Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Hour 23

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charvi (new)

Charvi (notjustfiction) Hi everyone! I'm Charvi, here to host a discussion for the 23rd hour! The readathon is about to end but my excitement is still quite high! I took plenty of breaks from reading and I was wondering if you all did too.

So what were you doing in the last 20 hours when you weren't reading? How frequently did you take breaks? Or have you been reading continuously? Do you think taking breaks is important? Let's discuss!

message 2: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla | 317 comments I've made a big break for sleep, only woke up a couple of hours ago. Apart from that the usual - some cleaning, cooking, doing chores, bath time... I listened to an audiobook during most of that time, so it wasn't completely lost

message 3: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Most of my "breaks" were just breaks from physical reading. When I was cooking or checking in online, I was listening to my audibook. I did stop completely for about 20 minutes when I got into my jammies and when I took my dogs out. But mostly it's been continuous book-reading in one form or another!

message 4: by Charvi (new)

Charvi (notjustfiction) Sleep is indeed important Lamilla, I'm glad you went for it! I don't know how people stay awake 24 hours, seems impossible for me 😥

message 5: by Charvi (new)

Charvi (notjustfiction) Wow Elyse that's really productive! I've been forced to take multiple breaks, this readathon isn't going that well for me...

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaholla) | 24 comments I decided I’d make sourdough bread, and timed it so I’d have to put it in the fridge at 2 a.m. I’d take quick breaks to knead, or shape, then set a new timer and read until it went off.

I also fell asleep sometime around 3, and woke up about 6 hours later.

Bread is in the oven now! Should finish just as we wrap up. :)

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel | 25 comments I'm unable to stay awake through a whole night so I took a large break to sleep; also I'm totally guitly of watching a movie oopsie :D
Aside from that I read pretty much the whole time with small breaks up to 30 minutes in between
My respect to everyone who stays up the whole 24 hours without sleeping :D

message 8: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Charvi wrote: "Wow Elyse that's really productive! I've been forced to take multiple breaks, this readathon isn't going that well for me..."

I forgot that I missed 3 hours midday to visit my grammy in the hospital. And I slept for 5 hours. lol

message 9: by Therese (new)

Therese | 4 comments I read for 45 minutes and then 15 minutes break for stretching, bathroom, getting drinks and snacks, checking social media, then 45 minutes more of reading. I have also taken some longer breaks for sleep and eating proper meals. I think this method really helps and was the same method I used for studying back in the days :).

message 10: by Charvi (new)

Charvi (notjustfiction) Ooh that sounds great Anna! You can feast on the bread as a reward for finishing the readathon :D

message 11: by Charvi (new)

Charvi (notjustfiction) Abookfangirl me too! I love my beauty sleep too much :P
I get very cranky and unproductive if I don't get enough sleep!

message 12: by Charvi (new)

Charvi (notjustfiction) Hope your grammy is doing well Elyse. Family definitely comes before :)

message 13: by Charvi (new)

Charvi (notjustfiction) Therese that sounds like a great method! I'm an impulse reader. I can keep reading for hours and sometimes I'll need breaks every 15 minutes :P

message 14: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Charvi wrote: "Hope your grammy is doing well Elyse. Family definitely comes before :)"

Thank you! She's definitely been better but hopefully she's on the mend now. It's been a rough couple of weeks for her.

message 15: by Newly (new)

Newly Wardell | 146 comments Working and sleeping

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.