YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Tear You Apart (Beau Rivage, #2)
This topic is about Tear You Apart
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Tear You Apart (ARC) by Sarah Cross - Starting July 28

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dana (last edited Jul 27, 2014 09:07PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments Buddy read with me and Amanda feel free to join :)

Description:

An edgy fairy tale retelling of "Snow White" set in the world of Kill Me Softly for fans of Once Upon a Time and Grimm.

Faced with a possible loophole to her "Snow White" curse, Viv goes underground, literally, to find the prince who's fated to rescue her. But is life safe in the Underworld worth the price of sacrficing the love that might kill her?

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments I hope Margarita can join us. :) Did you read Kill Me Softly? Because I haven't.

Dana | 893 comments Nope,I didn't know there was a prequel since the book says 1/15. I think we will be fine though :)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments I am looking forward to this one. What timezone are you in? I'm in NY so it's almost 1 a.m. here.

Dana | 893 comments I'm just outside Toronto so same timezone. We are night owls :P

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Awesome! Have you ever read any other retellings? I keep hearing good things about Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge and I have the audio book.

Dana | 893 comments I don't often read re-tellings. I too heard about cruel beauty but i missed the chance at the free audio.

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments I have a hard time listening to audiobooks without a copy to read a long with. I get distracted because I can do other things while listening.

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 8% I found this humorous (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments This book is pretty comical. 10% (view spoiler)

message 11: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments 10%(view spoiler)

message 12: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments 20%(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments I find that too many characters are introduced too fast and I don't remember all of them. Maybe that's just me though.

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Dana wrote: "20%[spoilers removed]"

I agree with everything you just said. (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 23% (view spoiler)

message 16: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments No I'm having trouble remembering them all too, doesn't help that I'm rusty on my fairy tales either :P

message 17: by Dana (last edited Jul 28, 2014 11:59AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments Amanda wrote: "23% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 27%(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments There are definitely a lot of fairy tales that I've never heard of.

message 20: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments I wonder if they are from Grimm fairy tales?

message 21: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments I actually requested the Grimms fairy tales book from Netgalley because of this book lol

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Me too! It's gotten me so intrigued by what the other stories are.

message 23: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments lol great minds think alike. Speak of the devil I just got approved for it. Luckily its a kindle download, I was worried it might be an adobe one.

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments I don't know if they're all Grimm fairy tales, because they mentioned a Greek one.

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 30%(view spoiler)

message 26: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments Amanda wrote: "30%[spoilers removed]"
(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 41% End of chapter 19 (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 42% End of chapter 20 (view spoiler)

message 29: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments 50%(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Dana wrote: "50%[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 54% end of chapter 26 (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Look what I found! Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess, #1) by Jessica Day George And the fairy tale that this one is based off of is a Grimm one. Oh and I got the Grimm fairy tales from netgalley if you ever want to buddy read them.

message 33: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments 64%(view spoiler)

message 34: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments Sure I'd love to buddyread that with you. Not sure how long it is, if it is long we could just have an extended read with a few stories a week?

message 35: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments Amanda wrote: "Look what I found! Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess, #1) by Jessica Day George And the fairy tale that this one is based off of is a Grimm one. Oh and I got the Grimm fairy tales from netgalley if you ever w..."

I've never heard of that book, did you get it from Netgalley?

message 36: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments Amanda wrote: "54% end of chapter 26 [spoilers removed]"

I don't think so but I am curious about whats going on with her.

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Dana wrote: "Sure I'd love to buddyread that with you. Not sure how long it is, if it is long we could just have an extended read with a few stories a week?"

Yeah that sounds really good!

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments I didn't get that book from Netgalley, one of my friends just reviewed it and I was like 'Oh that fairy tale is mentioned a billion times in this book.'

And I figured out what was going on with Luxe (view spoiler)

message 39: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments Luxe(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Dana wrote: "64%[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Dana wrote: "Luxe[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 42: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments 72%(view spoiler)

message 43: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments 100%(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Dana wrote: "72%[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 90%(view spoiler)

message 46: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments Amanda wrote: "90%[spoilers removed]"

I actually kinda chuckled at that, it was just so ridiculous. The pin concept grossed me out though.Bleck

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Hey I read your review. What plot holes are you talking about? Because I think I may have missed it.

message 48: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments (view spoiler)

Also, would you like to schedule a buddy read for the Grimm Fairy Tales?

message 50: by Dana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dana | 893 comments Yeah I guess I am a bit slow lol. I was just confused about that issue. I agree about the character introductions.It seems like we both had the same issues with this book, though I have a feeling you are a more forgiving reader than me lol.

For the buddy anytime works for me. Since it's just short stories I can work it in whenever. What works for you?

« previous 1