Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > What's On Your Plate?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) What are you munching on today? Be it main course or just a snack, what is keeping you going?

message 2: by Lena (new)

Lena (nlgmcr69) | 116 comments I've got a HUGE bag of Almond M&Ms. Somehow they have become a RaT tradition for me.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna | 10 comments Doritos and Mountain Dew and hummus with vegetables:)

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (igem36) Had a bagel with cream cheese and a big mug of Jittery Joe's Up All Night coffee first thing. Now drinking a bigger mug of Numi Emperor's Pu-Erh tea and thinking of microwaving Stouffer's Spinach Souffle for brunch.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 457 comments Everything Bagel with Cream Cheese and Latte in my favorite mug

message 6: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Apr 28, 2018 08:28AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I'm inordinately proud of myself for saving some Girl Scout Cookies for the Readathon.

message 7: by Fanna (last edited Apr 28, 2018 08:31AM) (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 19 comments Vanilla Oreos! The sugar helps me energize and it helped with the first mini challenge so yay XD

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1295 comments Smoothie, chocolate, french fries (not all at once of course lol)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I think I'll make a crockpot of Swiss steak or beef stew. Otherwise, no big cooking plans as this is sudden notice for me. Stocked up on tea, sodas, chocolate, and bugles. May make a fruit run as cantaloupes are just getting good here.

message 10: by Newly (new)

Newly Wardell | 145 comments cantelope does sound great!

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) I also won't be doing my normal stuff. With my sister coming to visit it is going to be really low key participation for me. Some before she arrives and maybe a bit while she is here. On Friday, I'll probably make English muffin pizzas as they are simple and quick and delicious. On Saturday, we will just be winging it. Maybe spaghetti.

message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 8 comments In April I made a bunch of salads. I was craving summery foods after the long winter. This time I'm going to make a cheese ball to snack on, but that's about it. I'm just not feeling inspired to do any cooking. There's a strong possibility I'll order a pizza or something on Saturday night.

message 13: by Carol (new)

Carol Evans | 5 comments I'm planning on spaghetti for Saturday too.

message 14: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 87 comments today - i just had a asiago cheese bagel that i dunked into onion and chive cream cheese

message 15: by Elyse (last edited Jul 27, 2018 02:30PM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Snacks & Drinks:
Smoothies/water/iced chai tea and Bai tea/seltzer
Watermelon, strawberries, grapes
Skittles (my weakness)
One Caramello bar
Mixed nuts
Cheese and crackers

Meals:
Breakfast - Tea/Smoothie/English muffin (we're not big breakfast people)
Lunch - Chilled tomato soup (found a recipe last week that I want to try and a hot summer day is perfect!)
Supper - Grilling (husband's job!) - steak & veggie rollups

Grocery shopping to do before the event starts!

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I should go to grocery store.

I'm going to go to bookstore (I think I'll need that after spending time in County Clerk's office for the vehicles).

message 17: by Amber (bookstacksamber) (last edited Jul 27, 2018 12:27PM) (new)

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) | 72 comments I'm off to the grocery store! Here's my plan:

Drinks: water, lemon LaCroix
Snacks: crackers and cheeseball, lots of cut up fruit and veggies, Sun Chips, sour candy
Meals: protein shake for breakfast, creamy ziti in Instant Pot, pizza. I'm reading from 7pm-7pm so I'll be eating dinner twice during the readathon.

message 18: by Jinjer (new)

Jinjer (jinjerhundley) I work from home and it's finally time for my lunch break so I'm running in to jam a cake into the oven so it will be ready to frost and eat tonight after dinner! No, I'm not a "eat dessert first" person. LOL

message 19: by Jana (new)

Jana Eichhorn | 171 comments Jinjer wrote: "I work from home and it's finally time for my lunch break so I'm running in to jam a cake into the oven so it will be ready to frost and eat tonight after dinner! No, I'm not a "eat dessert first" ..."

It's readathon! Cake for breakfast! LOL

message 20: by Jinjer (new)

Jinjer (jinjerhundley) Jana wrote: "Jinjer wrote: "I work from home and it's finally time for my lunch break so I'm running in to jam a cake into the oven so it will be ready to frost and eat tonight after dinner! No, I'm not a "eat ..."

Well, that IS a thought! No difference from a donut or muffin, really, right?

