Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Hour 1 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cbear215 (new)

Cbear215 | 6 comments Good (morning here), everyone and Happy Readathon Day!!!

What book are you most looking forward to reading today? Are you just starting it or making progress in it?

I have a huge "pick from pile," for today, but I think I'm most looking forward to Fredrik Backman's A Man Called Ove. I've read two of his others and just absolutely love him!

message 2: by Cirtnecce (new)

Cirtnecce (wwwgoodreadscomcirtnecce) | 9 comments Hiya!! I am pretty much looking forward to everything I added to the readathon pile plus some last minute additions, but I think Dear Mrs Bird by AJ Pearce is what I am a little more excited about than the rest! Just a tinsy more! :D

message 3: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks I'm looking forward to finishing Blood Promise by Richelle Mead. I've been half way through this book since March and it's about time I finish it. I'm also excited to pick up Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody.

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 12 comments I have two books to finish (The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter and Zero Repeat Forever) and that is what I am looking forward to most today. I am ready to move on to new books!!

message 5: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments I am most looking forward to finishing the The Velvet Hours. I am listening to the last hour and half now.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 209 comments I'm already lamenting the fact that I won't have time to finish ALL the books in my stack of 15.

message 7: by Elise (new)

Elise Ravenclaw (eliseravenclaw) | 5 comments Good morning! I just started my day with tea and waffles, yum!
I'm continuing The Lying Game by Ruth Ware. I'm half way through and it is good so far. I recommend The Woman in Cabin 10 by the same author.
I'm looking forward to The Hate U Give, which has received great reviews all over.
Have a great readathon!

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth | 156 comments maybe Spin? I'll be starting it soon.

message 9: by Cbear215 (new)

Cbear215 | 6 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I'm already lamenting the fact that I won't have time to finish ALL the books in my stack of 15."

lol, I feel this way too! I'm always a little surprised that I didn't finish more books.

message 10: by Cbear215 (new)

Cbear215 | 6 comments Lisa wrote: "Good morning! I just started my day with tea and waffles, yum!
I'm continuing The Lying Game by Ruth Ware. I'm half way through and it is good so far. I recommend The Woman in..."</i>

LOVED [book:The Hate U Give

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (booksnchill) | 1 comments Reading The Blood Strand by Chris Ould set in The 🇫🇴 Faroe Islands

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 37 comments I’m most looking forward to reading Rainbird. It sounds interesting and the cover is so pretty! I’m saving it for later.

message 13: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla | 317 comments I'm set on getting through Lullaby by Leïla Slimani today. It's one of the newest books on my tbr and I started reading it yesterday.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (meggomustreadbooks) | 32 comments I'm am excited to finish the book their and start to kill a Mockingbird as well as re read my my first two volumes of Jessica Jones alias. so I guess I'm excited for everything lol.

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie Woodard | 5 comments I’m about 2/3 through Evelyn, After. I don’t like it much. It isn’t really a thriller like it says, but since I’m so far in it I’ll finish it

I’m looking forward to In Farleigh Field. I usually love World War 2 Time books

message 16: by Kinna (new)

Kinna (kinnareads) Good afternoon readers (GMT time). Finished my first book - Binti by Nnedi Okorafor - a fantastic novella. Spending some time visiting blogs etc before starting my next book.

message 17: by Devon (new)

Devon (archivist_fox) | 80 comments Hello Everyone!!
I decided to start with nonfiction early. I am working on The Geek Feminist Revolution and I am surprisingly flying through it. :D

message 18: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 7 comments hour 1 check-in: 39% done with Simple Truth

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 215 comments I think I'm most looking forward to Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan . I'm not a graphic novel reader, but there has been so much love for this series over on Litsy. That I thought I would try it during the readathon.

message 20: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (evolbooks) | 15 comments I need to finish my in progresses so I can start A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue. After that. I don’t know what I’ll be picking from my tbr!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi.
Excited for all of them. I was so hooked on the book I dident update before now, cause the book is finished.
I finished a book I had alredy started The Last Beginning (The Next Together, #2) by Lauren James
will start a contemporary next I think

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 457 comments I am in progress of three books:
All the Best People
The Myth of Perpetual Summer
Savage Spawn: Reflections on Violent Children

The rest will all be new - I am up in the air of the ones I'm most excited about

message 23: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) I have no book that stands out this time. Going to work on shorter books as I've not been able to concentrate on any lately. Got some Comics to read, short stories and novellas, along with a few regular novels.

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 89 comments I'm not sure that there is any one book that I'm most excited to read. They all sound really good. I do usually save more humorous cartoon style books for these events though. I have had Big Mushy Happy Lump by Sarah Andersen on my TBR for a long time, saving it for today.

message 25: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 7 comments check-in #2: 51% done in Simple Truth...now must charge my tablet before any more progress can be made. Until that is done, will start Millard Salter's Last Day

message 26: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (igem36) I'm most looking forward to McSweeney's Issue 52: In Their Faces a Landmark: Stories of Movement and Displacement. It came in the mail (gift subscription from DS) a while back, and I only had time to read three of the shortest stories before life got busy. This issue's theme is immigrants and refugees, and I'm saving it for after dinner when I expect I'll be wanting something extra-interesting to read.

message 27: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Barringer (Ravenmount) (ravenmount) | 533 comments Mod
I'm looking forward to no longer being 2 books behind schedule for my annual Goodreads reading goal. That is, of course, if I finish at least 2 books today, which will probably happen.

message 28: by Anna (new)

Anna | 10 comments I'm really looking forward to getting to Lazarus, Vol. 1: Family since I couldn't get Saga, Vol. 4 from my library. I'll be starting Lazarus after I finish my current book and make a dent in the next one - I think I'll be ready for a graphic novel break at that point.

message 29: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (itazzx) | 4 comments I'm working on finishing The Cider House Rules (which I've been working on for awhile now) and starting something new! I'd like to stop into a bookshop today for Independent Bookstore Day and pop open a few kid's books before I pick out something new.

message 30: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments I still want to read (reread actually as I listened to the audiobook a few years ago but felt I missed a lot) A Darker Shade of Magic today but I'm working on 2 books right now and one of them I have been reading for a few weeks!

message 31: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 7 comments 62% done with Simple Truth

message 32: by Logan (new)

Logan (lashelam) | 11 comments Cbear215 wrote: "Good (morning here), everyone and Happy Readathon Day!!!

What book are you most looking forward to reading today? Are you just starting it or making progress in it?

I have a huge "pick from pile..."

Good choice, A Man Called One is one of my all time favorites!

message 33: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 7 comments Dinner done, everything cleaned up & put away; family settled down..... 85% done with Simple Truth. I should finish it before readathon ends.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.