Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 18: April 29-May 5 (Fun and Games)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments I'm finally done my exams for the semester! I have some commitments this weekend, but next week I am free to start reading, writing, and having fun again. My mom and I are also going to try and create our own game (something I used to do a lot when I was little!), so the theme for the week of April 29th to May 5th is FUN AND GAMES ;) I wanted to post a little early to give everyone a chance to find a book.

Choose one or more of the following challenges for the week:
1. Read a book with a title that begins with the letter F U or N
2. Read a book by an author whose last initial is either G A M E or S
3. Read a book where the main character plays a game or enters a competition

Bonus option: What book have you read that you think is the most fun, and why? You don't have to reread the book for the challenge, just tell us about it and what makes it a fun read :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I absolutely love this challenge, Kaitlyn! Thank you so, so, SO much for hosting this week! :)

message 3: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "I absolutely love this challenge, Kaitlyn! Thank you so, so, SO much for hosting this week! :)"

Aww, thank you! I was so excited to host a week :D

message 4: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments I'm going to be doing Challenge #2 this week:
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead
Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

message 5: by Abbie (last edited May 07, 2018 03:46AM) (new)

Abbie (abbietenchie) | 191 comments Oh I love this! I'll find a book for this challenge. :)

Update: I read Party Games (Fear Street Relaunch, #1) by R.L. Stine because I love horror. Rated it 4 stars

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31455 comments I'm going with option #1 and reading: First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones

it's supposed to be funny so we'll see :)

message 7: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Well, I failed my own challenge XD I finished my book this morning instead of last night like I'd hoped :p

I also want to add, since I made it a bonus option (so I should do it!), a book that I consider fun is The Elite by Kiera Cass <3 It's the second book in the series, but there's such a great mixture of joy and shock and a lot of things going on! In my opinion, it's more exciting than The Selection and The One ;) I always love reading it!

I'm sure there are a lot of other fun books that I've read as well, but that was the first that came to mind :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Kaitlyn wrote: "Well, I failed my own challenge XD I finished my book this morning instead of last night like I'd hoped :p

I also want to add, since I made it a bonus option (so I should do it!), a book that I co..."

Ooooo, I really enjoyed The Elite! :)