J.D. Robb discussion

Archive -2017/18 Series GR > Undone by Karin Slaughter (Will Trent #3) - May 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited May 01, 2018 03:18AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13748 comments Mod
In the trauma center of Atlanta’s busiest hospital, Sara Linton treats the city’s poor, wounded, and unlucky—and finds refuge from the tragedy that rocked her life in rural Grant County. Then, in one instant, Sara is thrust into a frantic police investigation, coming face-to-face with a tall driven detective and his quiet female partner…. In Undone, three unforgettable characters from Karin Slaughter’s New York Times bestselling novels Faithless and Fractured collide for the first time, entering an electrifying race against the clock—and a duel with unspeakable human evil.

In the backwoods of suburban Atlanta, where Sara’s patient was found, local police have set up their investigation. But Georgia Bureau of Investigation detective Will Trent doesn’t wait for the go-ahead from his boss—he plunges through police lines, through the brooding woods, and single-handedly exposes a hidden house of horror buried beneath the earth. Then he finds another victim.…

Wresting the case away from the local police chief, Will and his partner, Faith Mitchell—a woman keeping explosive secrets of her own—are called into a related investigation. Another woman—a smart, upscale, independent young mother—has been snatched. For the two cops out on the hunt, for the doctor trying to bring her patient back to life, the truth hits like a hammer: the killer’s torture chamber has been found, but the killer is still at work.

In her latest suspense masterpiece, Karin Slaughter weaves together the moving, powerful human stories of characters as real as they are complex and unforgettable. At the same time she has crafted a work of dazzling storytelling and spine-tingling mystery—as three people, each with their own wounds and their own secrets, are all that stands between a madman and his next crime.

Character List
(view spoiler)

This will become a spoiler zone on May 8.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments I'm in. Can"t wait to discuss.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 600 comments Me either...

message 4: by Patty (new)

Patty | 524 comments I'm ready!

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Are you ready to begin this story?

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments Jonetta wrote: "Are you ready to begin this story?"

Yes

message 7: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 349 comments Starting my reread!

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

This is now a spoiler zone! Feel free to discuss the book openly.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

I found this in a Q&A with Karin Slaughter about this book that I thought you might find interesting.

In Undone, you explore the many ways that women are victimized–emotionally, physically, and psychologically–and you’ve commented that women can be much harder on themselves (and other women) than men. Discuss how you explore this through your characters, especially Faith Mitchell and Sara Linton.

Slaughter:
Faith Mitchell is good example of what happens when a young girl who is ostracized grows into a woman. She had a very bad relationship at the age of fourteen, and her response to this over the last twenty years has been to push people away. She is very tightly wound and has no life outside of work. The great thing about having Will in her life now is he makes her see the world differently. He stops that internal monologue in her head that always assumes the worst in people, in situations. I think people erroneously conflate being pro-woman with being anti-man, but I try to show the opposite in my book. Sara, for instance, was bound to her husband, Jeffrey, in every way. The title of the book comes from a passage about how she feels without him. She realizes that he was the center of gravity in her life, and that without him, she has become undone. Not that I am holding up male/female relationships as the pinnacle of good living, because I also want to show that friendships between women can be enriching and empowering. If you look at books and films that have touched the female community, they’re all about positive friendships between women. This is why Faith and Sara are developing a connection in Undone that will continue through the series. They’re both creatures of family, but Sara has lost hers to distance and Faith has never quite felt she was good enough for her family. So, they find that connection through each other.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Here’s another from the same interview.

Undone is an exciting new beginning for you and readers–it’s the first novel which brings together characters from both of your critically acclaimed series (Sara Linton from Grant County and Will Trent from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation). What was the genesis for this idea, and what were the challenges (and rewards) as a writer you experienced?

