Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Pukka tea, me and wonderful books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

1) Oslo, norway. 2) Honestly? All of them seem fantastic.3) I havent planned snacks, I do have oreos so I probably will eat that. 4) I` m studuying library and information science 5) first readathon, not sure the sosial aspect. Yes I havent oficially participated before but I have spent many days in my life just reading. So the new thing for me will be the sosial aspect

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished my first book of the readathon.
The Last Beginning (The Next Together, #2) by Lauren James
HIGHLY HIGHLY recomend it.
Will start The Accidental Movie Star (Accidental #1) by Emily Evans

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I dnf-ed accidental movie star.
Started Dear Luke, We Need to Talk, Darth And Other Pop Culture Correspondences by John Moe
and Agatha Christie A Biography by Janet Morgan
and Shadowshaper (Shadowshaper, #1) by Daniel José Older and read each for a bit before I switched.
I finished Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare early today before I needed some sleep.
not sure which book to continue now. probably Dear Luke, We Need to Talk, Darth And Other Pop Culture Correspondences by John Moe

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

1. What are you reading right now?

just finished a book continuing with the agatha christie bio

2. How many books have you read so far?

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

the fandom by anna day

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

I slept for 4-5 hours. other than that not big ones.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
that there are hourly updates I personally think that is too many. I read in long chunks usually. I think beginning ,middle and end would be enough.

SadieReadsAgain (sadiestartsagain) | 157 comments Awesome progress!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "Awesome progress!"

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
hmmm.. not sure I never intended to stay up all night that would have been too hard for me. I slept but not for very long. so maybe most daunting would be this morning. tired and sick of reading actually :0 I know.
2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!

Do the dnf ones count? I did read lots of them.I dnf-ed Shadowshaper it just wasent for me. Also the fandom by anna day nah nuh nuh not my cup of tea. I finished: Last beginning by Lauren James, Clockwork angel by cassandra clare, Dear luke, we have to talk by john moe
3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
The last beginning. ZERO COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT Read it!!!!

4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile?

I thought this one worked good so not sure.
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?
planning on participating in october.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Not sure but might do the reverse readathon. Will be in my cabin so maybe but wount have internet so will just be updating after I finish it.

message 9: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Oda Renate wrote: "Not sure but might do the reverse readathon. Will be in my cabin so maybe but wount have internet so will just be updating after I finish it."

Oooh being in a cabin for a Readathon sounds so wonderful!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Tecnically I have internett just not wifi. Expensive cellular net. Alredy read lots this week. But will probably continue during the weekend. I have been rereading stephanie plum books.

message 11: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Oda Renate wrote: "Tecnically I have internett just not wifi. Expensive cellular net. Alredy read lots this week. But will probably continue during the weekend. I have been rereading stephanie plum books."

I still haven't gotten around to reading those yet!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Just checked it starts 2 in the morning for me so will probably read when I wake up. Also going hiking and bizzy evening but will read some

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) | 72 comments Oda Renate wrote: "Tecnically I have internett just not wifi. Expensive cellular net. Alredy read lots this week. But will probably continue during the weekend. I have been rereading stephanie plum books."

That's my mom's favorite series. She read them when I was in high school, and my dad and I could always tell when she was reading them because we could hear her cackling and sobbing laughing from across the house 😂😂😂

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) I love Pukka tea. Well, I have only tried "love" but I really enjoy that one. They're hard to find where I live.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished my first book. Bizzy so unsure how much more reading I will do. Amber huh. Your mom likes them too.. well they are adult books but still not sure I like having a mom book taste

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I ended up only reading one book and starting another. Still it was nice doing it. Both were rereads.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I will be participating in this one as well.
Thinking I will read, practical magic, the count of monte cristo, and maybe Reunion (The Mediator, #3) by Meg Cabot

message 18: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Welcome back! Good list! I loved The Count of Monte Cristo.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Elyse wrote: "Welcome back! Good list! I loved The Count of Monte Cristo."

Thanks.
I`m sure you have a good one as well.
I saw the movie years ago and loved it, reading it with a group am in.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I got the count of monte cristo today from the library it has 500 pages so quic googling tells me it a briged version. But it was the one I found so will read it.

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 20, 2018 03:11AM) (new)

Changed my tbr to Ninth Key (The Mediator, #2) by Meg Cabot , abbriviated count of monte crito, and a book about norwegian interesting people. off course may do others as well depends on how fast I read.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Had a bizzy afternoon so starting late,aka now.
Making coco atm.
Starting q`s.
What part of the world are you reading from?
Klepp, Norway.
Which book are you most looking forward too?
Hard to choose, but Ninth key since I know its a good one cause its a reread.
Which snack are you looking most forward to?
Oreos and coco.
Tell us a little something about yourself.
I`m a librerian by education, though still looking for a job. So atm a fulltime reader. haha! :D
If you participated in the last one what is one thing you will do differently this time?
hmm. Not sure. simply adding coco as beverage? Not starting early.

message 23: by Elsi (new)

Elsi (elsielsi) | 110 comments Have a great readathon!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Elsi wrote: "Have a great readathon!"

Thanks Elsi. You too. :D

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished Ninth key, starting the non fiction book now, good choice I think cause it has pictures and short text so my tired mind can easily read it.

