Read Scotland 2018 discussion

The Accident on the A35 (Georges Gorski #2)
This topic is about The Accident on the A35
Group Reads > May/June: The Accident on the A35

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen Forkin (ellen_forkin) | 350 comments Mod
Our (second) group read for May/June is The Accident on the A35: A Thriller by Graeme Macrae Burnet

Read it and share your thoughts below. Please use the spoiler HTML or comment at the top of your post where you are in the book so to not give anything away to those not quite there yet.

Enjoy the book by this fantastic author!

message 2: by Ellen (last edited Apr 29, 2018 04:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The May and June poll was a draw. So see the other winning book, The Blackhouse, and join in the discussion here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Ellen (last edited May 27, 2018 06:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Here’s my thoughts on my personal thread about the book....

“The follow up to The Disappearance of Adèle Bedeau did not disappoint! Graeme Macrae Burnet is fast becoming one of my favourite authors with his subtle darkness and psychological stories. Set in a plain, sleepy town in France, this book and its narrative feels very different to His Bloody Project. Apparently, the books’ style takes their nuances from the Maigret books (haven’t read any of those) and they’re wonderfully French in an unassuming way. His characters are rarely likeable, and always troubled, but somehow you feel compelled to read and learn every little detail about them. The book is quite short, but slow moving, and yet he crams in a lot of atmosphere and stories within stories.”

I tried not to give too much away, but if you’ve read it, I’d love to discuss the book here in further detail :)