Slaughter:
I realized while I was writing the fourth Grant County book that something big needed to happen to shake things up. I didn’t want to be sixty years old and still writing about awful things happening in this one small town. At the very least, real estate prices would be in the toilet. At the same time, I had a new story that had been working its way through my mind. I wanted to write about Atlanta, the city where I live, and I wanted to write about a character who is dyslexic. From those rumblings came a long-term plan to shake Grant County to its core, then move Sara, and eventually Lena, into Will Trent’s world. As a writer, I found the idea terrifying, which is what made me even more determined to do it. I want to keep telling fresh and exciting stories. I want to keep shocking my readers. So, this was at once the hardest and the easiest decision of my professional life. I think in the end it paid off, though, because I love how the relationships are working in Undone, and I am so excited about telling more stories about these people.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 12 comments First of all, Will Trent is second only to Roarke as The. Single. Greatest.Freaking.Male.Lead in any book, Ever, (With the third being Pierce Quincy from Lisa Gardner's Quincy and Rainie series.) I am very glad that this is the way Slaughter decided to go with the series. The character of Sara is way more likeable here, in a completely believable and understandable way. I love the interaction between Sara and Will. I love the interaction between Faith and Will. I love any interaction with Will. Slaughter makes wonderful, multidimensional characters, especially women. The good girls are bad, the bad girls are good, the victims aren't perfect. its just awesome. Her storylines can be very intense, pushing to the edges of human nature. and this one is no different.

message 12: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 349 comments Stephanie wrote: "First of all, Will Trent is second only to Roarke as The. Single. Greatest.Freaking.Male.Lead in any book, Ever, (With the third being Pierce Quincy from Lisa Gardner's Quincy and Rainie series.) I..."
You are so right about Sara being more likable! In the GC series she often seemed so...aloof(?). Even though so many readers were unhappy with the demise of Jeffrey (me!), KS obviously knew she needed that event to shake Sara to her very foundation and, in turn, alter the way Sara sees the world. I really like that, between Sara and Will, where one is vulnerable, the other is strong.
Any, yes, Will is quite the leading man!

message 13: by Belles (new)

Belles | 156 comments Another fabulous book by Slaughter. I love that Slaughter continues to surround Will with distinctly different women. Amanda is a b****. Angie is so much more than a b****. I was hoping she'd be out of the picture for good since at the beginning of the book they've been separated for several months, but knew it wouldn't be that easy. Faith is a great partner for Will. I like that they've grown to respect and trust each other, even if they both still hold some secrets that will explode open anyway. It's good to see Sara again! She fits right in with the story and the rest of the characters. I'm ecstatic that Will is attracted to her! It means that Angie is going to get the boot sometime. Will is such a great guy but I don't think he's ever going to believe he deserves someone better than Angie. It's good that his attraction to Sara (and hers to him) will eventually overcome that, though I'm sure it'll be dragged out for several books. And let's not forget Betty, Will's itty, bitty dog with the pink collar and leash. He's got quite the bevy of women around him.

I was wondering who wrote the letter to Sara that she carried around with her for years. I have a terrible memory and I couldn't recall that we were told that a woman planted the pipe bomb that killed Jeffrey. I wasn't even thinking of Lena. I guess we don't get to leave her behind in Sara's past. I suppose she's too juicy of a character to leave out altogether, though frankly I'm a bit tired of reading about her downward spiral of continual bad choices. I'm dying to know what she wrote to Sara. Whatever it is I'm sure it's not helpful to Sara in the least.

It's interesting that Slaughter chose to explore anorexia as a theme. The anorexic women were thin but mean and lonely, and you could tell they were always going to stay that way. I absolutely love that she contrasted all of that with Faith's weight gain making her sexy as hell to men. Sam even wanted to rekindle their relationship after finding out about her pregnancy.

I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

Belles wrote: "Another fabulous book by Slaughter. I love that Slaughter continues to surround Will with distinctly different women. Amanda is a b****. Angie is so much more than a b****. I was hoping she'd be ou..."

You remind me of just how much was going on in this story.

I loved how Will & Faith’s partnership and relationship developed in this story. It’s almost as if their partnering happened at get best time for both of them. They have some bumps ahead but the foundation created here felt good.

