Bibbidi Bobbidi Book discussion

Books you'll continue re-reading all your life

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Federica (new)

Federica Messina (bibbidibobbidibook) | 33 comments Mod
This topic is quite straightforward: which book(s) has forever found a place in your heart, and has the honour to be read and re-read multiple times??
I personally have read "Il Barone Rampante" (The Baron in the trees) from Calvino more than any other book. I feel that eveytime I read it, I find new details, new perspectives and the book grows with me...or maybe I grow with it.

message 2: by Stefania (new)

Stefania Trevisan (stef_trev) | 24 comments Mod
I've never had a book like that!!

message 3: by Michela (new)

Michela Book_butterflies (book_butterflies) | 20 comments Mod
Personally, I have never done it 😊 There are books that have a special place in my mind and that I loved like there is no tomorrow. However, I never managed to find the time to re-read something, I always feel that there is something new to discover and even when I decide to go back to some old book eventually I don’t…. Bear with me 😊

message 4: by Federica (new)

I actually have the same exact tendency of moving towards new books, rather than picking up ones I've already read, but this is why I feel particularly bonded to those that I did eventually re-read. There have been times in which I felt the need to go through the same story, the same words, relive certain emotions, a bit as it's usually done with poetry. However, to my surprise, depending on the age and phase in my life, I felt I was discovering new sides to the novel and to myself. In a way it was like reading a new book :-)

message 5: by Michela (new)

I understand and it makes sense, I would actually really like to do it because as you said we change and our point of view change with us. I will try to go back to some old love like Frankenstein :)

message 6: by Federica (new)

that's another classic on my to-read list!! What did you think about it???

message 7: by Michela (new)

Frankenstein is my first love :) It is about, from my point of view, who we are, how we recognize ourselves as humans, what’s define the human nature and therefore the human kind, but also how we see ourselves in all this. Like how you Federica feel your humanity.
Most probably all this makes no sense now that is out of my brain and in words, but it is a great book ;) :D

message 8: by Federica (new)

makes perfect sense to me! thank you for sharing your thoughts 😙

message 9: by Stefania (new)

I've read Frankenstein many years ago and now, after Michela's point of view, I wanna read it again!!!! I've never considered that it could be represent the entire human being.

message 10: by Federica (new)

Speaking of Frankenstein, I have just now started a book called "Poor Things" by Alasdair Gray, which is supposed to be a postmodern revision of Frankenstein...it has been reviewed quite well (especially from Jen Campbell whose recommended books I have always found amazing so far!). I'll let you know how it goes...

message 11: by Stefania (new)

Uuuhhhh! Cool!!