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 21, 2018 01:48AM) (new)

Dewey's 24 hour Readathon Mid-(ish)-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
33 amazing norwegians. ( 33 utrolige nordmenn) a norwegian nonfiction book about what the title says. Interesting read.

2. How many books have you read so far?
Only one, was bizzy yesterday, and tired so slept 7 hours. Plan to read more or less non stop till the ending though.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Except the one I am reading, I am curios about the count of monte cristo which I want to at least start.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Ish I have had, times when I have read slightly less. Like yesterday when I focused more on a sitcom I was watching, and I had one eye on a sining competicion. But other than that not many. Dont mind those. You need breaks even from reading.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Idk..Nothing comes to mind. I have done it twice now so I`m familiar with it.

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate | 409 comments Never mind about starting late. I've had a few distractions myself! I'm sure you'll make some progress in the closing hours. :)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. I just finished my second book.
Planning to start the third now.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

What happens when its in the last few hours on the readahon, youre taking a small break before starting the last book.

Well if youre me you start sining the Blackadder theme :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
hmm The last before I went to bed last night and the first when I woe up. You know being tired and all.

2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!
Ninth key by Meg Cabot
33 utrolige nordmenn(a norwegian book, its not translated but its called 33 amazing norwegians)
Started the count of monte carlo

3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?
Honestly? All of them.

4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you happy?
Give out free tardises? Honestly, it works fine as it is in my opinon.

5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?
Well highly as this is my second one. I really enjoy it, even though I sleep for a long time during it, talking to you guys about books is really fun.

message 31: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Great job, Oda!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Elyse wrote: "Great job, Oda!"

Thank you :D

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I will be doing the readathon this weekend.
I do have plans on saturday, it start saturday afternoon for me, wount be able to read before satruday evening. And have plans on sunday, still want to read a bit and join the fun as much as I can.
Might do fruit snacks this time.
Not sure about my tbr yet thinking I will post it on friday, have time tomorrow and friday to read as well so wount know for sure which books I will read sat before friday. A bit silly to post a tbr today and then edit it daily, because I finished half the books.

message 34: by Angie (new)

Angie | 159 comments Oda Renate wrote: "I will be doing the readathon this weekend.
I do have plans on saturday, it start saturday afternoon for me, wount be able to read before satruday evening. And have plans on sunday, still want to r..."

Hey Oda Renate, great to hear that you are going to participate in another Dewey's Readathon. Don't worry about joining late on Saturday, lots of us have to customize our reading time due to other commitments. Happy reading!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Flauscheohr wrote: "Oda Renate wrote: "I will be doing the readathon this weekend.
I do have plans on saturday, it start saturday afternoon for me, wount be able to read before satruday evening. And have plans on sund..."

Thanks.
Happy reading to you too :)

message 36: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Welcome back!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I had planned to read a bit today,but the time got away from me. And atm too tired to read. Might read a bit tomorrow though.

message 38: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Oda Renate wrote: "I had planned to read a bit today,but the time got away from me. And atm too tired to read. Might read a bit tomorrow though."

It's all good! Read when you can and when you want! Reading should never be a chore.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. Feeling not so good today but managed 5 pages so thats something.

message 40: by M (new)

M (masanobu) | 39 comments Oda, if you've read even one sentence you've already succeeded at the readathon! Have fun reading, but rest if you need to!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished one comic book so yeay. Unsure if I will read more.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Summary of this readathon:
I was sick and bizzy so I only finished two comic books. But hey they were fun, and having fun is all that matters.
I did have fun seeing what everybody else was reading.

message 43: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1300 comments Oh no, so sorry you weren’t feeling well. Glad to hear you did enjoy your comics though. Hope you’ll feel better soon!

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 08, 2019 01:55AM) (new)

Susy wrote: "Oh no, so sorry you weren’t feeling well. Glad to hear you did enjoy your comics though. Hope you’ll feel better soon!"

I was better by last night, and better today, though still not 100 %. its been a long week so could be something like that. You know stress.

message 45: by Susan (new)

Susan | 469 comments Take care of yourself. Glad you got to read a bit!

message 46: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 1300 comments Oda Renate wrote: "I was better by last night, and better today, though still not 100 %. its been a long week so could be something like that. You know stress. "

I sure do!
Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I will be participating this weekend, but will be visiting my sister. Its suppose to be sunny so could read outside, I got some books from the library. Still not sure which ones I will be reading, so might be more of a " I read this" than an exact tbr first.
Also will probably update about the weekend on monday because of me being on the visit.

message 48: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Welcome back! Hope you have fun with your sister! But still manage to sneak in some reading. ;)

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 31, 2019 09:30AM) (new)

Elyse wrote: "Welcome back! Hope you have fun with your sister! But still manage to sneak in some reading. ;)"

Thanks.
The focus will be on Isak my nephew, he is around 3 months, he just started to laugh :)
But yes there will be reading as well.

message 50: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Oda Renate wrote: "Elyse wrote: "Welcome back! Hope you have fun with your sister! But still manage to sneak in some reading. ;)"

Thanks.
The focus will be on Isak my nephew, he is around 3 months, he just started t..."

Awww cute!!!!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.