I’m not sure what to make of the contrasts between Will & Betty. On some level, it illustrates how Will doesn’t have any superficial issues regarding his manhood. All of his emotional wreckage centers around his self worth. It’s an important distinction and one that will be important if his relationship with Sarah deepens.

Wouldn’t be an authentic story if we had a Sarah without Lena. These two have unfinished business and I want to witness it play out.

message 15: by Belles (new)

Belles | 156 comments Jonetta wrote: "Wouldn’t be an authentic story if we had a Sarah without Lena. These two have unfinished business and I want to witness it play out. "

Boy, do they ever have unfinished business! I'm sure some of that will start to play out in the next book.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 600 comments I'm about a third of the way through. Even though I was shocked at what happened to Jeffrey who despite his faults I really liked as a character what an inspired plot move by KS. I can't wait to see what she does with Sara and Will together. And really liking the dynamic between Faith and Will and now Sara as well. As for Lena, well if she has any redeeming characteristics I'm hard pressed to find them. If she had anything to do with Jeffrey's death I think I'm going to explode.

Again the crime and torture is particularly horrible but I am steeling myself to read the details and get back to the relationship threads of the story.

Cindy (BKind2Books) (bkind2books) | 158 comments This is my first read of this series. However I was a little taken aback by some of the comments that I read (on the book page, after I finished) that characterized the scene with Will and Angie as rape. I guess in one sense it could be seen that way - but I truly did not read it like that the first time. So did you think that the sex between Will and Angie was consensual or not?

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

Cindy, it’s been some time since I read this book but I have no recollection of Will and Angie even coming close to a rape scene.

message 19: by Belles (new)

Belles | 156 comments Cindy, I didn't see that scene as rape at all.

message 20: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments Cindy wrote: "This is my first read of this series. However I was a little taken aback by some of the comments that I read (on the book page, after I finished) that characterized the scene with Will and Angie as..."

This is my first read of the series too. I haven't had a lot of time online to contribute yet. I don't read reviews until I finish a book. I do look at the ratio of 5 stars to 3 or less stars before I purchase a book. After I finish a book, I write my review and then see what others have to say.
I was totally taken aback by the number of comments calling the Will/Angie sex scene as rape. I don't see it as rape either. Angie initiated the sex. In a previous book, If I remember correctly, Will mentioned that their sex was often violent (not the actual adjective used). My take is Angie doesn't like Will's gentle, kind side and pokes his buttons to get him angry.

I thought I was going to like Angie after the first two books. Now I think she gets some weird pleasure by hurting Will as only someone who knows all one's secrets can. I hope he kicks her to the curb soon. My concern, though, is that KS likes to see her main characters suffer and Will is going to be the one she tears down and hurts in this series.

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

The author created questions for discussion. I’ll post a few that I think may be suitable for our group. Here’s the first.

Faith refuses to accept or discuss her diagnosis as a diabetic and also seems in denial about her pregnancy. Will continues to struggle with his dyslexia and crippling embarrassment of his disability. Why do you think Faith and Will are unable to confide their problems in one another, despite the fact that they both greatly trust and respect one another as partners?

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 600 comments I've just read the scene that Cindy is talking about. Fairly intense, brutal even but not rape when taking the scene in context with the twisted and complicated relationship between Will and Angie. There definitely was consent on both sides. The writing of the character interaction and complexity in this series is just so skilled. There are so many sides to each character and then the added dimension of the work they are doing despite the horrible details of the crimes this series is a joy to read.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 600 comments Faith refuses to accept or discuss her diagnosis as a diabetic and also seems in denial about her pregnancy. Will continues to struggle with his dyslexia and crippling embarrassment of his disability. Why do you think Faith and Will are unable to confide their problems in one another, despite the fact that they both greatly trust and respect one another as partners?

These are such deep issues for them both which have been buried for years. The fact that there is such respect and friendship between them in a way is probably why they don't get into it with each other. Opening up especially with someone they trust would bring a lot of very painful things to the surface. I'm sure they will get there though as the series progresses and it will be finally be a cathartic experience for them both.

