Challenge Corner discussion

Books For Review > The Past is Rising by Kathryn Bywaters -> Starting May 10, 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by C.P. (last edited Apr 29, 2018 06:07AM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Kathryn Bywaters is offering copies of her novel The Past Is Rising in exchange for an honest review. If you would like to receive a copy in exchange for review, please signup below. We have five physical copies available and will do a drawing, so please indicate if you are interested in one of these. Otherwise, we have pdf copies to offer.

Formats: pdf, five physical
First Chapter: https://www.kathrynbywaters.com/book/
Time frame: Having books read within 6-8 weeks is ideal, but Kathryn would like reviews posted by the six month mark. Please post reviews to Amazon as well as goodreads, if possible.

The Blurb
The Past Is Rising is a compelling fantasy epic that revolves around the uprising of dark forces bent on wresting a kingdom from its rightful rulers. Several warriors will discover that their true destinies are to salvage their kingdom and defeat the rising evil.

At fourteen, Erik dreams of past glories. He was not alive when the False Kings marched against their nephew and laid siege to the city of Meraview. Now, perched on the outer wall, Erik imagines the two great armies battling on the plains outside the city. His excitement mounts as he spies a horse and rider racing to reach Meraview.

This lone messenger is Eve, cousin to the High King—and she brings troubling news. The False Kings, once again, are gaining power. When Eve leaves to spy on the False Kings, Erik and his friend Hobble follow her. Along the way, they will learn about lost regal bloodlines, battle against ancient magical forces, and make new allies in the fight against evil.

Sinister forces closely watch Erik and his new companions. Are these young people ready to face the return of the False Kings? Or will they simply be anonymous casualties in the coming war?

message 2: by C.P. (last edited May 07, 2018 04:34AM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Please post if you are interested in a physical book. We will do a drawing on May 6th to determine the five winners of these copies. Everyone else will receive a pdf copy. Please message me your email address so the book can be sent to you.

If you would like consideration for the physical copies you must be at least 18 years old or have permission of a parent or legal guardian to provide your address.

The physical copies are being offered internationally.

Entries for Drawing
Ella - have email
Gaia - have address
Susan - need email
Sareli - need address
Kayla - need email
Kate - have email
Amy Leigh - have email
Siobhan - have address
Jamie - have email
Candice - have email
Nicole - have address
Greer - have email
Alaina - have email
Aurorah - have email
Rafa - need email
Misha - have email
Ritika - have address

PDF Copy
Cristina - have email
Maria - need email
Filipa - need email
Tim - have email
Katie - need email
Rachel - need email

message 3: by ella ☆ (new)

ella ☆ any pronouns (bianchibooks) | 7 comments Hello,

I would be interested in entering the drawing for a physical copy of The Past Is Rising by Kathryn Bywaters! My email address is ellacbianchi@gmail.com.

(I don't a problem publically posting this email as it is not my primary email address, just the one I use to receive books for review and such)

message 4: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Thanks, Ella! I will put you on the list. :)

message 5: by ella ☆ (new)

ella ☆ any pronouns (bianchibooks) | 7 comments C.P. wrote: "Thanks, Ella! I will put you on the list. :)"

Thank you! :)

abookaholiclife  | 48 comments If is possible, I’m interested in a physical copy❣️

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 478 comments I am really interested in a physical copy please.

message 8: by Sareli (new)

Sareli (sarelihc) I'm interested in enter in the drawing too please, I will send you my email address. Thank you!!!

message 9: by kayla ♡ (new)

kayla ♡ (kaysmagiclibrary) | 25 comments Hey! I'm interested in the physical copy :) I'll send you my email in a private message! (I'm fine with the PDF too!)

