What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
This topic is about Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A girl and her mother?? Possible Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoë (new)

Zoë Bigelow | 3 comments I read a book ages ago in elementary school that I believe was a YA fiction novel. I can’t remember the title or much of the story for the life of me, and now that I’ve remembered it, I can’t continue not knowing. I’ll try to provide as much information as I can. I remember it was about a girl who’s mother I believe was mentally ill. Her dad, I don’t think, wanted much to do with the family. The girl’s mother liked buying dresses from thrift stores, I think. I remember one scene where the girl’s mother got a credit card. The father was upset at how often she used it, and there was an arguement. At some point (SPOILER…maybe) the girl’s mother gets hit with a car, I think??? (POTENTIAL SPOILER DONE). It’s been a really long time and the most memorable scene for me is the credit card one. It took place in the late 20th century, I believe. Sorry if this isn’t much information to go off of! I can’t seem to find it even though I’ve managed to find books on much, much less. I think it had a bit of a long title.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
About what year did you read it? We don't know when you were in elementary school.

Where is it set? Country/region/city etc.

message 3: by Zoë (new)

Zoë Bigelow | 3 comments Sometime between 2010-2012. I read it in fourth or fifth grade. It was set in America, can’t remember what state. Possibly a southern one.

message 5: by Zoë (new)

Zoë Bigelow | 3 comments Yes! Thank you, Rosa!

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments You’re welcome, Zoe. Happy reading!