What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Mystery/Crime book? and most likely YA; old house with secret doors and rooms, with valuable artifacts, one being made of jade. The main charter is a female and there is a creepy male in the book.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby Mace | 3 comments I'm looking for a book with this description:

old house with secret doors and rooms, with valuable artifacts, one being made of jade. The main charter is a female and there is a creepy male in the book.

Thats all I can remember, I read it in Middle School

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
When were you in Middle School Abby? Are you in 9th grade now, so it would have been in the last 2 or 3 years? Or are you a member of the Greatest Generation and it would have been 70 or so years ago? Yes, we do have pretty much that age span. Please read the Group Rules or even just the little pop up to the right of the comment box when you start typing.

When was it set--about the time that you read it, the 1950's, the 1940's, 1810?

Where was it set--country, region, rural or urban?

Any memory of the cover?

We always ask these questions because sometimes having someone ask jogs a memory loose.

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1204 comments Was it one of the Doris Fein books by T. Ernesto Bethancourt? I seem to remember that plot from one of them, but can't remember which one.

message 4: by Abby (new)

Abby Mace | 3 comments I recently graduated college so it was a long time ago lol.
I believe it was set in the country, I remember it had an orential feel to it.
I remember the cover being light in color like a light blue or green and it had an old style writing on the cover as well.

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby Mace | 3 comments Pamela, I just looked at those books, and it is not one of them. Thank you for the suggestion though!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Âßßy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Maybe one of Phyllis Whitney's mysteries? The mystery of the Green Cat or the one about a jade Buddha?