Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > 2018 Malice Domestic Award Winners

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 680 comments Mod
Last night the Malice Domestic Awards were handed out for the best cozies published in 2017. Here are the winners of the top 3 categories,.

Best Contemporary Novel : Glass Houses (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #13) by Louise Penny Glass Houses by Louise Penny

Best Historical Novel : In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen

Beat First Novel : Hollywood Homicide (Detective by Day, #1) by Kellye Garrett Hollywood Homicide by Kellye Garrett

And if you’d like to check out all of the nominees, here’s the link to their official site; http://malicedomestic.org/agathas.html

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz Given that I loved Glass Houses and In Farleigh Field, I think I need to add Hollywood Homicide to my TBW queue. Have you read it?

message 3: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Apr 29, 2018 05:07AM) (new)

I’m a big fan of Louise Penny, very happy that she won & am looking forward to reading Glass Houses down the road. Haven’t read any Bowen yet. She’s the author of 3 different series, including the popular Molly Murphy & Her Royal Spyness books. In Farleigh Field is a standalone historical mystery that I plan to read this summer.
I’m not familiar with Kellye Garrett so another new author to discover.
Let me know your thoughts if you’ve read or plan to read any of the winners!

message 4: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Liz wrote: "Given that I loved Glass Houses and In Farleigh Field, I think I need to add Hollywood Homicide to my TBW queue. Have you read it?"

No I haven’t heard of it until now but but I just checked a friend review (Barbara), she read it last June, really enjoyed it & gave it 5 stars. I’m hoping the library has copies.

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz Good news. Thanks!