What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Probably NA but possibly YA/romance/thriller - military guy protecting his girl

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela | 3 comments I read a book in the last six years and here is what I recall: girl goes to a party in the woods and her ex-crush or ex-boyfriend (who is military or ex-military) shows up and shots are fired. He protects her for the rest of the book. There is a scene at her house (in the country??), her younger sister is either kidnapped or presumed kidnapped and there is a scene involving a river and boat.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6965 comments Mod
Are you sure this is YA (teenagers) and not NA (18 to 22 or so)?

Do you remember why there were shots fired? Why was the h in danger, do you remember? Who kidnapped the younger sister? Any memories of the cover? Or if the author was male or female? What format did you read it in--dead tree, electron, audio?

message 3: by Angela (last edited Apr 28, 2018 05:04PM) (new)

Angela | 3 comments Probably NA. The shots were fired at the party in the woods at the beginning of the book. I don't recall why H was in danger or if the bad guys were after the her because she was the love interest of the guy protecting her. The bad guys kidnapped the sister or the sister and guy thought she was kidnapped because she didn't listen to the older sister and wasn't where she was supposed to be and they can't find her. I don't recall the cover, Pretty sure the author was female. I read it on my Kindle.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

I added the bit about being NA since you'll get a lot more people checking that out Angela. Do you remember if the Hero was Special Forces of some type or just plain old vanilla grunt (aka foot soldier)? And any memory of what type of military--Marine, Army, Navy, Air Force?

Btw, spoilers (if you remember any) are allowed as long as you alert to their existence. There is also a way to hide them, (view spoiler) Sometimes the spoilers, especially for thrillers are what get the book found. An example would be something like Spoiler, the bad guy turns out to be the VPOTUS who wants to become POTUS and has set everything up to hide the assassination attempt he has planned on the president. I don't think that's a real example of any book, but hey, I'm from the Metro DC area, so I've heard all kinds of conspiracy theories.

message 5: by Angela (last edited Apr 28, 2018 06:23PM) (new)

Angela | 3 comments I'm thinking he was special forces and was still connected. Ugh...I wish I could remember more.

I think I just found it: Hot Pursuit (A Hostile Operations Team Novel - Book 1) by Lynn Raye Harris

message 6: by Amanda (last edited Apr 28, 2018 07:20PM) (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Hot Pursuit (Hostile Operations Team, #1) by Lynn Raye Harris Hot Pursuit for the link

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

If you have either the Nook or Kindle app, that's free today on both so that you can check and see if it's the one you were thinking about.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Angela, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

HOT Pursuit (other topics)