Cindy (BKind2Books) (bkind2books) | 158 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "I've just read the scene that Cindy is talking about. Fairly intense, brutal even but not rape when taking the scene in context with the twisted and complicated relationship between Will and Angie...."

That’s how I saw it - brutal, but reflecting the intense, complex, extreme nature of their relationship. I just did not read it as rape. They are both so damaged by what we’ve seen (and I feel like there’s worse revelations to come) of their shared past that a “normal” marriage and sexual relationship seems almost unattainable.

message 25: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited May 14, 2018 06:18PM) (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 600 comments Exactly. I can't wait to read how it's all going to play out. How is Will going to be able to "free" himself from Angie and be able to begin a relationship with Sara?

I do have some feelings for Angie though and what she has been through, she seems to be a more dimensional character than Lena who I just couldn't feel anything but contempt.

message 26: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 349 comments I remember reading the rape comments after my first read and thought maybe I had missed something. But upon my reread, I think it's aggressive, violent, consensual sex. Not rape.

Great idea to post the discussion questions, Jonetta!

I think both Faith and Will have fought hard to be where they are today, and an admission of a "fault" is to expose a weakness. Knowing someone's weakness gives the other ammunition to take advantage of that weakness - something both of them have spent years developing coping skills to hide/overcome. Because they are used to dealing with their struggles on their own, I think it's going to take time for them to confide in each other with their personal issues even though they have each others back professionally.

message 27: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited May 14, 2018 11:55PM) (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 600 comments Finished this afternoon. What a great read.

I loved that in different parts of the book both Will and Sara are so aware of each other but comparing themselves to their previous and present partners don't think they'd be each other's type... when they are exactly what each other needs to heal. I so hope KS keeps exploring this and doesn't leave this as "the one that got away" type idea.

message 28: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments It isn't clear to me that Faith and Sara are friends. For example, Faith is angry that Sara is trying to worm her way into their investigation. Her back is up because Amanda likes Sara. Faith doesn't consider Sara a real doctor. She wants to know about Jeffrey.

I believe part of Faith's problem is that she doesn't like the fact that Sara knows her secret but, for me, it doesn't explain Faith's anger with Sara. I hate that she searched the internet for Sara and Jeffrey even after Will told her it isn't their business. At least Faith did apologize to Sara when she threw Jeffrey in her face.

message 29: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments Faith refuses to accept or discuss her diagnosis as a diabetic and also seems in denial about her pregnancy. Will continues to struggle with his dyslexia and crippling embarrassment of his disability. Why do you think Faith and Will are unable to confide their problems in one another, despite the fact that they both greatly trust and respect one another as partners?

I understand Faith's feelings about her diagnosis. Her career is her life. She not only finds out she is pregnant but that she has a permanent condition that could impact her future. It is going through her head that diabetes could get her assigned to desk duty or worse, laid off. She can't share this with anyone until she figures out the implications for her future.

Regarding her pregnancy, her past is the reason for her fear. As a teen mom, she was excluded from all the extracurricular activities of high school. She disappointed her father and lost friends. In her mind, she didn't learn anything from her past.

message 30: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments What I found interesting about the women in this book is that their nasty side is the focus for the most part except for Sara.

All the victims are mean women. Even though, as a reader, I want to feel sorry for them, they make it difficult. They are the worst type of supervisor or co-worker. They are mostly nasty to their family, neighbors, etc. The only time they are pleasant is when dealing with their child.

Faith admires Will's investigative skills, but she doesn't let an opportunity to belittle him pass her by. I see some similarities between Faith and Angie in their comments. I get the feeling that Faith is going to be a favorite character as she grows and develops even though I don't like her too much yet.

Lola isn't upfront with Will from the beginning about the baby. She is more interested in herself than the baby she says she wants to protect.

