Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Currently Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Hey Everyone! In this thread let us know what your are currently reading during the readathon and how you are enjoying it.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 89 comments I'm starting out the day with What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions. I'm a little over halfway done with it already, and hoping to have it finished within the first few hours.

message 4: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments Starting out with The Velvet Hours. I am trying to finish up the last 1hr45mins left of the audio book while enjoying ice cream. I am not feeling great so not reading with my eyes right now.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 182 comments Listening to Stella by Starlight by Sharon M. Draper

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 209 comments 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff

Charming so far and a quick read.

message 7: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (evolbooks) | 15 comments It’s 5am in California. So I’m laying in bed with Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy while my eyes wake up to read.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) I'm starting with The Way I Used to Be

message 9: by Biblio_philia (new)

Biblio_philia (biblio_philia_germany) I´m starting with a read for University Nirgendwo in Afrika by Stefanie Zweig

message 10: by Robbie Dee (new)

Robbie Dee (robbie_dee) I'm going to start with Ash by Malinda Lo

message 11: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Starting the readathon on page 135 of Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1) by Robin Sloan

message 12: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla | 317 comments Reading Lullaby by Leïla Slimani at the moment

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Borin | -1 comments Just started the audiobook of Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate.

I’m loving the writing!!

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (meggomustreadbooks) | 32 comments Jessica Jones: Alias volume 1. this is a reread for me, it's still wonderful.

message 15: by Beth (new)

Beth | 156 comments The World's Wife (poetry) starting out with something short, I've read 32 pgs so far

message 16: by Hilde (new)

Hilde (hilded) | 23 comments Elizabeth wrote: "84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff

Charming so far and a quick read."

I love this book, so so charming:)

message 17: by Hilde (new)

Hilde (hilded) | 23 comments I am reading Trainspotting, starting from page 90.

message 18: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla | 317 comments I'm listening to The Diary of a Bookseller by Shaun Bythell while doing chores

message 19: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katnip05) | 1 comments I’m starting with Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson.

message 20: by Cora (new)

Cora (corareading) | 128 comments Starting with Home (Binti, #2) by Nnedi Okorafor on the kindle and Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman on audio book.

Max is starting with Arf (Bowser and Birdie #2) by Spencer Quinn

message 21: by Rac (new)

Rac | 18 comments Staring today with “Dread Nation” by Justina Ireland. I will also be a zombie until this tea kicks in!

message 22: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 29 comments I'm starting with Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco
Will be switching to audiobook of Lock In (Lock In, #1) by John Scalzi when I head out

message 23: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 29 comments I'm currently reading 'Manchaster Vice' by Jack Strange.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 457 comments Hours 1-3

Listening to Audiobook while having fun with Social Media, Waking up and Breakfast

message 25: by Foxed (new)

Foxed  Folios (foxedfolios) Just finished The Buddha in The Attic by Julie Otsuka and about to start an audiobook.

message 26: by Margaret (last edited Apr 28, 2018 07:37AM) (new)

Margaret (igem36) Getting ready to read Black Bolt #2 by Saladin Ahmed Black Bolt #2 by Saladin Ahmed and Christian Ward. This is a single-issue comic I bought for Book Riot's Read Harder challenge, and ... let me read a few pages and I'll tell you how I like it ... OK (20 minutes later), I've reached the part where Creel is explaining the Jailer's motivation after the fight with (I think) Raava. Meh. I like the background art, but the characters, especially the good ones, look bland. Plot is nothing unique. Can't figure out whether the long-haired fighter is named Raava or Skrull. Not a comics reader, obviously, but I'm glad Book Riot set up three tasks for them in this year's challenge. It's fun to read something totally different from my usual - and the comics store owner (B & D in Danville, VA) was a terrific help to me in finding single issues by people of color.

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jcreamer) | 10 comments Starting Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli

message 28: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Buelow- 561 Bookgirl (561bookgirl) | 18 comments have finished the first 4: and tango makes three, avengers assemble, hindu mythology, and the time machine.

message 29: by Beth (new)

Beth | 156 comments ooh I love The Time Machine! one of my favorites
read The World's Wife & started Spin

message 30: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir

What I am currently reading at this time

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Terminal Alliance (Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse, #1) by Jim C. Hines Terminal Alliance by Jim C. Hines . First in a new science fiction genre series from a favorite author who normally writes fantasy genre.

message 32: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Moore (kamoorephoto) | 4 comments Just finished off LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff! Whoa is all I can say right now. Seriously some craziness.

