Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > 25 - Bust the TBR (48/50)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GabsAboutBooks (last edited Apr 29, 2018 08:14AM) (new)

GabsAboutBooks Let's get those TBR books read. Read a book that has been on your book shelf for more than 1 year. Goal: 50.

Progress: 48

message 2: by Gnoe (new)

Gnoe Graasland | 31 comments \0/ The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel -- Aquired and started reading in 2016... Couldn't get into it and put it on hold several times but didn't want to discard it. And now it's finished!!! #happydance Definitely worth it.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Bought in 2016 - The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments The Sun Also Rises - Been on my TBR since 2013. Finally getting around to it.

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Was excited to read in 2017, but just never got around to it, until now. Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimammanda Ngozi Adichie

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs. TBR since 2012

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan (meggomustreadbooks) | 32 comments the shining and IT by Stephen King, dead to the world and dead as a doornail by Charlene Harris. the road to Jonestown: Jim Jones and the people's temple by Jeff Guinn Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows.

message 9: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks update message 8.

message 12: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 17 comments Added in 2015: If I Was Your Girl

message 13: by Krissa (new)

message 14: by Krissa (new)

message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2 comments Think I bought The Circle in 2014 and reading it now.

message 16: by Cindy (new)

Cindy The Rose Garden has been pushed to the back of my Kindle since 2016. I forgot it was downloaded, until I was searching for a time travel book.

message 18: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 5 comments Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood has been on my shelf since I read his other book years ago. I finished the book an hour or so ago and want to see the movie now!

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 209 comments Finished Night (The Night Trilogy, #1) by Elie Wiesel
It had been on my TBR since 2013.

message 24: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 350 comments The Beautifull Cassandra (on tbr since Feb 2017)
How Much Land Does a Man Need? (on tbr since Sept 2016)

message 25: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (miriam_w13) | 18 comments Gregor the Overlander - since 2013

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 7 comments To Charm a Naughty Countess has been on my list since 2015.

message 27: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 347 comments Red: The Heroic Rescue-I;ve had this sitting on my shelf for almost 4 years

message 28: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks update message 27.

message 29: by Luiza (new)

Luiza Sandru (luizasandru) | 17 comments Sense and Sensibility since 2009 lol

message 30: by Karsyn (new)

Karsyn  (imzadi) Busting TBR

Mission Hurricane ~ added Oct 5, 2016

message 32: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Saving Red by Sonya Sones - bought in 2016

message 33: by Susan (new)

Susan | 665 comments Fair Play by Tove Jansson (since 2012)

message 34: by Christine (new)

Christine (lurani) | 36 comments The Bookshop on the Corner Got the book February 2017.. just now finally read it!

message 36: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 5 comments I just finished Kathy Smith's Getting Better All the Time and I think it's been on my shelf for about 10 years!

message 37: by Megan (new)

Megan (meggomustreadbooks) | 32 comments just finished turn of the screw. Great book.

message 38: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks message 37-updated. We are getting so close to 50!

message 39: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 25 comments Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep. Read April 28, 2018. Added to my to-read shelf on July 20, 2015.

message 40: by Ashly (new)

message 42: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (cyqua) | 55 comments The Carnivorous Carnival - had it on my physical shelves since 2012

message 43: by Susy (new)

message 44: by Hilde (new)

Hilde (hilded) | 23 comments Trainspotting

Rachel- Goodbye Borders (rachelgoodbyeborders) | 7 comments Goddess With a Blade; on Mt TBR since 2011.

message 47: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks We got so close with 48!!

message 48: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Apr 29, 2018 02:23PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Dark Heir.

ETA: I asked on the question thread but If preorders that were on the TBR pile more than a year count then also Terminal Alliance

message 50: by Joy (new)

Joy (joystory) | 13 comments The Dance of the Dissident Daughter A Woman's Journey from Christian Tradition to the Sacred Feminine by Sue Monk Kidd

I've owned this book for years and kept starting it over. But the font was so tiny that even with the help of magnification it strained my eyes. So i was thrilled to find it on BARD nls.loc.gov a service for the print impaired that allows downloads to aps on mobile devices for those who qualify

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.