Angie is a sad case. Sometimes I feel sorry for her past, but I hate the way she hurts Will by making him feel insecure. It is awful that she didn't contact Will sooner to let him know about the baby. My impression is that Lola shared with her the whole situation.

Amanda is a hard one to figure out. It feels like she cares about Will deep down. However, she doesn't miss any opportunity to showcase Will's disability negatively. The driver license scene. The fact that she gives him the crappiest of offices.

Sara, we see her struggle to find a place in a world without Jeffrey. She overworks to the point of exhaustion to keep her mind floating back to Jeffrey. Her pain from her memories is well-done and realistic. She still doesn't feel closure, although I'm not sure any survivor does when someone dies violently. She reaches out to everyone, co-workers, Faith, and Will to find purpose. Even though she is hurting, she feels stronger to me than she did in the Grant County series.

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 12 comments I agree with Sharon that all of the female characters are complex except for Sara, but I will say again that I like Sara better now. I love KS for her female characters. Angie (as a character) has been dealt a crappy hand, because in the first two books she was multidimensional and in some ways sympathetic, but now she is a plot device. I’m ambivalent about the “rape” scene. In the first two books it was explained that Angie had trouble respecting guys that respected her, which is a common theme in abused women, so I get how she responded to that and why Will hated himself for it, but her reaction afterwards seems wrong somehow. It seems like should be angry but I’ve never been there so I don’t know

As to Faith and Sara, I see a grudging friendship. Faith is a woman in a mans world and they are often harder on each other than any men are on them. (Read cop town for more on this dynamic). The fact that we are discussing this is a testament to good writing.

message 32: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 349 comments Off topic, but is there someone you picture as Will? I kind of see him as British actor James Norton (although Norton is a couple inches shy of Will's 6' 3"). It'll be interesting to see who they cast for the tv adaptation.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 600 comments I was thinking more along the lines of Edward Norton as Will. He's got the acting skill to really get into the character. And Anne Hathaway as Angie. I'm drawing a blank for Sara though.

message 34: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments Stephanie wrote: "I agree with Sharon that all of the female characters are complex except for Sara, but I will say again that I like Sara better now. I love KS for her female characters. Angie (as a character) has ..."

I like Sara better so far too.

Cindy (BKind2Books) (bkind2books) | 158 comments Jo Ann wrote: "Off topic, but is there someone you picture as Will? I kind of see him as British actor James Norton (although Norton is a couple inches shy of Will's 6' 3"). It'll be interesting to see who they c..."

I kind of pictured Will as Paul Bettany. I’m not sure who I’d pick for Angie but I see Sara as Liv Tyler (intelligent and pretty but approachable). I see Faith as Kat Demings (sort of curvy and wise-cracking).

message 36: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 735 comments Interesting discussion -- is there going to be a TV series on Will Trent?

message 37: by Jonetta (new)

I believe it was optioned back in 2015 but nothing in development since.

message 38: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 349 comments Cindy wrote: "Jo Ann wrote: "Off topic, but is there someone you picture as Will? I kind of see him as British actor James Norton (although Norton is a couple inches shy of Will's 6' 3"). It'll be interesting to..."

Paul Bettany is a good choice, too!

message 39: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments Am I the only disappointed that we didn't get to read Lena's letter? I wanted so badly to hear her excuses.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 600 comments I'm sure it will be revisited in further books. I think this was just a teaser as I'm sure it's a given that all us readers are dying to find out what is in that letter. Lena is actually in the next book.

message 41: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "I'm sure it will be revisited in further books. I think this was just a teaser as I'm sure it's a given that all us readers are dying to find out what is in that letter. Lena is actually in the nex..."

I hope so. I waited through the whole book to see what crazy Lena had to say.

message 42: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments Will Trent is a fascinating and unique character. He is one of the few characters I've read lately that makes me wish I were still in school with an assignment to do a character study.

He is obviously super intelligent, but he can't see it. His disability rules him. He surrounds himself with women who put him down, and he takes it, especially from Angie. I believe he stays with Angie because she reinforces his negative feelings about himself, especially the ones that scream isn't worthy or "normal." He can't believe anything positive or accept compliments or listen to encouragement.

