Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Shannan's Readathon April 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments Less than an hour before the Readathon. I am revising my stack yet again. I am not feeling particularly well but I may end up reading children's books and listening to audiobooks till I feel a little better. The readathon starts around 2pm my time here in Italy.

message 2: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments Pre-Readathon Survey:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Italy
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Finishing up the The Velvet Hours
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Cookies
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a mom of 4 kids
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I will try to not get as distracted but It is kind of hard with a large family. Luckily they will be out most of the day getting their hair done. If I can get my husband off the couch to take them out the door.

message 3: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments First hour consisted of me listening to the The Velvet Hours on audio book while straightening up my kitchen and working on the laundry. I will probably finish this book within the second hour. This book is so good. I highly recommend it.

message 4: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments First book completed:

I completed The Velvet Hours by Alyson Richman. A very good read based on a true story of an Abandoned Apartment in the 9th arrondiesement in Paris. The original owner was Madame DeFlorian. There is an article if you google it.

message 5: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments I this 3/4th hour I completed my second book which I was also reading before the readathon called The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir.

This is the story of the Missing Princes in the tower who bones were found on the reign of Charles II. Form your own opinion one who was responsible for the death. I know the author did.

message 6: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Italy! Lucky you! Hope your family stays "busy" and you get plenty of reading time in.

message 7: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments Ann A wrote: "Italy! Lucky you! Hope your family stays "busy" and you get plenty of reading time in."

Thanks they are but they will be on their way home soon.

message 8: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments Hour 7 brings a completion of my 3rd book for the readathon. Mystery of the Dark Tower (American Girl History Mysteries, #6) by Evelyn Coleman is a book set in 1928. It is about a little girl named Bessie who with her brother is sent out of her home in North Carolina to live in Harlem New York during the height of the Harlem Renaissance. Here she finds out her family has a lot of secrets and in those days they had the train of though that children should not worry themselves about grown folks business. This is a good book to teach your child about life back then in a comfortable format.

Up Next: I will read another children's novel called Whistler in the Dark (American Girl History Mysteries, #16) by Kathleen Ernst

This one is set in 1867.

message 9: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments In this 9th hour I have completed 4 books with a total pages read of 448 pages total so far. That last book completed was Whistler in the Dark (American Girl History Mysteries, #16) by Kathleen Ernst .

The next one on my docket will be my last physical copy book which is another children's book before I graduate over back to an ebook so I will not keep my husband up since it is 11pm Central European Time.

Up next is: Nellie's Promise (American Girls Samantha, #7) by Valerie Tripp

message 10: by Shannan Lee (new)

Shannan Lee | 51 comments Completed another book this hour. I am so exhausted now it is 12am. I just finished a quick children's book. I will continue another book I have been reading for awhile but I will probably end up falling asleep because I can barely keep my eyes open.

So up next is: Can You Forgive Her? (Palliser, #1) by Anthony Trollope