Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2018 > Jacque's 2018 Fun and Funky List

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacque (new)

Jacque (bookgirltoo) | 104 comments Hello fellow book lovers,

I've been reading since the first of the year, but haven't gotten around to posting my list. So this first post will be a big one. I will be noting which category my books fall into for the Popsugar Challenge as well as my star rating. I've read some really great books so far.

Enjoy everyone!

message 2: by Jacque (last edited Apr 29, 2018 09:40AM) (new)

Jacque (bookgirltoo) | 104 comments My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman 1. My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrick Backman
5/5 stars
Have some tissues ready as you follow this young girl on a quest that helps her learn more about how much her grandmother loved her.
I LOVED the book A Man Called Ove by this author and I can't decide which book I liked better. The way the author weaves his story together in bits and pieces that draw you in emotionally is just wonderful.

The Truth of All Things (Archie Lean #1) by Kieran Shields 2. The Truth of All Things (Archie Lean #1) by Kieran Shields
3/5 stars
Popsugar challenge: A book you meant to read in 2017 but didn't get to

Beartown (Beartown #1) by Fredrik Backman 3. Beartown by Fredrik Backman
5/5 stars
Popsugar challenge: a book about or involving a sport
This story about a town that pins its hopes and dreams on their children's hockey league had me thinking back on it for days.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt 4. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
3/5 stars
Popsugar challenge: Novel based on a real person

A Study in Revenge (Archie Lean #2) by Kieran Shields 5. A Study in Revenge (Archie Lean #2) by Kieran Shields
3/5 stars
Popsugar challenge: The next book in a series you've started

Wool (Wool, #1) by Hugh Howey 6. Wool (Wool #1) by Hugh Howey
3/5 stars

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson 7. The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonassan
4/5 stars
Popsugar challenge: A book that you borrowed or that was given to you as a gift
This book alternates between the present and the past of the hundred-year-old man. His past is very Forrest Gumpish but it was what happened after he climbed out of the window that I enjoyed the most.

Artemis by Andy Weir 8. Artemis by Andy Weir
3/5
Popsugar challenge: A book set on a different planet. (It is set on the moon and although the moon is not a "planet" I feel that it qualifies for this challenge)

The Glass Forest by Cynthia Swanson 9. The Glass Forest by Cynthia Swanson
4/5
An interesting mystery/thriller

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch 10. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
5/5 stars
Popsugar challenge: A book about time travel
Probably one of THE BEST books about time travel I've read

Flat Broke with Two Goats A Memoir of Appalachia by Jennifer McGaha 11. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir of Appalachia by Jennifer McGaha
2/5 stars
Popsugar challenge: A book that's published in 2018

Oliver Loving by Stefan Merrill Block 12. Oliver Loving by Stefan Merrill Block
3/5 stars

message 3: by Tiffany, Administrator (new)

Tiffany | 1893 comments Mod
Jacque wrote: "Hello fellow book lovers,

I've been reading since the first of the year, but haven't gotten around to posting my list. So this first post will be a big one. I will be noting which category my books fall into for the Popsugar Challenge as well as my star rating. I've read some really great books so far.

Enjoy everyone!"

I always tell myself that "next year" I'm going to read books based on the Popsugar Challenge, but I never do for some reason.

I'm looking forward to seeing the books/categories you choose this year!

message 4: by Jacque (last edited Aug 24, 2018 01:16PM) (new)

Jacque (bookgirltoo) | 104 comments I'm finally back with some reliable wifi to make my posts. I've got to pick up the reading if I'm going to make my goal. Also I haven't been very good at picking books that cover categories in the Popsugar Challenge - oh well. So here are my latest additions.

The Book of Lost Things (Mister Max #1) by Cynthia Voigt 13. The Book of Lost Things (Mister Max, book 1) by Cynthia Voight.
3/5 stars

Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts 14. Year One (Chronicles of the One #1) by Nora Roberts.
4/5 stars

The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman 15. The Magicians by Lev Grossman
4/5 Stars

Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman 16. Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Bachman
4/5 Stars

The Magician King (The Magicians, #2) by Lev Grossman 17. The Magician King by Lev Grossman
4/5 Stars

Origin (Robert Langdon, #5) by Dan Brown 18. Origin by Dan Brown
4/5 Stars

Just One Look by Harlan Coben 19. Just One Look by Harlan Coban
3/5 Stars

The Sea of Trolls (Sea of Trolls, #1) by Nancy Farmer 20. The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer
3/5 stars

The Magician's Land (The Magicians, #3) by Lev Grossman 21. The Magician's Land by Lev Grossman
4/5 Stars
Popsugar challenge : A book involving a heist

The Deal of a Lifetime by Fredrik Backman 22. The Deal of a Lifetime by Fredrik Bachman
4/5 stars