Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking Betas for historical/literary fiction novel (160k)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by May (new)

May Bermont | 6 comments Hello!
I'm seeking Betas for the manuscript of my debut novel, which is literary/historical fiction and which I'm going to self-publish in December 2018.
The manuscript has already had readers and been edited, so it's not a first draft.
The story takes place (mainly) in England in the early 1820s.

I'm ready to do a swap with historical fiction, but I won't be able to start reading anything before mid-June. :)

Thanks in advance!

May

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Moretti (stevemoretti) | 14 comments Hi May
I am interested. Can you tell me more about your novel?

I has just finished Book I of my two-part series, Song for a Lost Kingdom. It is a time travel story, set in present day Ottawa, Canada and 18th Centuy Scotland, 18th

It's the story of a female cellist who tavels back to Scotland (1745-46) whenever she plays a certain piece of music on the oldest surviving cellos made in the UK.

I have also written a prequel to the series, about 8k words, which I am going to give away to readers who subscribe to my mailing list.

Let me know what you think. Would be interested in giving your novel a read.

Thanks.

Steve Moretti
Ottawa, Canada

message 3: by May (new)

May Bermont | 6 comments Steve wrote: "Hi May
I am interested. Can you tell me more about your novel?

I has just finished Book I of my two-part series, Song for a Lost Kingdom. It is a time travel story, set in present day Ottawa, Cana..."

Hello Steve,

Your novel sounds really interesting!

My novel focusses on a young physician who comes back to England in 1820 after two years spent in Africa.
He was meant to have died there from malaria: news of his death had been given to his family and for one year nothing had been heard of him.
He claims to have no memory of what happened to him and to have no connection with a failed expedition to Timbuktu, which took place at the same time.
Back in England, he tries come to terms with what happened to him and what he did.

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Moretti (stevemoretti) | 14 comments That sounds quite interesting. I'd love to read it.

I will send you an email and see about the best way to connect. What are your plans for publishing?

message 5: by May (new)

May Bermont | 6 comments I've sent you an email with the first chapters of my novel.
I'm planning to self-publish at the the end of 2018, probably through KDP.

message 6: by Steve (new)

Steve Moretti (stevemoretti) | 14 comments Thanks, got it! I sent you my Prequel as well.

message 7: by Oksana (new)

Oksana W | 140 comments Hi May, are you still open to doing swaps with historical fiction? I have a manuscript set in WWII Poland that I would love feedback on. If you'd like to swap come June, that would be awesome! Please feel free to email me at AWCardiff@gmail.com, I can give you a more detailed summary if you want as well.

Cheers, hope to hear from you!

message 8: by Railee (new)

Railee (rmwhitaker) | 2 comments May, I would love to beta read for you! No swap necessary.

message 9: by May (new)

May Bermont | 6 comments ChessPawn wrote: "Hi May, are you still open to doing swaps with historical fiction? I have a manuscript set in WWII Poland that I would love feedback on. If you'd like to swap come June, that would be awesome! Plea..."

I've sent you an email! :)

message 10: by May (new)

May Bermont | 6 comments Railee wrote: "May, I would love to beta read for you! No swap necessary."

That would be lovely, thank you!
Do you want me to send you the manuscript by email?