Reading Women discussion

Inside Out & Back Again
This topic is about Inside Out & Back Again
Discussion for Inside Out and Back Again

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Leslie | 23 comments I didn't see a thread for this so started one. My knowledge of Vietnam is embarrassingly weak. What a heartbreaking narrative of this family's tragic, quick escape from their land for safety. I absolutely love the child's perspective as a writing technique for something so immensely frightening. I'm finding both of our selections this month quite beautiful in their lyricism.

Carol (Reading Ladies) (carolreadingladies) | 7 comments This is a beautifully written story with some wonderful themes. 5 stars

message 3: by Kendra, Co-founder (new) - added it

Kendra Winchester (kdwinchester) | 559 comments Mod
Leslie wrote: "I didn't see a thread for this so started one. My knowledge of Vietnam is embarrassingly weak. What a heartbreaking narrative of this family's tragic, quick escape from their land for safety. I abs..."

Thanks for starting the thread! Great idea.

message 4: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Swanson | 2 comments I teach this story to my 8th graders. I love the discussions that my students have while reading this book. They are hearing about refugees on the news, given all that's going on in the world, and then they're able to bring their questions/concerns to our classroom.