Brontë Book Club discussion

Jane Eyre > Adaptations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Powrie (lucythereader) | 21 comments Mod
Share your favourite adaptations of Jane Eyre here, whether they be TV, film, radio, or other!

Why do you love them? Are there any that you think aren't as good?

message 2: by Kay (new)

Kay J | 1 comments I read a book called a breath of Eyre, from Eve Marie Mont, i really liked it.

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizbot29) | 2 comments I actually originally got into the Bröntes when I watched the 2011 movie adaptation of Jane Eyre for a project at school (before I read the book unfortunately) and fell in love!

message 4: by Iris (new)

Iris Bratton (b-ratton) | 4 comments I just recently read the manga adaptation of Jane Eyre. It was a very interesting take on the book. It made for a quick, truncated version of the story which is nice if you're looking for a quick refresher. The illustrations were very cute.

Thia Reads A Lot (thiareadsalot) | 8 comments As mentioned by ashappyasiget, the BBC adaptation with Ruth Wilson and Toby Stevens is beautiful. I always see Jane Eyre as Ruth Wilson now.
I have listened to three audiobook versions of Jane Eyre so far. Amanda Root's was fine, as was Juliet Stevenson's, but my favourite has to be Thandie Newton's (even if she doesn't speak the french parts correctly sometimes).

message 6: by Nath (new)

Nath (iamnaythmoore) | 1 comments I love the film adaptation starring Michael Fassbender

message 7: by CBell (new)

CBell | 5 comments Nath wrote: "I love the film adaptation starring Michael Fassbender"

This was my favorite version also. But then again I have yet to see the Ruth Wilson version - though I think the director took some creative liberty with the passionate scenes between her and Toby in this version, so not quite like the book.