Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Audio Help!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9352 comments Those of you who know me, know I am extremely low tech. Its amazing I get through the world. So with all your help, I downloaded the app for audible.com, and its free for 30 days and they give you a free book. So I ordered The Stolen Marriage and finished and reviewed it. They have my credit card on file. So why can't I figure out what buttons I press on the app to order a new book? If It tells me that if I purchase it on Amazon.com or Audible.com it will show up in my library. Oh.... Do i go on Safari on my phone ant look up audible.com and do it that way and it somehow dumps in? Or can I do it somehow through the app on my phone?I'd love to order the thing tonight.

message 2: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3110 comments I don't think you can order books form the app, Amy. You'll have to go to the audible wed site and sign into your account.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9352 comments And then it shows up on the app in the library? That sounds easy- even for me...

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9352 comments OK, that was simple. Thank you so much. I actually forget your name. Is it Julie/Julia? Jess? Or do you just prefer to go by JGrace?

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments you can order books from the audible app. you go to the store on the app. select book, then at the bottom is the option to order.

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments or can you only purchase with your free credit. not sure about that.

message 7: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments You cannot actually use the Audible app to purchase books — at least not if using an iPhone. You have to go to the website, the reason is that if you purchased a book through the app, it is considered an “in-app” purchase and the Apple store would get a small percentage of the purchase. This may be different for Android since I think that Amazon owns the Android store.

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments JoLene, you are right. even for android. you can only purchase your 1 free book through the app.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9352 comments I think that’s why I was confused. Not as dull as I thought. It was only as I was writing that I started to figure out what They meant by saying going to audible.com. And the mystery JG helped me figure that out. So I guess it’s time to start a new audio because I have another few hours left on my project. Still working on my video montage situation, and it’s due by the end of Sunday night. So here is my Friday night plan, not your usual Shabbat evening. Practice with the middle guy, already read with the little guy and dropped off oldest guy at track team dinner. Managed to feed them, watch MacGyver with the beloved middle guy, and then start Little Fires Everywhere as I finish scanning pictures from the most recent last year and a half plus a batch representing five years of summer camp. It rained today, so no baseball game, practice, or soccer practice. I think everyone and I hope you all have a nice weekend. I hope you all have a cozy book to enjoy, no matter where you are weekend takes you.

message 10: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3110 comments Amy wrote: "I think that’s why I was confused. Not as dull as I thought. It was only as I was writing that I started to figure out what They meant by saying going to audible.com. And the mystery JG helped me f..."

It's Judith, Amy. I'm glad you asked. (not just about my name) I've learned something I didn't know about the audible app.

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9352 comments That’s right, Judith. Closest I was coming was Julia but it didn’t feel right. Schoolteacher for many years, right? Recently I was telling Anita I have a steel trap memory. Thank you so much!

message 12: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments JoLene wrote: "You cannot actually use the Audible app to purchase books — at least not if using an iPhone. You have to go to the website, the reason is that if you purchased a book through the app, it is conside..."

This seems really counter-intuitive. Why wouldn't audible want users to be able to buy straight through the app? I'm not an audible user- but if I was this would definitely prevent me from spending more money, by not being able to buy straight through the app.

message 13: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Audible/Amazon doesn't want any money going to Apple. I would agree with you, but it's actually the same on the Amazon app -- you can't buy kindle books on it.

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) JoLene wrote: "Audible/Amazon doesn't want any money going to Apple. I would agree with you, but it's actually the same on the Amazon app -- you can't buy kindle books on it."

Wow. Yet another reason that I'm glad my family and I are Android snobs.

message 15: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments can't buy books from android app either

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) JoLene, I use the kindle reading app on my Samsung android tablet to buy e-books from Amazon.

Jason, if you're referring to Audible, I dunno. We just download audiobooks from the library's Overdrive and my husband takes care of all that for me. We thought about getting an Audible subscription, but we just don't listen to that many.

message 17: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I think that Amazon hosts the Android store so they may have a different deal there.