2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Murder on Mulberry Bend (Gaslight Mystery, #5)
This topic is about Murder on Mulberry Bend
Archives - Group Reads > Murder on Mulberry Bend by Victoria Thompson (Gaslight Mystery #5) - May 2018

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Apr 29, 2018 09:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11381 comments Mod
Sarah Brandt, a midwife in turn-of-the-century New York City, has seen more than her share of joy and sorrow, birth and death. Now she will see for the first time how the squalor of the streets can breed madness and murder…

The Prodigal Son Mission on Mulberry Bend stands as a refuge for girls who otherwise would have to live by selling the only thing they have of value—themselves. The work being done there so impresses Sarah that she volunteers to help out however she can—with clothes, with medical assistance, with the organization of a benefit dinner. And when one of the girls is found dead and refused burial because of her former life, Sarah’s passion for justice is aroused.

Reluctantly, Sergeant Frank Malloy agrees to look into the death, if only to keep Sarah from endangering herself by pursuing the matter. But Sarah cannot be kept out of the investigation—and just as Malloy feared, her attempts to find the cause of the unfortunate girl’s death in the circumstances of her life put her in deadly danger—from an unexpected source…

Book Discussion

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 614 comments I'm going to order this from the library right away! It took forever to get the previous book in the series from the state library system.

Phrynne | 308 comments Finished. Once you start this one you can't stop. Some very special moments:)

It’s up next for me.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Phrynne wrote: "Finished. Once you start this one you can't stop. Some very special moments:)"

That was fast. It's only the fourth of the month. lol

Phrynne | 308 comments Veronica wrote: "Phrynne wrote: "Finished. Once you start this one you can't stop. Some very special moments:)"

That was fast. It's only the fourth of the month. lol"

Lol!!! I have to start somewhere:)

Starting now.

Robin (robinmy) | 2583 comments I'm hoping to start this one at the end of the week.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 614 comments My copy waiting at the library. Should get to it this week, I hope.

I’m finishing up now. Questions will post later today.

Discussion questions are now posted! (See link in #1 above.)