♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)
This topic is about Warm Bodies
BR & BOTM Archives > BR13 - RachelvlehcaR & Emiliee; Warm Bodies; Start date ----> 1st August

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) Hi Emiliee. Hope you don't mind that I made a thread for us. Looking forward to read with you. :)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) Emiliee, I looked through your to-read list and even compared our books. The results were limited, lol. I did notice that you wanted to read Warm Bodies. Would you like to have that as our August Buddy Read?

Emiliee | 98 comments Hi Rachel, I hope it isn't too late i didn't realize you had made a thread. I may be able to get the book on Tuesday, does that sound good?

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) Hi, thanks that great. I just got it today. Glad you could make it. :)

Emiliee | 98 comments I will go to the library on Tuesday :)

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) I just checked out the book at the library. Can't wait to start it.

Emiliee | 98 comments Me too. It sounds great.

Emiliee | 98 comments How are you going with the book?

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) I am really liking the book. It isn't what I expected at all. I'm at the part where R is in the food court with Julie.

How are you doing with the book?

Emiliee | 98 comments I'm not up to that part yet, I just started reading it last night but I am a fast reader. What page is that?

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) I'm over half way finished with the book. I'm about 140 pages and still going. I will read it a little more tonight.

It's a really fun book. I'm really enjoying it. I haven't watched the movie so I didn't know much about it other than it's Zombie meets girl and falls in love. I'm at the point where R followed Julie to the stadium.

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) I'm really enjoying the thought process of R. We never really think about it with zombies. I guess the only time it has been touched upon is in a few movies like 28 Weeks Later, Shaun of the Dead, and Fido.

I really sympathizes with R. Poor guy, he wants so much more. I see the changes he is going through and it is effecting the other zombies around him, especially M. I really didn't expect that I'd like this book as much as I do. I'm very surprised. How do you feel about the book so far?

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) I finished the book. :) I haven't reviewed it yet because I didn't want to spoil anything for you.

Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Emiliee | 98 comments Oh wow haha.

Emiliee | 98 comments I'm up to step two of the book about halfway through. I'm finding it quite interesting actually. Better then I expected.

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) That's what I thought too. I was really surprised at how much I found interesting about the book. It's totally different from what I thought it would be. I really like how R is evolving.

Emiliee | 98 comments Yeah I'm almost finished the book about 3/4 through.

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) Oh, neat. I can't wait until you get to the ending. I am curious to know what you thought of it.

Have you read I Am Legend? I kind of see a connect that way, I will explain more once you have finished the book. If you watched the movie it's nothing like the book. The closest version of the movies (I Am Legend, Omega Man, Last Man on Earth) made from the book is "Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price. It's an old black and white movie. Really good. Again, I will tell you more about what I think about the connection of both once you have finished the book.

Emiliee | 98 comments I can't wait either. It's very intriguing and a lot different then what I thought. No I haven't read that one yet.

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) I totally know what you mean. I felt that way to when reading it. This book has really surprised me. What do you think of Julie?

Emiliee | 98 comments Just finished the book, wow what a great ending!

RachelvlehcaR (charminggirl) Wonderful! Now let's get discussing the book.

What did you think?

(view spoiler)

Here is my connection with "I Am Legend" and "Warm Bodies". If you don't want to read the book "I Am Legend" then read right ahead however I'm going to give out big elements of the book.

(view spoiler)

I'm very curious to see what you think of it all.

Emiliee | 98 comments I really enjoyed the book and kind of felt sorry for R, he is a lovely character and loved how it turned out in the end with Julie