I'm conflicted about Amanda right now. I'm starting to think that she knows Will's insecurities and uses it to make him a better investigator. I need to read more about this woman.

Sara could be a positive force in his life, but Will doesn't believe he is good enough for her. My guess is he will push her away except when she gets pulled into an investigation. Sara is going to have a challenge. Sara only sees Angie's physical beauty and feels that she can't turn Will's head. I feel like Sara could help build Will's self-esteem, but I wonder if he will let her in enough to do that.

I may do a character study for me instead of a grade. Years ago I did a paper on Eve and Roarke, I think digging into Will could be equally rewarding.

I still miss Jeffrey but Will has the foundation to be a more complex character. Can't wait to read the next book.

message 43: by Lauren (last edited May 30, 2018 11:08AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 993 comments I finished today and am still organizing my thoughts.
Overall, it is a fantastic book and I enjoyed the mystery and the character development a great deal.

Will is a fantastic hero. His flaws make him very appealing because he struggles with them. He knows that his physical size is intimidating and that he can hurt people, so he makes every attempt to avoid using force. The episode with the doorman shows that despite this knowledge, he gave into his feelings of rage. I love that he didn't try to make excuses for his actions, but accepted that he must strive to do better and be the man he wants to be.

His relationship with little Betty is so sweet and epitomizes the man that he is at heart - a gentle giant!

Up until this book, I had a certain amount of respect for Angie. That is now gone! Her manipulation of Will and her callous disregard for the baby are unforgivable. If I could change one thing about Will it would be his inability to throw her out once and for all. She is a destructive and poisonous force in his life.

Regarding the sex scene. I didn't see it as rape at all. Angie deliberately pushed all of Will's buttons because she knew he was pulling away. This was her way of reeling him back in and, if anything, she was the aggressor.

Sara and Will's interactions were wonderful. It was good to get an update on how Sara fared after Jeffrey's death, and Slaughter described it so well - she became "undone". I am eager for her to come to terms with the fact that she should move on and look forward to her and Will seeing that they are perfect for one another.

There were moments in the book that Faith made me angry, but then I realized that he pregnancy and diabetes were responsible for much of her irritability. I'm glad that she realized this and took the necessary steps.

The case was excellent as well. It took me a while to figure it out and managed it just prior to the big reveal. It was all the more interesting because the victims were so unlikable. Nevertheless, despite their attitudes, there was something about each one that still managed to grab me and make me care about them.

message 44: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 349 comments Lauren wrote: "I finished today and am still organizing my thoughts.
Overall, it is a fantastic book and I enjoyed the mystery and the character development a great deal.

Will is a fantastic hero. His flaws ma..."

Enjoyed reading your comments.
Betty can be quite the scene stealer! Gentle giant....I like that description of Will.

message 45: by Jonetta (new)

Lauren wrote: "I finished today and am still organizing my thoughts.

Great feedback, Lauren.

There’s so much that worked in this story.

message 46: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann (jojog) | 349 comments FYI Will Trent book #8 is on sale at Amazon for 2.99
The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8) by Karin Slaughter

message 47: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments Lauren wrote: "I finished today and am still organizing my thoughts.

Great observations. I'm still not sure about Faith. She admires Will's work, grateful that he is a mentor of sorts, but she does talk down to him a little too often. I'm waiting to see how much is dealing with the pregnancy, diabetes, and fear of disappointing her family.

message 48: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2555 comments Jo Ann wrote: "FYI Will Trent book #8 is on sale at Amazon for 2.99
The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8) by Karin Slaughter"

Thanks for letting us know.

message 49: by Jonetta (new)

Thanks Jo Ann! I'll post that on the main page and in the book sales thread.

message 50: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 429 comments Lauren wrote: "I finished today and am still organizing my thoughts.

Really enjoyed your comments. This series is one of my all time favorites

« previous 1