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) | 72 comments Jinjer wrote: "Jana wrote: "Jinjer wrote: "I work from home and it's finally time for my lunch break so I'm running in to jam a cake into the oven so it will be ready to frost and eat tonight after dinner! No, I'..."

I have seen many a donut or muffin that as just as much or more sugar as cake. Even some store-bought oatmeals have gobs of sugar! I think it's totally acceptable to eat cake for breakfast :)

message 22: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 3 comments I have
Water,
Juice,
Wheat Thins,
Ice cream,
Apples,
Chocolate Milk,
Pop Tarts,
Pizza Rolls,
Eggs and Pancakes for breakfast.

For Dinner tomorrow, Idk, maybe my mom will make something.

message 23: by Jana (new)

Jana Eichhorn | 171 comments I just had dinner, leftover shrimp and some watermelon. My snacks for the next 24 hours:
Doritos
Tortilla chips
Hummus with green chiles
Jalapeno queso
Breakfast burritos
Buffalo chicken dip
Fairy food
Coffee, tea, and Mountain Dew (rare for me, I'm not really a soda drinker)

Oh! and a Sangria Slush for tomorrow night!

message 24: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Jana wrote: "I just had dinner, leftover shrimp and some watermelon. My snacks for the next 24 hours:
Doritos
Tortilla chips
Hummus with green chiles
Jalapeno queso
Breakfast burritos
Buffalo chicken dip
Fairy ..."

Fairy food???

message 25: by Rachida (new)

Rachida | 111 comments It's so hot here that I only want to drink ice tea and smoothies!

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) *Rachida wrote: "It's so hot here that I only want to drink ice tea and smoothies!"

Or iced tea with some smoothie stirred into it, eh?

message 27: by Jana (new)

Jana Eichhorn | 171 comments Elyse wrote: "Jana wrote: "I just had dinner, leftover shrimp and some watermelon. My snacks for the next 24 hours:
Doritos
Tortilla chips
Hummus with green chiles
Jalapeno queso
Breakfast burritos
Buffalo chick..."

Yup! Some people call it sponge candy - basically it's a crunchy chunk of caramelized sugar covered in chocolate. It's to die for! :)

message 28: by Rachida (new)

Rachida | 111 comments Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) wrote: "*Rachida wrote: "It's so hot here that I only want to drink ice tea and smoothies!"

Or iced tea with some smoothie stirred into it, eh?"

That's a great idea!!

message 29: by Cynda (new)

Cynda  (cynda) | 765 comments I am sipping chicken broth from the Mexican food restaurant. So nutritious.

message 30: by Mounica (new)

Mounica Srinivas (mounisri) | 5 comments My day just started ,its 8am in India here and I am starting on my first readathon, so will move to snacks s bit later 😉

How about you guys , what are you reading ?? How is the reading going on ?

message 31: by Cynda (last edited Jul 27, 2018 09:08PM) (new)

Cynda  (cynda) | 765 comments Hi Monica. I have just finished a very small, very few pages book Be Free Where You Are by Thich Nhat Hanh.

I hope you enjoy your day reading Mounica!

message 32: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Jana wrote: "Yup! Some people call it sponge candy - basically it's a crunchy chunk of caramelized sugar covered in chocolate. It's to die for! :)..."

Ohhhh my lordy!! That sounds amazing! I've never heard of it!

message 33: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1295 comments Just about to go out for lunch... Nit sure yet what I'm having. To be continued!

message 34: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hayward Pérez  | 37 comments Breakfast was a banana, peach yogurt turkey salad sandwich (wholemeal bread) and green tea,

Snacks are an apple and mixed nuts. Lots of water to drink.

Going to eat a chicken and vegetable stir fry later with ice cream for dessert.

message 35: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments My chilled tomato soup has been chilled almost long enough to consume! :) I ended up having a leftover taco for lunch. Then got real tired. lol

message 36: by Mathilde (last edited Jul 28, 2018 11:31AM) (new)

Mathilde M (bedsidereading) | 12 comments Had some cereal for breakfast/lunch and rn, as I`m writing this, I`m eaing some homemade pizza.

message 37: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1295 comments Had codfish for lunch and am going to have squid for dinner :)

message 38: by Mathilde (new)

Mathilde M (bedsidereading) | 12 comments Snacking on some pretzel sticks. Trying to keep up for the last 1.5 hours.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Be Free Where You Are (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Thich Nhat Hanh (other topics)