Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Anna's First Read-a-Thon

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (last edited Apr 28, 2018 05:17PM) (new)

Anna | 25 comments Hello All,
This is my very first read-a-thon, so I'm not quite sure how everything works, but I'm excited to give it a shot! My goal is to read 1,000 pages, which is a bit lofty, so we'll see how it goes. Please let me know if you have any tips/tricks!

So far, I've finished the last 100 pages of I, Eliza Hamilton, as well as the last 200 pages of Twist of Faith. I'm now starting in on The Sun Also Rises.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1300 comments Good luck Anna! I think the best tip is not to forget to have fun! :)

message 3: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Aaah, Hemingway. Great readathon choice. Enjoy your day!

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments Finished The Sun Also Rises, which was a surprisingly easy read. Next up is We Crossed a Bridge and It Trembled: Voices from Syria.

Total pages read: 587

message 5: by Devon (new)

Devon (archivist_fox) | 80 comments Good luck for your first readathon Anna!! You can reach 1000 pages! Go Go Go!!

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments I've gotten a bit distracted in the past few hours, but finally managed to finish We Crossed a Bridge and It Trembled: Voices from Syria (which I highly recommend, by the way). Next up: I, Robot.

Total pages read: 939

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments Though a break for dinner slowed me down, I've finished I, Robot. Next up: The Ocean at the End of the Lane.

Total pages read: 1,163

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments Yay! Another read-a-thon! Not sure how much I'll be able to participate, but I'm going to try my best. Today, I'm starting with: Six Wakes

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Anna wrote: "Yay! Another read-a-thon! Not sure how much I'll be able to participate, but I'm going to try my best. Today, I'm starting with: Six Wakes"

Good luck! Remember that any reading counts as participation whether it is five minutes, five hours, or 24 hours. You got this :)

message 10: by Anna (last edited Jul 27, 2018 06:04PM) (new)

Anna | 25 comments Made it to the end of Six Wakes (not as impressive as it sounds, since I was 2/3 of the way done already). I'm really excited to finish some library books that have been staring at me for the past two weeks, so I'm about to dive into Sleeping Giants. We'll see how it goes!

Total pages read: 161

message 11: by Angie ☯ (new)

Angie ☯ | 136 comments Hi Anna!
Finishing that first Read-a-thon book feels good, doesn't it!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your reads!

message 12: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgotauco) | 38 comments When I first started I was comparing myself to the other readathoners who were getting the full time in (which I could never do -- can't handle overnights now). But then I tried comparing how much I read during the readathon to how much I normally read on a weekend -- and that's when I felt like a real star!

Welcome to the readathon! I hope you have fun - I legitimately look forward to this every time it comes around!

message 13: by Jana (new)

Jana Eichhorn | 171 comments Happy reading!!

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments Hour 2 Update:
Sleeping Giants is a fast read. I'm a little unsure how I feel about the premise/book in general, but it's definitely going quickly!

Pages read: 148

Total pages read: 309

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments Liz wrote: "When I first started I was comparing myself to the other readathoners who were getting the full time in (which I could never do -- can't handle overnights now). But then I tried comparing how much ..."

Thank you! This is really encouraging, as I'm definitely not going to make it through an overnight!

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments Hour 3 Update:
Got a bit distracted this hour, but still managed to get some done. I'm still working through Sleeping Giants, should be able to get it done in the next hour or so.

Pages read this hour: 90

Total pages read: 399

message 17: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments I love the Themis Files trilogy! It's a little weird but very good! Good luck!

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments Hour 13? I had to get some sleep, but now I'm back at it!

Books finished:
Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty
Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) by Sylvain Neuvel

Currently reading:
The Firethorn Crown (Firethorn Chronicles, #1) by Lea Doué .

Pages read since last update: 256

Total pages read: 655

message 19: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments Another hour and another book down!

Made it through The Firethorn Crown (Firethorn Chronicles, #1) by Lea Doué , now onto Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu !

Pages read this hour: 100

Total pages read: 755