Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Obsession Falls (Virtue Falls #2)
This topic is about Obsession Falls
Non-Linda Books of the Month > May '18 Non-LH BOTM - Obsession Falls

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new)

Tanvi (trwriteratwork) | 1121 comments Mod
In Obsession Falls, New York Times bestselling author Christina Dodd returns to the town of Virtue Falls, Washington-an idyllic place on the surface, but one that holds close its secrets...

When Taylor Summers witnesses the death threat to a young boy, she does the only thing she can do-she sacrifices herself to distract the killers. Her reward is a life in ruins, on the run in the wilderness, barely surviving a bitter winter and the even more bitter knowledge she has lost everything: her career, her reputation, her identity. She finds refuge in Virtue Falls, and there comes face to face with the knowledge that, to live her life again, she must enlist the help of the man who does not trust her to defeat the man who would destroy her.

She's being hunted, but it's time to turn the tables....

message 2: by Eve (last edited Apr 28, 2018 07:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Obsession Falls was my first book by Christina Dodd.
I really enjoy books with strong and resourceful heroines who may be in peril but they come out of difficult situations and won't break down even when everything seems to be lost. Its also in a way a survival story -- what will you do when you have to start your life from nothing, your reputation in ruins, with no one to turn for, with harsh cold winter coming and someone sinister after you because you accidentally stumbled in the middle of battle of two powerful men...

This book is full of danger, interesting characters, adventure and obsession.

I hope you enjoy the journey.

And please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.
What worked for you, what didn't?
Who was your favorite character, who you disliked?
What did you think of the ending?

message 3: by Marika (last edited May 01, 2018 03:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marika | 78 comments Loved this story. Look forward re-reading this one.
"Obsession Falls" has the best kick-ass and headstrong females. There were so many twists and turns my head was spinning. The villain was facinatingly charismatic but so deadly. What a waste of gorgeous looks...

message 4: by Eve (last edited May 21, 2018 11:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Glad you liked it Marika :)

Taylor was one of the best heroines indeed. The way she survived and took care of herself...her will and strength, wow. I liked how she told Kennedy, “You don’t know jackshit about survival,” and in the end, she saved her own and Kennedy's life with some careful cunning and strategy — and by breaking the rules of the game. I want more heroine like her.

I also enjoyed villain of this story -- he was different from villains we usually find in the stories. At first I thought he's going to be our heroine's love interest but no, he turned out to be rotten to the gore. But still he was very charismatic and even facinating, and perhaps even more dangerous because of that.

What did you think of the ending of OBSESSION FALLS?
It felt like a cliffhanger but in later books this couple hasn't made cameo appearance, nor villain of ObF. So I guess that ending of ObF was meant to make reader wonder what happened at the cliff ((view spoiler) Its kinda haunting ending I must admit.

Have you read the alternative ending (available on Dodd's website)? Do you like it better?
https://www.christinadodd.com/alterna...

Marika | 78 comments Tnx for the link. I so enjoy this kind of endings. Its very rare book has alternative endings, I enjoyed both of them. This story had me wondering - imagine "what if...".