Orphans discussion

Rainbow Creek > Track and Field

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) .

message 2: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments Luna walked onto the track and field courts while reading and not looking where she was going. When she finally reached the fields, she saw that it was empty. With a sigh, she leaned down on a nearby maple tree, continuing her reading.

message 3: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) ((Are you waiting for someone, or can I join?))

message 4: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments ((nope, you can join in!))

message 5: by quq (last edited Apr 28, 2018 04:40PM) (new)

quq  (190511) Kia walked out to the track. She was determined to get in at least three laps at a run, this time. Last time hadn’t been her best — she had nearly fainted on lap two from sprinting. She needed some way to get this anger out, though.

message 6: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments She saw another girl appear. She seemed to be racing here. "Hi!" she called out to the girl.

message 7: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) Kia thought she saw motion out of the corner of her eye, so she ripped one earbud out and turned her head.

message 8: by Lora (last edited Apr 28, 2018 04:53PM) (new)

Lora | 38 comments Luna put down her book and jogged towards the girl. She started to wave to her. "Hi?" she said to her again.

message 9: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) Kia waved back and put her earbuds back in. She refined her idea; this time she would sprint 200 and walk 200 for 2 laps. She got in position at the starting line, in the second lane.

message 10: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments Luna saw as the girl started to run. She thought that they were early, but she guessed not now. She quickly came to the start line and started sprinting. Running came naturally to her now, after years of hunting.

message 11: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) Kia ran, not a sprint but not a jog either. She stopped at the halfway mark, breathing hard.

message 12: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments ((hey do you think they should become friends?))
Luna continued sprinting. She would run four laps, then she would let herself stop to read, she told herself.

message 13: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) ((Maybe, Kia’s a tough nut to crack XD))

“Hey,” she called out accusingly.

message 14: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments ((lol))
"What?", she slowed down enough for the girl to start running again?

message 15: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “Why are you so fast?” She asked.

message 16: by Lora (last edited May 02, 2018 12:17PM) (new)

Lora | 38 comments "I'm kind of used to it, probably since I was nine." Before the girl said anything else, she quickly added, "I had to hunt for food, so spent a lot of time in the wild and sometimes running away from bears and other dangerous animals. My stupid father spent all our money on cocaine." She stopped herself from ranting on even further.

message 17: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “Bears aren’t all that dangerous, and you shouldn’t run from them. Ever.” Kia retorted.

message 18: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments "Well, I was a dumb nine-year-old," she responded.

message 19: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “That you were.” She finished walking her 200 and got in position at the line.

message 20: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments "I guess," she said then started running again. "Hey, did you just come here?"

message 21: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “What do you mean?” She asked, frowning.

message 22: by Lora (last edited May 02, 2018 01:53PM) (new)

Lora | 38 comments "Like, how long have you've been here?", she asked again.

message 23: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “Oh. I was on the fourth round.” She said. She had no idea where Lucas or Hannah were, so they must have been on an earlier round than her? Maybe later. Probably earlier or they wouldn’t have left her. Right?

message 24: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments "I was the first one," she muttered. "This is pretty screwed up, huh? Making us leave our families, not that I miss my father at all, though." She snorted.

message 25: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “They are dead.” Kia responded.

message 26: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments Her eyes widened. "Oh," she said, not knowing how to respond to her.

message 27: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “No, all of them. They are all dead. Your parents, eveyone’s parents.” She snapped.

message 28: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments She stiffened. "My mom died years ago."

message 29: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “That doesn’t matter.” She rolled her eyes. “I mean all of the adults in NC.”

message 30: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments "Oh, it doesn't matter?" She snarled. "It doesn't matter if your father killed your mother?"

message 31: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “That’s not what I’m saying. I’m talking about the adults we left behind. They said they were coming, but they aren’t.

message 32: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments She softened a bit. "Yeah. Liars."

message 33: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “Whatever.” Kia started running her 200, trying to get away from her destructive thoughts.

message 34: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments "What's your name?" She asked suddenly, running beside her.

message 35: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) “None of your business.” She said.

message 36: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments "Look, just because you went through all that stuff doesn't mean that you have be like that. Everyone here went through shit."

((sorry is cursing ok?))

message 37: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) ((Yep, it’s fine))

“I know.” She said. “It’s hard to climb out of a hole you jumped into.” She muttered.

message 38: by Lora (last edited May 02, 2018 02:57PM) (new)

Lora | 38 comments "Yeah, I know how difficult that is. But I just decided that I shouldn't be owned by my past." She laughed a bit. "I know how much of a mom thing it is to say, but it's true."

message 39: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) ‘This is my present,’ Kia thought harshly, but didn’t say anything out loud.

message 40: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments She quickly finished her run and started reading her book again.

message 41: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) "What book?" she asked, walking a 200.

message 42: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments Luna held up the cover of the book. "The Hunger Games, which is my favorite! I probably already read it ten times," she told her.

((lol the hunger games is my actual fav))

message 43: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) ((haha I'm on Mockingjay))

"Sooo interesting." she rolled her eyes.

message 44: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments She rolled her eyes. "You would like it. Well, unless you are too busy running around with boys.”

message 45: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) "What boys? You see any boys around here?" she hissed.

message 46: by Lora (last edited May 05, 2018 08:09AM) (new)

Lora | 38 comments "Oh, I meant back home." She said, turning back to 'The Hunger Games'.

message 47: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) "Um, you said 'are,' which is present tense. If you were talking about back there, you would have said 'were.'" she smirked.

message 48: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments "Well, I guess I was mentioning your many fantasies in your head right now." She shot back at her.

message 49: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) "Which are none, except finding my most likely dead brother and his best friend," she shot back

message 50: by Lora (new)

Lora | 38 comments "Did they ditch you?" She asked.

« previous 1