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1 comments I would definitely be interested in entering the drawing! I'll send you my email :) Thanks!

message 11: by Amy Leigh (new)

Amy Leigh (xxamyleighxx) | 241 comments I'm interested in a physical copy 😊
I'll send you my email

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Perfect, thanks everyone!

message 13: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 44 comments I'm interested in either a physical or PDF please

message 14: by Marky (new)

Marky D Mariano (markyotie) | 6 comments I'm interested in getting a pdf copy please.

message 15: by Filipa (new)

Filipa (yolopips) | 1 comments Hi there im interested in getting a pdf copy please

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I am interested in the drawing for a physical copy. And I’ll be sending you my email tonight.

message 17: by Candice (new)

Candice Trim (booksiethebookworm) Hello I would be very interested in reviewing this book and will definitely give my 100% honest opinion. My email address is candybear801@gmail.com. It Would be a great opportunity and I really look forward to reading it!

message 18: by Candice (new)

Candice Trim (booksiethebookworm) Would like to enter for physical copy pretty please

message 19: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9905 comments Is it dual POV?

message 20: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I can ask about perspective. It sounds like it.

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Bell I’d love to enter for a physical copy, thank you so much!

message 22: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Bywaters | 33 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Is it dual POV?"

It is actually written from multiple perspectives. The first few chapters are all from Erik's perspective but after that it rotates through a few other characters.

Thank you all so much for you interest!

message 23: by Greer (new)

Greer (foxingontheedges) | 92 comments I'd love to be in the drawing for a physical copy

message 24: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 63670 comments Mod
I'm down for either or!

message 25: by Aurorah (new)

Aurorah (aurorah99) Hello, I'm interested in a physical copy of The Past is Rising! :)

message 26: by Tim (new)

Tim Mercer | 187 comments I am happy to have PDF please?

message 27: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Great, I will add you all to the list.

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate | 34 comments I would love to!!

message 29: by Kate (new)

Kate | 34 comments PDF is fine. My kitten decided to attack my finger while I was typing and I hit "comment" before I was even done typing. Lol

message 30: by Rafa (new)

Rafa Interested in a physical copy!

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma | 59 comments Interested in a physical copy!

message 32: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Ramshaw (rachelramshaw) Interested in pdf copy!

message 33: by Misha (new)

Misha E. | 2 comments Interested in a physical copy.

message 34: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 736 comments Hello, I'm interested in the physical copy of the book.

message 35: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Drawing Winners
Random.org has spoken and we now have winners of the physical copies of the book. Remember, no matter what format you receive you are agreeing to read and write an honest review for this book. Please read the book and write reviews as soon as possible after receiving. Six months is the deadline asked by the author, but sooner than that would be great.

Our five winners are:
Ritika
Siobhan
Sareli
Gaia
Nicole

Please message me your address by May 8th at 1 PM Eastern Standard Time. If you do not, another winner will be randomly selected.

message 36: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 736 comments OMG, thank you! <3 I'm sending you my address now! :D

message 37: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 63670 comments Mod
C.P. wrote: "Drawing Winners
Random.org has spoken and we now have winners of the physical copies of the book. Remember, no matter what format you receive you are agreeing to read and write an honest review for..."

Congrats everyone!!

message 38: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 44 comments congrats everyone

message 39: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Bywaters | 33 comments Thank you all so much for your interest! I really appreciate it and I will get the physical copies and PDFs out right away.

message 40: by ella ☆ (new)

ella ☆ any pronouns (bianchibooks) | 7 comments Kathryn wrote: "Thank you all so much for your interest! I really appreciate it and I will get the physical copies and PDFs out right away."

Thank you, Kathryn! And congratulations to the winners! :)

abookaholiclife  | 48 comments Thank you very much 😍

message 42: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 736 comments Kathryn wrote: "Thank you all so much for your interest! I really appreciate it and I will get the physical copies and PDFs out right away."

Thank you Kathryn! I'm so happy about this. Hehe.

message 43: by Sareli (new)

Sareli (sarelihc) OMG!!! thank you so much!!! I'm so happy for this!!!!

message 44: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Congrats to the winners!

message 45: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Any idea when we can expect the ebook copies to go out?

message 46: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments I have passed along the info and will try to check with her about that.

message 47: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments PDF copies have been sent and the physical ones will be shipped very soon.

You can use this thread to discuss the read and use it toward buddy read points for the entire six month span allowed by the author for reviews to be in. Please also link to your review if you get a chance when finished.

message 48: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Bywaters | 33 comments Physical copies have gone out today. Again, thank you all so much for your interest!

message 49: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Thanks, Kathy!

message 50: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 44 comments mine arrived this morning thank you

« previous 1