#AYEARATHON discussion

May 2018 - Rereads > May - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 1015 comments Mod
This Month's Info:
Takes Place From - 7-13
Theme - Rereads
Challenge - Graphic Novels

What are you planning on reading?

message 2: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 107 comments I hope to read some romance and fantasy this readathon. Work will be grueling enough in May. I need a TBR that will put a smile on my face!
Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey The Hating Game by Sally Thorne Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 228 comments Vivian wrote: "I hope to read some romance and fantasy this readathon. Work will be grueling enough in May. I need a TBR that will put a smile on my face!
Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey[bookcover:The Ha..."

Love The Lunar Chronicles! Hope you'll enjoy it as well!

message 4: by Nina (new)

Nina | 53 comments I decided to only go for the challenge es i have a too big TBR pile to reread anything this year.

My picks are:
Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run
Orange 2

So this time i have a very realistic chance to actually read everything from my list.

message 5: by Jesa (new)

Jesa Burgoyne | 4 comments I’ve never read a graphic novel so I’ll reread some of my favorite books and read some graphic novels.

message 7: by Janie (new)

Janie (sj_ellis11) Vivian wrote: "I hope to read some romance and fantasy this readathon. Work will be grueling enough in May. I need a TBR that will put a smile on my face!
Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey[bookcover:The Ha..."

Ah, The Hating Game is so so good!

message 8: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 91 comments I'm going to reread The Silence of Six (SOS, #1) by E.C. Myers . For graphic novel I will read The Backstagers Vol. 2 by James Tynion IV .

message 9: by Lady Poppy (new)

Lady Poppy | 4 comments Just this month in general I'm going to try to re-read the entire throne of glass series, but during that week I'll try to whip out as many as possible.

message 10: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 412 comments I'm rereading The Sheep Pig, 20th Anniversary Puffin Edition by Dick King-Smith
I decided to focus on trying to read some middle grade in May so might pick up even more rereads from my childhood
and I'm going to pick up The Unwritten, Vol. 1 Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity by Mike Carey as my graphic novel might

message 11: by Frida (last edited May 01, 2018 02:30AM) (new)

Frida Hultgren | 5 comments Love Hurts Deluxe by Kim W Andersson The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys by Gerard Way (special edition) and then The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1 The Apocalypse Suite by Gerard Way The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2 Dallas by Gerard Way

All are re-reads but some are different editions then the ones I read the first time :D

message 12: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 191 comments I really want to reread so many books so I'm going to see what I'm feeling during the week but the only graphic novels I have are doctor who ones so those I'll definitely try to pick up during the week

message 14: by BooksAmL (new)

BooksAmL | 41 comments Finally after so many months of intense school I have the time to invest into the amazing and fun read a thon
here is my TBR for the week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxdLO...

message 15: by Sicily (new)

Sicily  (sicilyjoy) | 30 comments Keeping it simple as I am currently life and brain burnt out.

Rereading:
Sula by Toni Morrison ( going try it on audiobook this time). I haven't read this since college so many years ago. I remember it hooked me on Toni Morrison.

Graphic novels: I am going to read Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates Some of those will be a reread.

message 16: by Mariam (new)

Mariam  (malmatrooshi) | 4 comments I’m planning to reread Saga3, and start 4,5,6,and 7 unfortunately I don’t have 8. If I finished those them I might read Wonder Woman DC graphic novel.

message 18: by Deniece (new)

Deniece (onebookishbabe) | 3 comments For the Challenge I'm rereading Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol I had been going through my shelves trying to get rid of things I no longer want and this reread would help me decide if I want to keep this or not.

Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire because I'm trying to see if I actually enjoy it the second time around.

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr Because I need to finish this series.

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi I need to get over my dislike for Warren and finish this series.

message 19: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 129 comments I don't plan on rereading anything as i have so much on my TBR thats want to get off but I do have some graphic novels I can think about getting too... and those are books 2-5 of the babysitters club.

message 20: by Mia (new)

Mia (mia_1598) I don't own any graphic novels per say nor do I really want to re-read anything...there is so much I want to get around to after months of university reading!

I will be reading comics, lots of old disney ones and some I got from free comic book day this weekend, as well as books that are heavily picture based! I will put on goodreads what I can find, excited for this week :)

message 21: by Sammy (last edited May 06, 2018 09:29PM) (new)

Sammy Michelle | 46 comments I don't have graphic novels so I will be focusing on a few of my rereads like The DUFF Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger & Discovering April (Discovering Trilogy, #1) by Sheena Hutchinson & My Life Next Door.

message 22: by Kat!e (last edited May 07, 2018 01:53AM) (new)

Kat!e Larson I promised myself I wouldn't buy any new books this year, and then this challenge popped up and I remembered I've been wanting to reread Calamity Jack. I already own the first book, Rapunzel's Revenge. So I ordered Calamity Jack and plan on rereading both graphic novels this week.
I also intend to reread as many of the Deltora books by Emily Rodda that I can this week, in preparation for FINALLY reading Star of Deltora.

message 23: by Leticia (last edited May 07, 2018 08:05AM) (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) Graphic Novels:
Paper Girls, Vol. 2 (Paper Girls, #2) by Brian K. Vaughan
Lady Mechanika, Vol.1 The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse by Joe Benítez , Lady Mechanika #2 (Lady Mechanika, #2) by Joe Benítez

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan (meggomustreadbooks) | 2 comments I am re reading the walking dead first 3 volumes. I still have to finish the rest of my TBR.

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma Reeve | 4 comments So far have read On the Road by Jack Kerouac
But also want to finish reading Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer
And get up to date on the Descender graphic novel series so I can complete the challenge Descender, Vol. 4 Orbital Mechanics by Jeff Lemire Descender, Vol. 5 Rise of the Robots by Jeff Lemire