Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Brittany's Readathon place

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 29 comments Never done one before but looking forward to it!

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 29 comments I'm hoping to read for at least 12 hours. There's a good chance I will read more than 12 hours with audiobook time but I will leave it at that for now.
My attempted reading list, subject to change on a whim:

I will finish listening to Lock In (Lock In, #1) by John Scalzi

Intend to read from the following: Library Wars Love & War, Vol. 2 (Library Wars Love & War #2) by Kiiro Yumi Library Wars Love & War, Vol. 3 (Library Wars Love & War #3) by Kiiro Yumi Cast in Flame (Chronicles of Elantra, #10) by Michelle Sagara The Last Piece of My Heart by Paige Toon Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3) by Maria V. Snyder The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Furiously Happy A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 29 comments 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Winnipeg, MB, CAN

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Everything! But I started with Stalking Jack the Ripper

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
um.. I don't really have anything specific. Basically whatever I feel like eating.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I just wrote the licensing exam for Cardiology Technologists and am in the horrible waiting period to see how I did.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Its my first one, looking forward to getting some extra reading in and talking to people about books

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 29 comments I've only managed to read for 3.25 hours so far.
1hour 50 min listening to Lock In
1 hour 25 min reading Stalking Jack the Ripper

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 29 comments read 2.25 hours finished Stalking Jack the Ripper

listened to 15 more minutes of lock in

total time today 5.75 hours

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 29 comments Started Mistborn read for 30 min got to page 30. Great start to the book!

Only managed to read 6.25 hours today. Far away from 24 but hey, life happens. Maybe I will get more read during the next one!