Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Diane's Day

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Green Bay, WI, USA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Beneath a Scarlet Sky
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Popcorn!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
This is my 2nd Read-a-Thon and I just had surgery on Monday, so I'm a little high on pain meds!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I have done a better job preparing this year (I hope!)

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments I am going to continue using this for the July Read-a-Thon

message 3: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Do you have a potential list? Snacks? I love seeing peoples' lists!

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments I'm trying to finish off my currently reading list of:

In the Vines by Shannon Kirk
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut (p.s. Super weird book. I am not sure how I feel about it.)

And if there's still time, I'm thinking I'll start Daughter of Smoke & Bone. We shall see how things go.

As for snacks, I don't really have many as I am on a diet, so I'm thinking I will be taking breaks to do some low-key exercise instead.

message 5: by Jana (new)

Jana Eichhorn | 171 comments Hey, another Wisconsinite! I'm a few hours south of you, in Racine. :)

message 6: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Diane wrote: "I'm trying to finish off my currently reading list of:

In the Vines by Shannon Kirk
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut (p.s. Super w..."

Oh yes SF5 is VERY weird. lol.

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments Jana wrote: "Hey, another Wisconsinite! I'm a few hours south of you, in Racine. :)"

In the world of Goodreads, hey neighbor!!!!

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments I have finished In the Vines by Shannon Kirk! I am laid-up in bed with bronchitis and pleurisy (chest wall inflammation), so I have nothing better to do than read.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Diane wrote: "I have finished In the Vines by Shannon Kirk! I am laid-up in bed with bronchitis and pleurisy (chest wall inflammation), so I have nothing better to do than read."

Sorry you are sick! But good job on finishing a book already! Good luck!

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments Thank you!

message 11: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgotauco) | 38 comments I am putting off my muscle relaxer as long as possible because I know I'll have to conknout soon after!

Also a fellow popcorn fan. Is it a bad sign that I already need some??

message 12: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments I'm craving popcorn so much. I'm trying to hold off until I need to take meds again. Good luck and itotally get the conk out thing.

message 13: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Diane wrote: "I have finished In the Vines by Shannon Kirk! I am laid-up in bed with bronchitis and pleurisy (chest wall inflammation), so I have nothing better to do than read."

Oh no! That stinks. If I were reading in bed, sleep would happen too quickly! lol. I was having a hard time staying awake on the couch! Good luck!

message 14: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments Ready for 10/26/19. Not sure why I haven't posted in over a year, but here goes!!!!!

message 15: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1868 comments Welcome back, Diane!

message 16: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments Finished: Once Upon a Prince

Started: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century

Pages read: 89

message 17: by Nadia (new)

Nadia Batista (booksbynadia) | 86 comments Hey Diane! How's the readathon treating you? Welcome to Hour 12!

message 18: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 23 comments Thanks. Pretty good. I'm not reading as much as I'd like, but I've enjoyed what I've read so far and that is more important!