message 33: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (evolbooks) | 15 comments Trying to post in the sprint post (says it’s closed) but it works here too! I read 176 pages of The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue in the hour 4 sprint! Good progress for me.

message 34: by Mel (new)

Mel | 25 comments I just finished A Million Worlds With You and now I’m drained and have a little something in my eye :D
Next up will be dinner and some small book, I haven’t decided yet

message 35: by Darlene (new)

Darlene (gryffreads) | 1 comments Used a d10 to determine which book on my list to start with. Going to be "Sourdough" by Robin Sloan, as soon as I finish my breakfast.

message 36: by Biblio_philia (last edited Apr 28, 2018 11:18AM) (new)

Biblio_philia (biblio_philia_germany) i am now reading Helden des Olymp 3 Das Zeichen der Athene by Rick Riordan
or in the original version The Mark of Athena

message 37: by Sugarrr (new)

Sugarrr | 1 comments Hi !! I started a bit late today I'm 4 hours behind :((( but at least now I have time to read ! Finally!!!!! I'm continuing Suspicion by Alexandra Monir .

message 38: by Ashley (last edited Apr 28, 2018 05:03PM) (new)

Ashley (mother_of_choscar) | 5 comments Right now I’m reading The Female Persuasion. Just started- on page 24. Still getting my feet wet.

8pm EST page128

message 39: by Nut (new)

Nut Meg (gonzogrig) | 1 comments Finally finished Anna Karenina, which I've been crawling through for months. Going to take a well deserved break before diving into Can't Just Stop: An Investigation of Compulsions, a psychology book on compulsions.

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Kelsen (lkelsen13) | 2 comments Currently halfway through Bizarre Romance by Audrey Neffenegger. My third book of the day! These short stories are quirky and highly entertaining. Can't wait to see how everyone else is doing!

message 41: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Kelsen (lkelsen13) | 2 comments Kristell wrote: "Starting the readathon on page 135 of Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1) by Robin Sloan"

I loved this book! It is one of my favorite reads of this year! enjoy :)

message 42: by Kristell (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Lauren wrote: "Kristell wrote: "Starting the readathon on page 135 of Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1) by Robin Sloan"

I loved this book! It is one of my favorite reads of this year! enjoy :)"

Thanks. It was a very interesting read. I had seen it before but never thought to pick it up. It's a good book

message 43: by Kristell (last edited Apr 28, 2018 03:24PM) (new)

Kristell | 22 comments Edit> I've changed my mind. I will read Hidden Figures The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly

I started Holocaust by Gerald Green but will stop with it at page 108 for now and will start The Potion Diaries (Potion, #1) by Amy Alward

message 44: by Carmen (last edited Apr 28, 2018 03:05PM) (new)

Carmen | 29 comments I've now shifted over to an audiobook - The Beach Cafe by Lucy Diamond that is narrated by Jane Collingwood. : )

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 457 comments Hour 4:30 - 5:50 Update -- after getting back from coffee shop and restaurant, time for a bubble bath! Tried the homemade soap for the first time that smelled just like the Ocean shoreline. When's a better time to read than in a hot bath with a face mask?? One of my favorite self-indulgent treats.

Read 193 pages of The Guersney Literary Potato Society. The book is written completely in letter formats and speaks of the time of war when it is ending in some spots and still occurring in others.

message 46: by Lupe (new)

Lupe Dominguez (lupedominguez) | 43 comments The Librarian but on Kindle. Had to choose between a paper book or one of my many Kindle choices. I went Kindle this time.

message 47: by Newly (new)

Newly Wardell | 145 comments I'm super proud I have read 3 booksThe Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven I Killed: True Stories of the Road from America's Top Comics and The Grip of Film. it's not much but most of it was incognito inspector gadget style!!

message 48: by Carol (new)

Carol Evans | 5 comments I'm almost done with The Innocents Abroad Or, The New Pilgrim’s Progress by Mark Twain

message 49: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 29 comments Finished Stalking Jack the Ripper not sure which one I will pick up next

Cobwebby Reading Reindeer Remember Ukraine 🇺🇦  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 10 comments Started 2 hours 50 minutes late;
In 11.25 hours, read in entirety Solomon's Whisper (A Liv Bergen Mystery, #5) by Sandra Brannan ,
Then read a children's picture and text, Chilly da Vinci by Jarrett Rutland (5 minutes)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.