What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Romance book like Jim and Pam's romance in The Office

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yackie (new)

Yackie | 3 comments I just recently binge-watched The Office and love Jim and Pam. I'm looking for a book similar to their romance in the tv show. Basically an office romance (although doesn't necessarily have to be an office setting) where the H and h are best friends and are in love but don't really tell the other person because they're scared to ruin the friendship or the h is in a relationship already.

I don't want them to get together fast. I like the slow-burn. Want to see them having fun, being flirty, before the friendship turns into more.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen | 260 comments Oh I would love a book recommendation for a Jim/Pam like romance too : o

*following*

message 3: by Christiana (new)

Christiana (christylouwho) | 2 comments Have you read Attachments by Rainbow Rowell? It has a lot of the elements you're talking about although not all (which might make for a good twist),

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Attachments for the link.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen | 260 comments OMG THIS SOUNDS ADORABLE!

Thank you so much, added to my TBR and most likely will be in my Read list very very soon.

message 6: by Yackie (new)

Yackie | 3 comments Thanks for the rec! I've put it on tbr list. It sounds like something I'd like. :-)

message 7: by Jessica (new)

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen | 260 comments I read Attachments and it was pretty cute! I liked that the book was written from the male MCs pov. What I missed in this book that we saw in The Office Jim/Pam relationship was the MCs interacting on a daily basis as friends. I wish there was that element in the story but it wouldn't have worked for this book. Besides that all the other elements of the Jam relationship were there for the most part. It apparently was Rainbow Rowell's first book so that was interesting too.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen | 260 comments For Dating You/ Hating You, is the female MC in a relationship with someone that isn't the male MC at any point of the story?

message 10: by Yackie (new)

Yackie | 3 comments I read Dating You/Hating You last year. I don't remember the details all that much but I don't think the h was in a relationship with someone else.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments Karen wrote: "I read Attachments and it was pretty cute! I liked that the book was written from the male MCs pov. What I missed in this book that we saw in The Office Jim/Pam relationship was the MCs interacting..."

I really don’t remember. To be honest I am not sure I ever finished it, but I remember thinking it was not your typical romance book.