 300 but I don't think the pay-off was worth the 250 -300 pages of drudgery. I take back my 2 star rating of Secret Mother. That one definitely deserves more than 2 stars if I'm going to rate this one 2 stars. Anyways turns out I am going to make it to the live show, we're leaving for vacation a little later than we had previously planned.

message 50: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (onthefritz) (_onthefritz) | 5 comments Am I the only one who liked this book??!! Lol Read for tonight, I read this whole thing today!

« previous 1