What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Plain Girl
This topic is about Plain Girl
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young girl from strict religious family goes to school, has a sleepover with a friend. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Hi guys,

Trying to remember the title of a children's book I read in the early '90s. It was about a girl from a strict religious family who went to school for the first time. I think her family was homeschooling her, but they got a letter from the government saying she had to attend a real school.

She is conflicted about making friends with the "worldly" kids, but she does befriend a girl her own age and goes to a sleepover at her house. She was surprised by her friend's house in general, how up to date it was. I think the girl may have lived without electricity. I also remember something about curtains?

Pretty sure "girl" was in the title. I think the cover showed the girl in her long dress standing in front of a school bus.

Thanks mucho for any help!

message 3: by Ckipp (new)

Ckipp | 13 comments Schooled by Gordon Kormon?

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments That's it! I recognize the older paperback cover with the school bus.

Thanks bunches for helping. :)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments It was Plain Girl, not Schooled, but thanks for the suggestion, Ckipp.

message 6: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments Great :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Plain Girl (other topics)
Schooled (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Virginia Sorensen (other topics)