What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Hero of Lesser Causes
This topic is about Hero of Lesser Causes
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 1990s Pre-teen paperback. Older brother paralyzed and bitter about it. Sister helps him through it. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah S | 5 comments I believe it was written in the 1990s for pre-teens. I was 10 to 12 years old when I read this.

The main character was a young girl whose older brother was very active but became paralyzed after an accident. He was very bitter about this and the sister was confused by his situation. If I remember correctly she enlists a neighbor or another adult to help her brother come to terms.

I know covers change but the edging was light blue and the main image was a drawing of a teenage boy, outside, looking energetically into the distance with his sister standing behind him.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Where and when is it set? Country/region, decade.

Sarah S | 5 comments I would say it took place in the 1990s in United States suburbs.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments Not everything matches, but in case you mis-remember: Hero of Lesser Causes?

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Apr 29, 2018 08:14AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sarah S | 5 comments Ayshe wrote: "Not everything matches, but in case you mis-remember: Hero of Lesser Causes?"

Hero of Lesser Causes!! Yup that's the one! Thanks Ayshe. :) And wow, I was way off with my description. Way to go!!