Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Hour 6 - Bookish Friends & Families

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cirtnecce (last edited Apr 28, 2018 10:11AM) (new)

Cirtnecce (wwwgoodreadscomcirtnecce) | 9 comments Hey Everyone! It’s Hour 6 and I am Cirtnecce, your moderator for the hour! I hope we are all having fun! I was wondering, If there is one or two bookish character or characters you could adopt as father/mother/sister/brother/friend/partner/coworker etc etc. who would that be and from which book? For instance, I have a great Dad, but if I had to adopt one from the bookish world, I would go with Atticus Finch, from Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird. Also growing up as a single child, I yearned for a sibling; I am something of a Jane from P&P and with a dash of Marianne from S&S (weird I know!) by the incomparable Ms. Austen; so I would have rather liked a sister who was a mix of Elizabeth and Elinor! So who would your bookish family / friends be, if given a chance?

message 2: by Abbey (new)

Abbey (abbeyhauser) | 183 comments This is a fantastic question! I've got some thinking to do on this, but I can't wait to put together my choices!

message 3: by Cirtnecce (new)

Cirtnecce (wwwgoodreadscomcirtnecce) | 9 comments Hahahhaa....I know right? Such great characters out there! No rush! Take your time!!

message 4: by Biblio_philia (new)

Biblio_philia (biblio_philia_germany) actually i don´t realy liked the book that much, but i would love to have Monsieur Blake as my cool uncle, he has such a big heart and i often think about him :-D
Monsieur Blake und der Zauber der Liebe by Gilles Legardinier

message 5: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks What a great question! Just because I just finished reading Blood Promise I would want Rose Hathaway as a sister! Also (if I weren't married lol) Cassian from A Court of Mist and Furry!

message 6: by Mel (new)

Mel | 25 comments That’s a really great question! I would love to have the Inner Circle from A Court of Mist and Fury as friends or the Marauders (minus Peter that traitorous rat) from Harry Potter

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel | 25 comments Aaand Diana & Co from Wonder Woman Warbringer :D

message 8: by Cirtnecce (new)

Cirtnecce (wwwgoodreadscomcirtnecce) | 9 comments Julia wrote: "actually i don´t realy liked the book that much, but i would love to have Monsieur Blake as my cool uncle, he has such a big heart and i often think about him :-D
[bookcover:Monsieur Blake und der ..."
Julie I have not read the book but I agree, sounds like a cool Uncle!

message 9: by Cirtnecce (new)

Cirtnecce (wwwgoodreadscomcirtnecce) | 9 comments Gabby (GabsAboutBooks) wrote: "What a great question! Just because I just finished reading Blood Promise I would want Rose Hathaway as a sister! Also (if I weren't married lol) Cassian from A Court of Mist and Furry!"
Thank You! :) Glad you enjoyed it! We can always have bookish crushes, regardless of our real life status! That's the fun of being a reader! I must read Court of Mist...hearing some great things!

message 10: by Cirtnecce (new)

Cirtnecce (wwwgoodreadscomcirtnecce) | 9 comments Abookfangirl wrote: "That’s a really great question! I would love to have the Inner Circle from A Court of Mist and Fury as friends or the Marauders (minus Peter that traitorous rat) from Harry Potter"
ooohhh!! Yes....The Marauders for sure!! And I agree, Peter, NOT WANTED!! Also agree on the Wonder Woman & Co.

message 11: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 29 comments Alright, a fatherly figure will be easy enough to choose (even though I have an awesome real life dad), my fictional choice would be Eddard Stark from Game of Thrones. For a sibling...this one is going to be a little bit harder...simply because I have a few choices in mind, but if I did have to narrow it down, it would either be Eva Thorne from the Eva Thorne series by Lorel Clayton, or Sara from The Forever Night Stand by Bena Roberts. For a co-worker, I'd choose Eve Dallas in J.D. Robb's In Death Series; for a partner (I have a lot of book boyfriends, so please bear with me), I'd choose either Alexander Kinloch from To the Hilt by Dick Francis, or Jason Beaumont from Hard Hats and Doormats by Laura Chapman. I unfortunately can't come up with a fictional mother figure since there aren't any that have really stood out to me, so I'm going to have to pass on that one.

message 12: by Cirtnecce (new)

Cirtnecce (wwwgoodreadscomcirtnecce) | 9 comments Carmen...I am snowed!! Thats one exciting family if ever! Yeah....I would also agree with Edward Stark as a father! I am there with you, I too have several book boyfriends and that's the point,they are Book Boyfriends!! I must look up the Eve Thorne and The Forever Night Stand as I have not read either and now am very intrigued!!

message 13: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments I think Mr. and Mrs. Weasley would be great parents!

message 14: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Hermione as a sister! Insufferable know-it-all, kind of like me, we would nerd out so hard! ;)

message 15: by Newly (new)

Newly Wardell | 146 comments I've always wanted a Bertie Wooster type of neighbor.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.