flight paths discussion

wedge books > wedge books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2219 comments these books are quick to read as a bit of a break between denser works

message 2: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2219 comments refer to our library which has a dedicated shelf

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1209 comments I forgot about the wedge shelf. Too bad there is only one book-and that Hesse!

I'm reading Lovers at the Chameleon Club, Paris 1932-not exactly a wedge book but easier and a break from the compelling but horrific other book I'm reading, The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein about the use by capitalists of disasters-natural and man-made (sometimes with their assistance) to create economic windfalls for the wealthy.

message 4: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2219 comments funny in the not haha way
we were jysr talking about that yesterday...lotta so called anti poverty groupc function that eay:even starbucks us in on the game. they donate sttale baked goods for brownie pointd and free publicity

message 5: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1209 comments I'm especially interested in the topic given corporate takeover of many public school systems in the U.S. and the establishment of corporate-backed charter schools with their agenda of turning out capitalists/drones.

message 6: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 734 comments As a capitalist drone it is perhaps not what you have more about what you do with what you have.:-)

message 7: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1209 comments True. But with the mega-capitalists, it's all about how they get what they have. And it is truly frightening. King can't touch the true horror stories.

message 8: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2219 comments it seems pretty clear capitalism has hit a wall...yet we keep grinding on.watch out for falling plaster

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1209 comments Some of those chunks could kill you!

message 10: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2219 comments exactly!
which is why i am resisting just finding a safe nook to curl up with a book and am carrying on with my perceived mission.

ice, you capitalist drone you, you are on the mark
but it just so happens that if you have more you can do more,too bad for us who have less