Cozy Mysteries discussion

Maggie Sefton
This topic is about Maggie Sefton
Featured Cozy Authors > Featured Author - July 2018 - Maggie Sefton

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (last edited May 28, 2018 11:22AM) (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 22033 comments Mod
Our Featured Author for July is Maggie Sefton.

Looking back over years of Featured Authors, I was surprised to see that we had never featured Maggie Sefton.

From author website:

"First, a little biographical information as introduction: Born in Richmond, VA, I grew up in Northern Virginia in Arlington, close to Washington, D.C. I attended university and received a Bachelor's degree in English Literature & Journalism, married, and started my family there. All four of my daughters are grown and established in careers of their own and are literally scattered around the globe. I now reside in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado with two very demanding dogs."

Aka Margaret Conlan

Knitting series:

1. Knit One, Kill Two
2. Needled to Death
3. A Deadly Yarn
4. A Killer Stitch
5. Dyer Consequences
6. Fleece Navidad
7. Dropped Dead Stitch
8. Skein of the Crime
9. Unraveled
10. Cast On, Kill Off
11. Close Knit Killer
12. Yarn Over Murder
13. Purl Up and Die
14. Knit to Be Tied
15. Only Skein Deep (Paperback, May 1, 2018)
16. Dyeing Up Loose Ends (Hardcover, July 3, 2018)

Related:

1. HALLOWEEN SCARE: Featuring Characters from the New York Times Bestselling Kelly Flynn Knitting Mysteries
2. Who Are You People?

Maggie Malone series:

1. Deadly Politics
2. Poisoned Politics
3. Bloody Politics

Other:

1. The Cozy Chicks Kitchen
2. Tea Time with the Cozy Chicks
3. Scandals, Secrets, and Murder

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7840 comments I'm actually up to date on this series and so will be reading Dyeing Up Loose Ends. I'm to the point where the characters are more my friends and the mystery isn't that important. I just like visiting with my friends and catching up on what is going on with them. I have loved this series though, so glad my friend randomly bought me the first one for christmas one year just because she liked the title.

message 3: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 582 comments I have read many of the knitting books. I like everyone I read.

message 4: by Aymee (new)

Aymee (asphaltcowgrrl) I picked up a copy of Deadly Politics from the library and am hoping to read it soon.

message 5: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda She must be a popular author. I am always on a wait list at the library!

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 316 comments I just read Knit One, Kill Two last month. My local library has most of the series on overdrive and I'm on the wait list for the nest one. I agree with Zelda...there's always a wait list.

message 7: by Sandi (new)

Sandi | 5 comments I read Knit One, Kill Two a few months ago. It was entertaining and I loved the characters. Had decided, at that time, to read the entire series.

Was intrigued by her political series so decided to read Deadly Politics this month. Had a hard time finding a copy. Didn't find it in Kindle or local libraries. Finally, ordered from a third party book dealer on Amazon. Just received copy yesterday. It's pouring down rain today - a perfect time to read!

message 8: by Sandi (new)

Sandi | 5 comments Just finished Deadly Politics. I'm so sick of our country's current political situation that I was afraid I would hate the book. Fortunately, it was a great read. It definitely ended with a lead into the next in the series. Looks liked I'm hooked on another series.

message 9: by Aymee (new)

Aymee (asphaltcowgrrl) Sandi wrote: "Just finished Deadly Politics. I'm so sick of our country's current political situation that I was afraid I would hate the book. Fortunately, it was a great read. It definitely ended with a lead in..."

I'm only about 2 chapters in so far, but I really like her writing style. And I kinda like Molly and her cohorts, too. I know what you mean though about the political aspect and how it might affect us currently.

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7840 comments Just read Dyeing Up Loose Ends over the weekend and loved it. So sad that it is the last book in the series. I enjoyed this one more than I have the last couple. I will also warn other readers that it contains spoilers in it for other books in the series so I would advise reading it last.

message 11: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (new)

Thanks for the spoiler alert, Linda!

message 12: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3909 comments Mod
I've read Yarn Over Murder as some friend had it in her shelves ;) and I've really enjoyed it although there wasn't a lot of sleuth. I'll be back to the series for sure.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (book_lady15) I am currently in the middle of book 3, A Deadly Yarn. I love this series. I'm a knitter, and the way she describes the yarns, the knitting, the weaving, the projects...oh, it's wonderful. Plus, I find the characters interesting, and I remain interested until the end, trying to solve the crimes.

message 14: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (new)

Finished another book this week, A Killer Stitch. While I do not knit or crochet (I do counted cross-stitch and card making), I have friends who do both. I also work at a local indie craft store and have witnessed "fiber fever" many times when new visitors see the selection of hand dyed yarns.

message 15: by Melissa (last edited Jul 30, 2018 08:19AM) (new)

Melissa Ransom | 5 comments I read seven books from the Knitting series. It is a great series! I learned a lot about knitting that I did not know about. I could also relate to the main character since we both have accounting backgrounds.

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna | 27 comments I read Knit One, Kill Two. I loved it and will definitely be reading more in the series. The descriptions of the yarns made me want to run to a craft store to feel them. The book also makes me want to learn to knit and crochet.