Play Book Tag discussion

The Marriage of Opposites
This topic is about The Marriage of Opposites
April 2018: Strong Women > The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Magdalena | 414 comments I've always wanted to go to the Virgin Islands, I love Impressionism and I'm always looking for good historical fiction with strong female characters so I was thrilled when I stumbled upon this. Based on a true story but shot though with a dose of magic the book focuses on Rachel Pizzarro the mother of Camillie Pizzarro one of the first impressionists.

message 2: by JoLene (new) - added it

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I recently bought this one. Alice Hoffman has been an author I’ve wanted to try for a while.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9342 comments I’ve long spoke and attested that this author is probably my all time favorite, (so hard to choose) and that this book is one of the most beautiful I have ever read.

Susie | 4488 comments This is the only one of Hoffman’s that I have read and I really enjoyed it. The audio was great. I plan to read more of her work at some stage.

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9342 comments I recommend the Dovekeepers, Faithful, and the Third Angel. She spans a lot of styles. From historical fiction to young adult. They are all different. She’s spiritual in her writing and likes a bit of the magic element. My mother is using Faithful for her book club hosting.