Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking 101,000 Word SF Novel Beta Readers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Reynolds | 32 comments I am seeking beta reader comments about an unpublished science-fiction novel titled "Under a Cat's Eye."
Ideally I would prefer detailed comments about the:
Characters: Do they seem real? Are they likable or dislikable?
Plot: Does it flow logically and seamlessly from one scene to the next?
Pace: Does it keep your interest?
General: What do you think of it?
Please email davereyn83@hotmail.com if interested.
Note: I'm willing to provide the same service for a similar length book or books.
About me: I am a former newspaper reporter, editor and managing editor with one published novel--a romance--to my credit. I currently work as a Certified Technical Writer.

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1167 comments Hit us with a blurb?

message 3: by David (new)

David Reynolds | 32 comments Here's a short blurb.
Under a Cat’s Eye follows the adventures of an underemployed young man whose developing mental skills bring him unwanted attention in the form of competing aliens.
Ron Phillips’ growing ability to see what is about to happen causes turmoil in his work and personal lives leading to attacks by a co-worker’s jealous ex-husband. The attacks in turn cause two aliens using the names of ancient Egyptian gods to seek him out for competing purposes, including world domination.

message 4: by David (new)

David P. (davecantrell) | 9 comments I can do a beta read if you're interested. I've beta read dozens of sci-fi and fantasy books. Please let me know if you have specific goals for me. I'll share my comments on the first two chapters (or 25 pages whichever is longer) so you can decide if you want me to continue. If I don't choose to continue I'll tell you why.

message 5: by David (new)

David Reynolds | 32 comments Thank-you, sir. I will take you up on your offer.